new Pitboss game on dedicated box

I'm around at the moment and mysterio is around if you fancy doing a quick test connecting in the 3 of us? If so my xfire is tals and i'll pm you my msn

Tals

Hmm I think we maybe wasting our time - I just checked picturtle and his game has the same probs - I don't believe my game does

Code:
[36232.343] DBG: Resetting the portal! (m_bConnectComplete=false)
[36246.109] DBG: Resetting the portal! (m_bConnectComplete=false)
[36246.359] WRN: Disconnecting from entire Peer Network!
[36263.063] DBG: Attempting to join host at determined address xx.xx.133.144:2056

[36293.093] ERR: Our connection attempt to host at xx.xx.133.144:2056 failed.  Connection timeout..  Cannot join game
[36293.578] WRN: Disconnecting from entire Peer Network!
[36302.297] WRN: Disconnecting from entire Peer Network!

So not really very clear why we can't connect.

Tals

Since the # of human players is 6 or 7 now, would it be possible to arrange a gathering and get a little more turns accomplished at once?

We hypothesized that it was due to some player being connected with an aggressive software firewall, that would then stop other players from connecting while they were in the game... (Playing in Picturtles game..)

McManus said:
We hypothesized that it was due to some player being connected with an aggressive software firewall, that would then stop other players from connecting while they were in the game... (Playing in Picturtles game..)

True that. :o

Personally, I have my firewall turned off now everytime Civ is running. And I'm looking for a better, free one.

Perhaps at another time.

Top Bottom