New Version - 1.1.4 (October 24, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as DukeBrani said, you don't steal the gold from the AI technically, it kinda gets out from thin air :) (to curtail annoyance I presume)

Thanks! That would be annoying if that much gold was actually stolen from me for sure.
On a similar note is anything actually stolen from me or another Civ..? I get a notification that 500 hammers were stolen but again nothing is stolen (I see where a wonder can be disrupted though). So just to clarify, the other Civ or myself just acquires the beakers, hammers etc but nothing is actually stolen from the other civ or me in any circumstance?

Last edited:
Has anything changed with Vassals and peace making? I had Assyria as a vassal, and was at war with Polynesia. Got them battered hard enough that I could get capitulation (but weirdly it didn't say "make peace" in the trade) against the usual gold and luxuries. And lo and behold, they're my happy vassal... but I find myself at war with Assyria as well as all the city states that I was allied with right before signing the capitulation treaty.
Can I not have two vassals at the same time now? Do city states dislike capitulations?

Has anything changed with Vassals and peace making? I had Assyria as a vassal, and was at war with Polynesia. Got them battered hard enough that I could get capitulation (but weirdly it didn't say "make peace" in the trade) against the usual gold and luxuries. And lo and behold, they're my happy vassal... but I find myself at war with Assyria as well as all the city states that I was allied with right before signing the capitulation treaty.
Can I not have two vassals at the same time now? Do city states dislike capitulations?

This scenario should be impossible, make a bug report on Github please.

A big thank you to Recursive.
Gazebo has been in charge for so long that I feared that the project would be gone once he is over with it.
Having a team of developers makes it much more resilient.

I only wish I had time to play again.

Gazebo is not gone, merely busy - but no worries, I won't let the project die off. :)

Files and instructions for building the autoinstaller have been added to the repository, and I reverse engineered the project/solution files for C4DF and More Luxuries, so in the unlikely event of everyone's sudden and permanent disappearance, other modders could continue VP as well.

@Recursive
I have a more general question. How many downloads does VP have? Like is there an estimate of how many people actually play it or play on the latest (or latestish) patch etc?

Hey guys, any changes regarding the CTDs in lategame during AI turns? I would love to get back into the game, but had no luck with the last couple of versions. It really sucks to play for a couple of hours, get attached to your civ and the game, and then not being able to finish it

I thought the number of DPs was limited. With 4 DPs and a vassal, attacking Polynesia would be the equivalent of attacking 6 civs. I have my civ, and everyone hates Mongolia (for the 8 total) but that would still pretty much be a suicide move.

20211103171909_1.jpg

Hey guys, any changes regarding the CTDs in lategame during AI turns? I would love to get back into the game, but had no luck with the last couple of versions. It really sucks to play for a couple of hours, get attached to your civ and the game, and then not being able to finish it

If you're asking for the sake of MP, no, it is still not stable and likely never will be outside of Hotseat MP.

As for single player, this version is incredibly stable. I've played several games on 1.1.4 to the finish screen in MP Hotseat.

@Recursive
I have a more general question. How many downloads does VP have? Like is there an estimate of how many people actually play it or play on the latest (or latestish) patch etc?

Google Drive doesn't seem to display the number of downloads.

I can't debug anything without a save file before a reproducible crash.

I thought the number of DPs was limited. With 4 DPs and a vassal, attacking Polynesia would be the equivalent of attacking 6 civs. I have my civ, and everyone hates Mongolia (for the 8 total) but that would still pretty much be a suicide move.

View attachment 613417

I finally fixed this bug for next version.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having issues with the Enlightenment Era mod missing text from the new update? I'll post this in that thread as well.
I deactivated that particular mod, and am having no missing text issues with this current rev. Reactivate, and I'm missing texts from the EE. Just wondered if any else was having issues.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having issues with the Enlightenment Era mod missing text from the new update? I'll post this in that thread as well.
I deactivated that particular mod, and am having no missing text issues with this current rev. Reactivate, and I'm missing texts from the EE. Just wondered if any else was having issues.

Same here. Just got back into the game recently and I'm having this same issue. There's an entry on the GitHub from back in July indicating it's a "mod conflict" and that it will not be fixed by the community patch team :(.

@Infixo ? :)

Same here. Just got back into the game recently and I'm having this same issue. There's an entry on the GitHub from back in July indicating it's a "mod conflict" and that it will not be fixed by the community patch team :(.

@Infixo ? :)

Well, nuts.. Thanks for confirming.

Using the latest version? I fixed that in 1.1.1.
I can confirm that Austria is using her ability with the same city-state over and over in my game too (1.1.4, no relevant mods). Granted this is the only city-state next to her but it's still unintended behavior nonetheless.

Also barbarians managed to conquer a city state lol, haven't seen that in a while.
barb.jpg

Edit : apparently it's fixed in the next version, didn't see the follow up message.

I can confirm that Austria is using her ability with the same city-state over and over in my game too (1.1.4, no relevant mods). Granted this is the only city-state next to her but it's still unintended behavior nonetheless.

This happened in my lastest game aswell; Austria marrying the same city-state over and over again.

Dear @Recursive,
In the latest versions, I have seen that the value of all Leaders on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases are at -1. Is a value that must be reported for mod civilizations for proper operation ?
Thank you.

Default is -1 (1 in actual gameplay, making all approaches equally likely), but it should be overridden if the modder specifies a different value. Is that not happening?

The reasoning for using -1 is that I removed the distinction between the Friendly and Protective approaches in the DLL. Internally, the DLL grabs the highest of the two values for the Friendly approach. Both rows must stay in the table for backwards compatibility, however.

If the default was 5 like for major civ approaches, one approach was set below 5 and the other one was omitted by the modder, it would retrieve 5 as the value.

Since any value lower than -1 is functionally equivalent to -1, I went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom