[GS] New Natural Wonders in Gathering Storm

Vesuvius is shorter than the mountains around it, the same color, both have that partial caldera rim. The central vent is a little different and the Inca object is more bumpy.

I think it's just 2 versions of Vesuvius. Maybe pre and post eruption. Or just after different art passes.
I think we're looking at two different things.

Behold my amazing art skills pointing it out.

This is Vesuvius erupting.

This is Vesuvius post and pre eruption.

I can't see any similarities between the two, not to mention one is a mountain and the other is a hill.

I think we're figuring out that volcanoes have a tendency to look rather similar after they explode. :)

I'm gonna bet on mud volcanoes.

As for the Gobustan Mud Volcanoes being included in the game, I'm 99% sure they will be. As for the Civ promo image, it's difficult to say definitively that that feature is the Mud Volcanoes, but my feeling is it's likely. Hopefully, there will be a better image in the upcoming livestream.

Full reference image from the official site promo:
Spoiler :

As for the Gobustan Mud Volcanoes being included in the game, I'm 99% sure they will be. As for the Civ promo image, it's difficult to say definitively that that feature is the Mud Volcanoes, but my feeling is it's likely. Hopefully, there will be a better image in the upcoming livestream.

Full reference image from the official site promo:
Spoiler :

It would be disappointing to have Gobustan relegated to a single tile.

This title reminds me Qobustan National Park near Baku Azerbaijan.
It should because that's where I've been saying it's located for a few weeks now. :lol:

OP has been updated with screenshot of the Mud Volcanoes from the official site promo image. Still listed under "possible" though until we can get either a better view or game text.

My first thought was that it was Vesuvius, now I am not so sure

Speaking of the Maya, even though it looks like they won't be in the XP, I think having a cenote NW would be cool. I went to Chichén Itzá a few years back on a vacation and visited the Sacred Cenote, which was stunning. The Cenote @ Ik Kil would also be a good candidate.
Spoiler :

Ik-Kil confirmed in the Inca Livestream! :smug: Op has been updated.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Mt Fuji. Iconic. Been in previous iterations of the series. Is a volcano.

It's both what I hope/wish for and what I think Firaxis should choose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom