• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Tech Icons

HorseSoldier

Retrofit this....
After all these years of shamelessly downloading hundreds of files for my modding pleasure I'd like to give something back. I made these for my mod (Gunpowder Tech) after I couldn't find any that really tickled my fancy. Wikipedia of course ;)

I would also like to explain how very easy is is to create any icons at all. Tech or wonder.

1. Get Jasc Paint Shop Pro (PSP)- its free and even very old versions will work. I am using 9.0 but even older will work fine. If they come with an (30/60/90 day) trial expiration - cracks can be found.

2. Save (right click) whatever image you want as a BMP.

3. In PSP resize the BMP to the appropriate size - Large Tech = 128 x 128 Small Tech = 32 x 32
Wonder Splash 320 x 320

4. Reduce Colors to 256. Took me a while to figure this one out......

5. Save as .PCX

6. Enjoy

Thanks to all whose works have helped me - You know who you are :clap:

How do I add a %@#$! preview ?

Attachments

• bombard-sm.pcx
    2.6 KB · Views: 34
  • bombard-lg.pcx
    28.9 KB · Views: 40
Free legal versions can be googled easily. Ver 9.x 0r 8.x - Both are 5 years old. But they have a 30 or 45 day trial expiration.

As long as your up, How do I post a preview on my original post?
Tried to follow the directions in the FAQ and can't get it to work as explained. :(
Also I apologize for posting this here as I think it should be in Graphics Modpacks.
I'll PM a Moderator and turn myself in.

How do I add a %@#$! preview ?
Add them as an attachment (or upload them to an image host), then use the Insert Image button in the post's toolbar (it will ask you for the link to the file, i suggest you view the attachment first, and save the link). Make sure you've converted the image to a .jpg file, as web browsers don't usually read .pcx

Also, make sure your image isn't using the last two colors in the color palette once you reduce the colors to 256, otherwise it won't look right in-game. I suggest you actually reduce them to 254 colors, then increase back up to 256, as this will leave them blank.

Top Bottom