New unit: F4Phantom plus other jet updates 11/07/2004

Hey cool :) Does anybody know if this one with camo and yellow star is Vietnamese or Chinese?

Well, as you know, both PRC's and Vietnam's flag is a Red flag with Yellow stars.

but on planes?
i have only seen red stars on chinse aircrafts. It however can be OUTLINED in yellow.

solid yellow star with all i know: Vietnam's is my bet.
this is a guess.. not accual facts... so.... if it helps at all.

Edit: i just saw that pic you might be asking about...

gee thats hard to tell from me now....
its outlined.. mostly red.. but has yellow star...

my guess is still viet but i feel like my chance of being wrong just shot up.

Edit2:

OK, Im really guessing vietnam now.. NOT CHINESE, VIETs

OK, I'll wait what the guys from the Vietnam mod say - but the unit could come without stars anyway, as most of my other jets come without special air force symbols (makes them usable for various nations). I just thought if this one is a Vietnamese MiG, then the camo pattern would be right for the mod :)

I AM ALMOST 80% SURE ITS VIETNAMS THING! well..
-50% DUE TO COLOR SIMILARITY WITH CHINESE
-30% DUE TO OUTLINE OF YELLOW
:D
+50% because i really think that Camo/Yellowstar Mig is VIET.
:p

BeBro said:
Hey cool :) Does anybody know if this one with camo and yellow star is Vietnamese or Chinese?

I am good! :cool:

Now about those choppers, might I suggest that you do the Comanche first? :D

Would look like this: red as civ color, no stars :)

Edit. oh, just read you meant civ-colored stars - well can you live without them, just civ colors as they are now?

Attachments

• MiG17.gif
    MiG17.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 381
BeBro,
if color conversion is that easy (perhaps not)
Couldn't you give us a Navy or Marine version (Grey on white) for the Phantom. Today we got your and Wyrmshadows version and both in SouthEastAsia color scheme I think.

Cemo

BeBro said:
Would look like this: red as civ color, no stars :)

Edit. oh, just read you meant civ-colored stars - well can you live without them, just civ colors as they are now?

The mig looks perfect in that preview, Bro :D I already see enough stars from walking into doorjams and signposts.

cemo1956 said:
BeBro,
if color conversion is that easy (perhaps not)
Couldn't you give us a Navy or Marine version (Grey on white) for the Phantom. Today we got your and Wyrmshadows version and both in SouthEastAsia color scheme I think.

Cemo

Wyrm already did a navy F-5E Freedom fighter in kinduv bluey-grey. It looks really good. Snoop around and you should find it. :)

Mig17 's ready, can be found here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=93685 (see first post). I posted the link there because all the other Soviet jets are there too, so it keeps things a bit in order ;)

Cemo, if I recall correctly there's also a Navy Phantom on the CDG somewhere....I have forgotten who made it.

BeBro said:
Cemo, if I recall correctly there's also a Navy Phantom on the CDG somewhere....I have forgotten who made it.
I think not. The only F-4 listed was mine. The grey one you speak of must be somewhere on CFC.

Wyrmshadow said:
I think not. The only F-4 listed was mine. The grey one you speak of must be somewhere on CFC.

NO. As yours was the forst F-4 to be made. I know of no Naval version.:hmm:

Hm, I thought I saw another one in lighter grey-blue on the CDG....well, maybe I'm wrong :D

Ok, I made a Navy/Marine Corps Version :) Available in the first post, not tested in Civ, but should be ok. If not drop me a note.

Cemo, I don#t know if you read it, but Cadmus at the CDG wrote that he works on several ogf the early UK jets you requested. I personally will now have a little break from aircraft making to concentrate on other stuff ;)

Navy Phantom looks like this:

Attachments

• PhantomNavy_death.gif
    PhantomNavy_death.gif
    71.3 KB · Views: 306
Top Bottom