New Version - October 9th (10/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that high (otherwise OCC would be a solid strategy)
I've actually finished a game where I only built one settler. If you can get the enemy to forward settle you its awesome. Plus on high difficulties captured AI cities will already have extra tiles, a building or two and a bigger population
Considering science and culture bonus from trade routes on Deity - it is that high. Actually my friend recently won OCC on Deity/Standard for Netherlands and he won on turn 279. I think that currently for Netherlands OCC is actually a REALLY good strategy even if you can build more cities.

Considering science and culture bonus from trade routes on Deity - it is that high. Actually my friend recently won OCC on Deity/Standard for Netherlands and he won on turn 279. I think that currently for Netherlands OCC is actually a REALLY good strategy even if you can build more cities.
I've won OCC on Deity too (one thing about actually using OCC is that it makes it really easy to build national wonders, if you play without it enabled you have to delay things like Oxford for too long) Remember when I said that playing tradition secondary cities are never culture positive? Its certainly true for the Netherlands, his UA was worth like half of my culture throughout the game. Why would I spend hammers to reduce my culture output? Settlers are a really bad deal, I've delayed them in favor of attacking neighbors for their cities for a long time.

The sort of exception is progress because organization is a strong culture source that scales excellently with city number. Artistry helps too

I've won OCC on Deity too (one thing about actually using OCC is that it makes it really easy to build national wonders, if you play without it enabled you have to delay things like Oxford for too long) Remember when I said that playing tradition secondary cities are never culture positive? Its certainly true for the Netherlands, his UA was worth like half of my culture throughout the game. Why would I spend hammers to reduce my culture output? Settlers are a really bad deal, I've delayed them in favor of attacking neighbors for their cities for a long time.

The sort of exception is progress because organization is a strong culture source that scales excellently with city number. Artistry helps too
Oh, yeah. My friend won his game that was not actually OCC. He just did not build settlers

Gazebo, when are you going to add embarkation on to ocean for conquistador?

Another thing: I have been witness of very stupid behaviour of Ai settler. Unprotected he has tried sneak through barbarian swarms(2 encampemnts very near each other and almost ten barbs out). But he could survive, when he would run forward. He did one step forward one back. Guess how it ends.

Gazebo, when are you going to add embarkation on to ocean for conquistador?

Another thing: I have been witness of very stupid behaviour of Ai settler. Unprotected he has tried sneak through barbarian swarms(2 encampemnts very near each other and almost ten barbs out). But he could survive, when he would run forward. He did one step forward one back. Guess how it ends.

Don't assume I'm going to do something just because you want it. That's unreasonable.

Settler probably blocked by Zone of Control.

G

That's not just because i want. In the first place, they found a new world and they did it, because they have crossed the ocean. No matter if i play them myself or AI instead, they found anything reasonable. I don't say they are weak unit for combat, but their UA is wasted most of my games. AI too much willingly settle their continent. Don't you think it would bring much more fun into them and into spain overall? it does not sounds to me broken, but funny hell and finally the reason play them. they are boring.

Edit: Another question. When market-like buildings got buffed(bank providing huge gold to caravansaries/ch), would not be possible buff somehow satraps court for persia? i think +1gap and gold for every 5 people is anything shiny, merchant slot is fine, but in the matter of obtaining aditional GAP for Persia, those 3 above mentioned buildings are much more important than their own UB. Maybe add satrapps court into Bank buffing list, or increase military cap by 5-10% from that building woul not be bad also.

Last edited:
I know I'm not the first person to point this out. The 2,000 gold event that happens in medieval era is ridiculous. I don't think this one even needs a discussion, its clearly way too much gold

I agree. There is another point here about event `strength'. This event is what I see as a `strong', or strongly differentiating, event that massively affects (benefits) those it triggers for, and that this is seen as bad and too much disruption and RNG. We could balance this by making it a global event, such that when it triggers, it triggers for everyone. I wonder what people feel concerning strong global events vs `weak' personal events. Or if we should have both.

Never see an event with 2k gold, only with 1500 gold. But for me is more interesting another reply on event - buff to tech and a small chance of technology. Why event cant say the real chance(in %) of technology? For example: "buff to tech and a X% chance for free tech" It is more clear to understand when u know the real percent, no a "small chance"

99 bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
patch one down and
now there are
148 bugs in the code.

Basic version (CP+CBO) messes with interface ?

Impossible to choose tech, or prod... Not if I enable (1)+(2) from full VP(no EUI)...

Should I install full VP, and enable (1) and (2), or would it cause some... oddity ???

No, it does not. Do you have all DLCs? Is your Civ5 up to date (. 279)? Any other mods?

Just use the autoinstaller for non-EUI or EUI version and then activate ALL mod components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom