New Version - September 19th (9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was fooling around with new game and noticed that a scout upgraded to an archer by ancient ruins had lost all scout promotions (ignore terrains and gain exp for revealing tiles). Is this an intended change?
Alas, I forgot to screenshot or save the game. If it is not intended, I'll try to reproduce it and report on git. Thanks

While we are on the topic of terrace farms can you change it so they at least get the bonus from churches (+1g) and exploitation (+1f +1p)?

While we are on the topic of terrace farms can you change it so they at least get the bonus from churches (+1g) and exploitation (+1f +1p)?

That's just the thing, they are NOT farms, they are not really supposed to be farms, but they kinda act like farms when they feel like it and don't act like farms when they don't feel like it. It's confusing and annoying.

You mean Cathedrals, and it's +1P +1G

But I agree, Terrace farm after those two is actually at best a sidegrade to a Farm, but often a downgrade. Pretty bad.

That's just the thing, they are NOT farms, they are not really supposed to be farms, but they kinda act like farms when they feel like it and don't act like farms when they don't feel like it. It's confusing and annoying.

If it isn't a farm then what is it?

it gives you food on a hill and makes other farms better. Thats literally it.

The way i have always interpreted it, is that terrace farms are just supposed to be a better farm when there are mountains nearby. Without the mountain its just a farm on a hill with a slightly different adjacency bonus.

If it isn't a farm then what is it?

it gives you food on a hill and makes other farms better. Thats literally it.

The way i have always interpreted it, is that terrace farms are just supposed to be a better farm when there are mountains nearby. Without the mountain its just a farm on a hill with a slightly different adjacency bonus.

It's a unique improvement.

If there is any unique improvement that should just pretty much be counted as an advanced farm, then that's the Polder.

I'm still running into Barbarian Gallaesses at the beginning of the game.

Perhaps we should start a specific thread to discuss all the unique improvements and see how to best deal with these situations?

Should they connect resources, bonus, strategic or luxury?
Should they ignore them?
Should they remove them?
Expand or restrict their possible locations?

I sometimes have to check whether improvements, especially GP ones, connect resources and often choose another tile to plop it down. TBH I haven't had too much experience with Inca or Dutch so not much input there.

Hello,

One solution, relocate sheep.
With the very good mod of WHoward, Units - Herdmen.
I think Gazebo could implement it in Vox Populi.

Triremes are able to leap at least two deep water tiles in order to return to shallows. Is this intentional, or unavoidable? On some maps, it means they can circumnavigate (and start trading with all cics) not too long after Sailing.

Triremes are able to leap at least two deep water tiles in order to return to shallows. Is this intentional, or unavoidable? On some maps, it means they can circumnavigate (and start trading with all cics) not too long after Sailing.

Intentional. As long as it can reach shallows by the end of the turn, it can go wherever it wants.

Hello,

One solution, relocate sheep.
With the very good mod of WHoward, Units - Herdmen.
I think Gazebo could implement it in Vox Populi.

Thank you @qwennog, for a first post you certainly know how to bring some fine goodies to the table. @WHoward is a genius and it's do hard to keep up with all his mini-mods.
I agree, this, and many more of @WHoward's mods, could easily be brought into the fold of VP. Perhaps as a separate mod rather than part of either CP or CBO.

It's a feature used in vanilla? Meaning Gazebo modded it out, then brought it back?

It is not vanilla feature in the sense that the Player was not able to do so in Civ 5
(But was able to do so in most previous civs games)
However, AI pathfinding was "buggy", an AI were sometimes able to do so, even if there were unable to take advantage of it.

The main reason why it was added is to make AI able to deal with early naval wars.

It is not vanilla feature in the sense that the Player was not able to do so in Civ 5
(But was able to do so in most previous civs games)
However, AI pathfinding was "buggy", an AI were sometimes able to do so, even if there were unable to take advantage of it.

The main reason way it was added is to make AI able to deal with early naval wars.

Okay, so going back to my original post, the new version, which I had thought only covered one tile, seems to cover multiple ones. And while this is certainly good for early naval warring, it really changes the game in terms of trading... because the AI is not going to take advantage of it, but the human player can.

Okay, so going back to my original post, the new version, which I had thought only covered one tile, seems to cover multiple ones. And while this is certainly good for early naval warring, it really changes the game in terms of trading... because the AI is not going to take advantage of it, but the human player can.

Devs claim that the AI is competent with this.

I want to ask something else,while I'm testing this with a new fast pace game to check the city states behaviour, I stumbled upon something else which I couldn't understand, how does ai determine surrender and capitulation options,I thought it depends upon war score,but despite my war score being +100 with Montezuma(our victory is assured),AI doesn't offer or accept peace deals from me,much less capitulation, in the end Isabella negotiated peace on behalf of Montezuma.one would think any one would prefer survival instead of complete annihilation.but AI seems to care more about honor than survival.can anyone shed light on this?

I want to ask something else,while I'm testing this with a new fast pace game to check the city states behaviour, I stumbled upon something else which I couldn't understand, how does ai determine surrender and capitulation options,I thought it depends upon war score,but despite my war score being +100 with Montezuma(our victory is assured),AI doesn't offer or accept peace deals from me,much less capitulation, in the end Isabella negotiated peace on behalf of Montezuma.one would think any one would prefer survival instead of complete annihilation.but AI seems to care more about honor than survival.can anyone shed light on this?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=571340

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom