New Units??

That would be most likely, because of the screenshot with Orleans which has the religion behind the city name. There is not enough room for multiple religions in 1 city.

Or that could signify just the dominant religion of that city, or that Christianity was founded there. If you can only have one religion per city then religion spread will be odd. There must be a way to convert or switch civs and cities and I bet it's by a slow build up of religious influence. I'd prefer multiple religions fighting for the devotion of citizens of each city, that's what I expect too. Perhaps you mouse over the Christianity Orleans icon and it says 72% christianity 21% Hindu 7% Islam or something like that.

If you look at the screenshots, flight lets you build 2 air units. Judging by the icons I´d say they are WWI era fighter(single engine triplane) and bomber(twin engine biplane)

Great! Awesome!

27 new units, lets say that new Civilizations get all one UU each plus half of them second one.

Early unit, like javelin thrower
New ship
Crusader (some religious buildings grant new units)
Another religious holy warrior
Grenadier
Trench infantry (Infantry has new graphs in screenshots, maybe old graph goes to new unit)
Mortar type unit
Marine
Guerilla

My speculation only ;)

This fits quite nicely to what is needed in the game. We need a new ship for sure between trireme and caravel. Something from medieval times, or a gallease. Then I wonder if they leave trireme the way it is and add two or so new melee ship units. War galley could be one. The trireme also was used as a combat platform started by the Romans and their boarding spike that linked ships together. This occurred in the First Punic War versus Carthage.

Would love a Dreadnought unit would give me hope of a longer Industrial age, but I highly doubt such a unit is one of the "new" units.

This would be interesting as well. At least they could add a armored or protected cruiser to the mix. Or even a motor torpedo boat. They should also fix the ironclad a bit so it has purpose and have it be an indicative representation of the ongoing quest for naval technology among the nations of the world, during the latter half of the 19th century.

Would love a Dreadnought unit would give me hope of a longer Industrial age, but I highly doubt such a unit is one of the "new" units.

I wouldn't be surprised for us getting a dreadnought, after all I couldn't belive my eyes as getting the new planes and early tank. From military point of view it's almost like a new era into the game.

What I'm REALLY curious about is why the infantry unit has new graphics?
Do we get some new skins for some units, or has the old infantry graphics gone to some new unit.

That would be so awesome...

Anyone else feel like a holy war in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

His Noodly Appendages praise us all!
If they don't get in the way of the game too much, they would be pretty cool.
Although a Jihad might be overdoing things.

What I'm REALLY curious about is why the infantry unit has new graphics?
Do we get some new skins for some units, or has the old infantry graphics gone to some new unit.

Maybe they adopt a era-reskinning for Infantry (like for workers), so when discovered they looks more like WWI infantry and after the coming of Modern Age they change appearance into WWII soldiers (like the Infantry in Civ5).

I have this opinion because the ICON still the same, and the elmet icon is more WWII style than WWI :)

But maybe there will be Trench Infantry and then Modern Infantry...

P.S. i really really really don't want to see Granatiers as ranged anchestor of Machinguns!!!! Maybe Horse Artillery or Light Infantry (Skirmishers, Sharpshooters, Tirallieurs, Jager etc..)

I don't think new Great persons count as units...

You can bet, they do! Why omit the opportunity to raise impressive numbers in the proclamation? Every fan loves to read about many new units, so they will take into account every unit that is "real".

Are Great Prophets and great spies "real" units? I don't know. The great Spy probably not, as the whole espionage mechanic is "virtual".
The Great Admiral will be "real" for sure.

So you will have to lower the amount of remaining "free slots" by at least two.

Where are people seeing Infantry with new graphics?

I don't think anyone has said this, but I strongly believe that the Horse Archer will be a new unit in the game.

Funnily enough, I still am pulling from my mod here. But that's because I think the game desperately needs a ranged mounted unit (besides Keshiks, an exclusive). O_O

I don't think anyone has said this, but I strongly believe that the Horse Archer will be a new unit in the game.

Funnily enough, I still am pulling from my mod here. But that's because I think the game desperately needs a ranged mounted unit (besides Keshiks, an exclusive). O_O

Yes I was looking last night at a list of CiIV units. I truly miss the horse archer as well. It should be added as a generic form of keshik. Like swordsman is for legion.

Not sure about the supposed new infantry graphics, can't find a pic. I love the machine gun though.

I could see it. It would also help with the logjam of units. For example, if they add a Horse Archer, you could have a Numidian Cavalry as a Horse Archer replacement and a Carthaginian Elephant as a Horseman replacement.

Here's how I have it breaking down:

12 unique units (3 civs will have 2 uus, I think they'll struggle to find more)
Missionary
Great Prophet
Privateer
Landship
Machinegun
Biplane fighter
Biplane bomber.

It appears there will be two types of infantry (it looks like the graphics for the infantry have changed to a more WWII style infantry), so:

Infantry/GI
Crusader
Horse Archer

Five units left, I'll go with:
Inquisitor
Guerilla
Galleas/Cog
Guerilla
Something else

Check the picture with the machine guns again. There are a bunch of infantry, and they're all wearing American infantry uniforms from WWII.

Maybe the War Elephant becomes playable for everyone this time?

And what would Siam get as a unit?

And what would Siam get as a unit?

They stay the same with Narusaun's Elephant. India shouldn't even have War Elephants as a unique unit, they were used all over the Ancient World and would make sense to be a common unit. I have no idea what India would get, but I'm sure they could get creative.

I could see it. It would also help with the logjam of units. For example, if they add a Horse Archer, you could have a Numidian Cavalry as a Horse Archer replacement and a Carthaginian Elephant as a Horseman replacement.

Here's how I have it breaking down:

12 unique units (3 civs will have 2 uus, I think they'll struggle to find more)
Missionary
Great Prophet
Privateer
Landship
Machinegun
Biplane fighter
Biplane bomber.

It appears there will be two types of infantry (it looks like the graphics for the infantry have changed to a more WWII style infantry), so:

Infantry/GI
Crusader
Horse Archer

Five units left, I'll go with:
Inquisitor
Guerilla
Galleas/Cog
Guerilla
Something else

Nice choices there.

They stay the same with Narusaun's Elephant. India shouldn't even have War Elephants as a unique unit, they were used all over the Ancient World and would make sense to be a common unit. I have no idea what India would get, but I'm sure they could get creative.

Gurkhas which could be a swordsman replacement or a unique WWII infantry unit. Sepoys (could be replace for cavalry, lancer, musket, or rifleman) could be another choice, though these were in British and other nations service. What would be cool is if you gain alliance with India, you can recruit a certain number of Gurkha or sepoy regiments. Or they could like you said get creative.

BTW the infantry does look like WWII. It could be they have made uniforms diverse. That would be great. In fact if they did not do this. A great later dlc would be a unit diversity pack for the civs. So standard units look like their respective civ's armies.

Indians used them more often. Most Elephants used in war were also imported from India. That's why it's still a good choice for them.

Indians used them more often. Most Elephants used in war were also imported from India. That's why it's still a good choice for them.

Just make War elephants available to both Carthage and India (they did both use them, and both are described as war elephants, or War or Indian elephants, in India's case). Give Carthage the Numidian Cavalry, which is what their armies were built around.

Top Bottom