New Rise and Fall mechanics beta phase

Cacaso

Warlord
I think I found an exploit on this system.

You can buy a building for gold at the beginning of Advanced start and then exchange civics (for one that gives a discount on some type of building) during advanced start (by pressing f3) and then sell again for a higher price

so i think the price should be fixed for each civ and not vary according to any discounts given by civics.

Example:
BrazilCIV starts with 4 cities and the civic "monarchy" (which doubles construction speed of jail, constabulary) if, in 3 cities there was no jail, it is possible to buy the jail in two other cities and even during advanced start, press the F3 key to change the civics (to exchange monarhy for despotism for example) and then sell these two newly purchased buildings for a larger amount of gold.

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update:
- fixed exploit to create additional units by loading the initial save
- fixed extended flip area for independence civs
- independence civs receive vision of their master's territory
- fixed vision range for revealed territory
- fixed units granted at the Arabian, Polish and Incan spawns

h0spitall3rz

Grand Vizier of Your Mind
Something alarming I just noticed while looking at the World Builder to check first discovered techs: the mod isn't able to store most of the data in StoredData anymore. Checked my save games, no data stored even turns after the start. Loaded up a 3000 BC and a 600 AD start, no stored data either. Only very few variables have data stored, like iNextTurnAIWar, iCongressTurns, and lGenericPlagueDates.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-12-4_14-31-4.png

h0spitall3rz

I also noticed that the Rise of Civilization mechanic isn't applied to the appropriate civs on scenario start:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-12-4_14-48-43.png

However, triggering it manually via the Python console shows that it works normally:

Spoiler :

upload_2021-12-4_14-50-21.png

upload_2021-12-4_14-51-14.png

Leoreth

Blue Period
Are these rules strictly for newborn civilizations, or do some of the new rules also apply for resurrected civilizations, i.e. China respawning after collapsing?
None of them apply for resurrected civilizations. I guess some of them would make sense, we can discuss and try that at a later point.

Something alarming I just noticed while looking at the World Builder to check first discovered techs: the mod isn't able to store most of the data in StoredData anymore. Checked my save games, no data stored even turns after the start. Loaded up a 3000 BC and a 600 AD start, no stored data either. Only very few variables have data stored, like iNextTurnAIWar, iCongressTurns, and lGenericPlagueDates.

Most of these are obsolete now and the mod doesn't use them anymore.

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update:
- added tests for additional core functionality
- made sure that AI Harappa collapses
- units are only expelled to passable tiles to prepare for the birth of a civilization

h0spitall3rz

Most of these are obsolete now and the mod doesn't use them anymore.

Oh, I did not know this. I guess I was gone from DoC for too long already. :lol:

EDIT: Wait, so won't there be a way for us to see the data previously shown in StoredData? For instance, I like seeing from time to time which civs were the first to discover which techs.

Leoreth

Blue Period
Victory relevant information is now tracked by the goals themselves where necessary, but there isn't a global tracker for who discovered what first anymore.

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update: added a civilopedia concepts entry explaining the new birth of a civilization rules (roughly equivalent to the opening post of this thread)

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update: prevented civic changes during the advanced start phase.

mrrandomplayer

Hopeless Situation Warrior
Persia seems very strong right now, a lot of the Byzantium starts I've loaded have had a god-tier Persia. Upon playing as Persia to see why, getting 12 swords for the expansion bonus seems like a lot.

Zaddy

Prince
I feel like it can't be intended that I receive a stack of almost 75 units when England DOWs on city flip as America, correct?

Spoiler :
upload_2021-12-9_14-35-52.png

Each other city has 11 Minutemen each sitting in the city... Save before flip attached.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1776 Turn 1007.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

BaneFire

Warlord
I feel like it can't be intended that I receive a stack of almost 75 units when England DOWs on city flip as America, correct?

Each other city has 11 Minutemen each sitting in the city... Save before flip attached.
Well, that's the first UHV locked down at least!

Just an idea

Chieftain
I played a few games as China, and observed that civs that get expansion bonuses (mainly Persia and Arabia) are able to hold their empires past historical time frame quite often. I think reason is probably that due to bonus withdrawal chance most of their free troops survive. Those troops can then be used to rebel Conquerors events meant to destabilize them. Alexander's and Seljuk's conquest might need a buff to account for extra troops their targets now have.

From AI Mongols I don't have that much data. I played only one game that continued after Mongol spawn. For some reason Mongols didn't declare war on me, though China was displayed as their expansion area. They did conquer Turks but Arabs managed to rebel them.

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update: fixed war declaration popup after resurrection

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update:
- civilizations that have just spawned at scenario start receive the usual birth protections
- fixed excessive units creation caused by multiple wars declared after flip
- advanced start points scale with game speed

char81

Warlord
I played a game as Babylonia, and on spawn, Arabia flips Babylon. Also if Babylon is the only city, Arabia flips it anyway, resulting in a game over. Not sure if that is intentional, but I think it would make more sense that capitals of civs in a core area should be protected from being flipped.

Leoreth

Blue Period
New update: fixed an error during trading company city assignment.

Top Bottom