1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Patch for Rising Tide: Wonder War and Chungsu new colors

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Veras, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Game won't even start anymore.

Ah, but Civ 5 still works... =)

2. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

They need to do a lot more to the AI than recode its aggression to make this a meaningful change - as it is a player who's close enough to an affinity victory to be a danger is almost certain to be well ahead of the AI's affinity level, with the associated affinity units to show for it. If the AI isn't actually any better at competing with players' teching or resource yields, this will just promote pointless suicide attacks. This seems much too late to have the AI wake up and realise the player is a threat - especially as most AIs may well be dead or irrelevant by then.

3. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Hum, unless they changed something else about internal routes (such as introducing caps), it sounds like Internal Routes are now 75% as overpowered as they used to be. :D

By itself its definitely not going to stop the keep satellite cities production as low as possible to maximize total hammers produced in the most productive city (when hammers from internal routes are added)

4. joncnunn

Try verifying your steam cache if it still doesn't work after steam finished downloading the files.

5. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Nope, no dice. Even reinstalled Steam. Still nothing.

Buh-dum-tish.

6. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

30 minutes in, i got the Radio Silence quest, to build a vivarium (land building) on my only water city :(

7. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Perhaps on Apollo difficulty if you're roughly the same in technology and affinity count as the AI, "wonder wars" could provide a challenge.

8. Callonia

Callonia Deity

I'm playing on Soyuz atm, being peaceful atm with most of the world going Harmony. With me as Purity. :lol:

I plan to build the exodus gate and test the reactions lol.

9. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Better than BERT launch? Yes. Kinda beaultiful? Certainly.

Will I still keep using you badass mod? Definitely. Provided it still works, or you update it.

10. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Haha, thanks! :D

I'm playing a new Chungsu game now. It's my first time as them; I figured now is a good time to do so, I didn't like the original colors. Plus, after my very first game as the NSA and the minor issues I came across with an aquatic capital, I haven't been playing any water-start sponsors.

Anyway... after a little bit of playing, the new official colors have grown on me and I really dig them!

With my mod, after I had to lighten up the background to make them more distinct around hostile aliens, I didn't like how nationally accurate the colors seemed. (A few days ago, I was actually thinking about another mod to make them the green again, and switching Brasilia to a type of red scheme instead!)

I'll probably create a new one which uses these new Chungsu colors and only changes INTEGR to purple.

- - - - - - - -

(Maybe Firaxis is saving a reddish scheme for another sponsor in the next expansion. :mischief:)

11. Avance

Avance Chieftain

Hello,
    the bug HOF not fixed yet ! :wallbash:

12. Voltage

Voltage Warlord

Is this for steam mac? i don't think my mac downloaded anything through steam

anyway to check?

13. Gritf

Gritf Chieftain

In my current game, I kicked Chungsu out of the game by conquering their last city, but now in his surrender dialogue the "Understood" button isn't clickable, so I can't pass turn. Anyone has the same issue?

14. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

That's really annoying.

15. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

not yet

It usually take several days following the PC release for the Mac version to be ready.

16. Voltage

Voltage Warlord

Okay.

Do civ patches break save games?

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Usually. Since a lot can change I would be ready to drop the save.

18. joncnunn

Actually, depending upon exactly how this was coded, this actually could benefit the player a lot on Apollo. For mid level and low level, sure this is likely to increase AI aggression towards the human, but the higher the difficulty level the human is on, the fewer world wonders he attempts to build.

So if the AI is only mad went it got beat out to a world wonder to the player that beat it, on Apollo it's going to be other AIs a whole lot more that it will the human.

If instead it gets mad at current owners of world wonders, pretty much the first player to conquer someone else's capital is likely to be dog-piled shortly thereafter.

19. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I think you may have missed what was being said. Wonder wars isn't referring to wonders you build in cities but rather end-game wonders like the emancipation gate.

20. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

I was disappointed with the Patch.
    I don't think its bad but rather a mismatch of internal resources unless they have a spare programmer making the changes.

AI declare war when you build a victory condition wonder is what I find disappointing because anyone here who has played a Civfanatics Game of the Month will know full well, killing some of the AI is ALWAYS a good idea so all that will change is that the optimal play will be "do what we usually do, oh and kill off a few AI".

I wasn't expecting anything dramatic but is this "AI hate human player!" or will the rule extend to AI attacking each other as well if they are winning?

Might sound trivial but some of the veterans will know why I am asking that specific question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.