New Natural Wonders?

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
I have been scrolling through the new sources but haven't seen anything on new natural wonders

We have had several new natural wonders added in patches and in GK. It will be interesting to see what edits will be made like GK did to previous natural wonders.

If anyone has any information on new natural wonders please post it here!

GK saw Sri Prada, Mt. Sinai, Uluru, and Mt. Kailash added

We had the Fountain of Youth and El Dorado added coupled with Spain as well.

I say we could see less natural wonders this time around since there doesn't seem to be a particular mechanic that is needed, unlike faith :c5faith:, that could utilize natural wonders as much.

I say we could potentially see 3-5 natural wonders - Perhaps with a few acting beneficial for Caravans/Trade Routes [IE the Khyber Pass, the Aurora Borealis, etc.] or a few involving Archaeologists [IE maybe a new volcano or two]

Will Natural Wonders now be able to contribute to tourism like Great Works? If so, then Spain will be quite a force to be reckoned with.

The Africa scenario description says looking for Natural Wonders is part of the objective. I suspect we will see some African Natural Wonders in the game related to Tourism. I'm thinking Victoria Falls and Mt. Kilamajaro.

Yep just checked:

" Scramble for Africa: The great colonial powers of the world are scrambling to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for the great natural wonders of the heart of Africa as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play"

From http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/

Less mountains please (though I think Mt. Everest should be included).

Some archaeological-based Natural Wonders could be likely... something like Pompeii maybe? Is that on Rome's city list?

Some tourism boosting Natural Wonders could also be included, though it can be argued that nearly all of the current Natural Wonders could have that effect.

Also, no no no no no NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN fantasy ones (El Dorado is slightly tolerable; though it doesn't exist, at least it is plausible. Fountain of Youth is downright magical).

There were files for Mt. Everest from Vanilla weren't there? With the more global expansion I could see it finally making it in.

Kilimanjaro and Victoria falls do both seem extremely likely to make it in

Less mountains please (though I think Mt. Everest should be included).

Some archaeological-based Natural Wonders could be likely... something like Pompeii maybe? Is that on Rome's city list?

Some tourism boosting Natural Wonders could also be included, though it can be argued that nearly all of the current Natural Wonders could have that effect.

Also, no no no no no NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN fantasy ones.

I may prefer to see K2, the second tallest mountain. More people died on it, after all. :lol:

I may prefer to see K2, the second tallest mountain. More people died on it, after all. :lol:

Mt. Everest has quite the body count as well... and if you die up there, it is next to impossible to recover your body. Heck, they even use some of the frozen bodies as trail markers now.

We might even see more natural wonders this time, with general increase of NW per map sizes because of the new tourism mechanics.

I would throw my vote for Mt. Kilimanjaro, not sure about Victoria Falls because of the complexity of showing and animating it on the map, this is one of the reason why Niagara Falls isn't a NW yet, it's just too hard to animate water falling from some height from a river.

I'd love to have Great Rift Valley right there... Though perhaps it is too big for the game...

Mt. Everest might appear again...

I didn't notice this before, but Everest looks like it's a three-tile NW, basically, the graphic will be a mountain the size of three mountains put together.

Its from before Vanilla was released shah

For natural wonders I could really see some african ones, Kilimanjaro, Victoria Falls and the Cape of Good Hope (or the Tafelberg) comes to mind, one alternative could possibly be the "source of the Nile", (possibly) spawning at the source of a current game's longest river, not to mention, like, the entire island of Madagascar and Socotra; Also the Khyber Pass, as mentioned above.
But I disagree with the Aurora, as it is phenomenon, like rain, snow or thunder, and not a Monolith stuck in the ground.

New line of thought here: Re: thunder as I wrote just now, the continuous Catatumbo Lightning would be a kick ass natural wonder.

I'd like to see less mountains and more of everything else. I know it's probably easier to do a mountain wonder than a waterfall, but they're starting to look generic.

Also, no no no no no NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN fantasy ones (El Dorado is slightly tolerable; though it doesn't exist, at least it is plausible. Fountain of Youth is downright magical).

What? But surely we need Solomon's Mines, Opar, a Lost Valley and an Elephant Graveyard when we go "searching for the great natural wonders of the heart of Africa"? :)

Top Bottom