new Pitboss game on dedicated box

HAK, I understand your concern and I've seen that method floating around the PB forum. However, with a 2 year old boy at my house, things happen at ALL times of the day and night, and I cannot gurantee any time I could make it to a game. Thus, pitboss. Which solves that problem for me quite nicely. I am using the Turn Notifier to help speed things up a bit, and we are changing to 12 hour turns. Note that Furious and Dandrige. 12 hour turns. I will probably start the game sometime in the evening but I've heard that PB has issues with losing or gaining time, so it will slip. Can you guys make 12 hour turns from over there? If it's a problem, I may go back to 24 hour because we still do not have 12 ppl yet.

And yeah kicking you from the game when you go on vacation is fine. No complaints here bro.

We are doing the continents thing, I love the Navy aspect too.

I see what you are saying about tech trading. "I'll research this while you research that" conversations via email offline. Yeah that would suck. OK no tech trading unless there is sufficient arguement otherwise.

If HAK wants to join, we have 11 with me. We need one more. One other thing, I am on a business trip out of town right now, but will be back tomorrow night. Earliest it would start would be tomorrow night, more likely the next night for me to get organized. I don't want to half-ass this. Preferences list, spreadsheet of players and their emails and races, Outlook distribution lists and entering the emails again into Turn Notifier takes alot of time. Especially just to get my ass kicked by you pros. I've been lurking around for a bit, I've seen alot of you guys active in this forum, and know who I'm up against. :sad:

Okay I took so long to post that last that HAK and another person both chimed in, so we have 11, 12 with me. Game closed. Let's look at tomorrow night, as long as the world doesn't fall apart on me, I will most probably get the server up tomorrow night late, and email you all with the address and password. It is possible but not probable, that it may have to wait until the next night, but no further. No yelling at me till then. If there are ANY issues at all during the game, you'll all have my email and I will admin issues every night. Hopefully it should run pretty smooth but I'm betting on bugs coming out of PB with 12 ppl and huge maps. Not sure if a large game has been done a whole lot yet.

pennywise, the only thing I can think of is be sure to have patch 1.52 installed please. And do you know how to connect to a directIP game?

Joe, sorry but we have enough ppl now. Please monitor this thread, if anyone drops out we will most definitely welcome you.

When you click on the Multiplayer link the middle one says Direct IP. It's the one two above Play By Email. You click that one. You'll have your name on top. On the right side you'll enter in the IP Address and Password for the game that is provided to us by desolat. Then you'll click on your Civ name and click Ok. Then you'll be asked to enter your personal password (first time you'll be asked to set it).
Then when you do your turn, you ended it just like in pbem, and then exit back to the menu.

Game is up and running! Enjoy folks. Slot assignments and address/password are in your emails. Please let me know of any issues. Remember the slots go from slot ZERO to slot 11 for the 12 people. First slot being 0, last slot is 11. I'm sure most of us know this, just don't want that to get messed up. THanx!

Pennywise, I see you got in now. Did you use the desolat.serveftp.net domain name or the original one I gave out?

I used desolat.serveftp.net and that worked, but I just tried it agin and it did not work. Do I have to wait until the next turn to get in again?

Pennywise_30 said:
I used desolat.serveftp.net and that worked, but I just tried it agin and it did not work. Do I have to wait until the next turn to get in again?

Nope. You can log in as many times as you want, whenever you want, as long as the server is up.

Those having trouble getting in need to identify the text that's being displayed on the screen when the connection times out. Which is it:

Contacting host
Connecting to host
Contacting peer
Connecting to peer

???

I can't connect either.

edit: stuck at "contacting host"

To discover the IP "quad" number, run nslookup in the console window (I'm not sure you have it installed though). The DNS works for both addresses, returns the same number, but that number didn't work.

I'm not posting the number in the public forum because I'm not sure that's OK with the host. (It looks like 70.???.???.70)

Yeah don't post the number, it doesn't matter. The resolved number you got was correct with the 70's on both sides like that. Alright, everyone try the one I paid for and run my mailserver on, that is lambersons.com. However, all your email to pitboss.servegame.org got to the box in my closet just fine, so I know that name is resolving. Just try lambersons.com. Also I will send the resolved number in email right now. Just know this. This is a dynamic IP. It hasn't changed in a dogs age, but that doesn't mean it won't Which is why I paid for lambersons.com because I want a static domain name to run my mailserver on. If lambersons.com doesn't resolve for you all, I'd LOVE to know that, and I will get on my nameservice at once.

Anyway, not sure why it is happening, but all apologies nonetheless.

Hmm wait a minute, Furious you are saying you typed in the number that resolved from nslookup and it STILL didn't work? Nope can't explain that. Looks like over half of you have gotten in though. Try again.

Top Bottom