New Version - September 27th (9-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monopolies require 50% only

Gazebo changed it so that the first person to acquire 50% gets the monopoly, limiting the monopoly to who gets it first only.

I'm not sure why it's not working on that case. Perhaps it's some coding bug where CS can gain monopoly on the non-mercantile luxes

Gazebo posted 51%

51% x 8 = 4.08

Question: What resource do you have in game that only appears 8 times in the whole world?

I believe it should say majority which is half plus one.

half of 8 is 4
plus 1
which will be 5

100 - 51
60 - 31
20 - 11
10 - 6

Hey @Gazebo . Info about the multiplayer fix. Played yesterday with one friend. Planet simulator, large, 10civs, 24 city states, no events, enabled human vassalage, enabled tech brokering and science agreements and transparent diplomacy.

We had desync loading screens about every 3-4 turns. So nothing different there since the last 2-3 patches. We did notice that the loading screen was a bit faster than before. I dont know if it was because we had a biased look or was it really faster then before.

Feel free to ask if you need any additional info.

Last edited:
Hey Gazebo. Info about the multiplayer fix. Played yesterday with one friend. Planet simulator, large, 10civs, 24 city states, no events, enabled human vassalage, enabled tech brokering and science agreements and transparent diplomacy.

We had desync loading screens about every 3-4 turns. So nothing different there since the last 2-3 patches. We did notice that the loading screen was a bit faster than before. I dont know if it was because we had a biased look or was it really faster then before.

Feel free to ask if you need any additional info.
Did you try to disable barbarians? I saw a number of posts saying disabling barbarians helps a lot. If you don't mind to do that, try it.

Did you try to disable barbarians? I saw a number of posts saying disabling barbarians helps a lot. If you don't mind to do that, try it.
I saw that also but have never tried it. Feels just strange without barbarians.

In my current game, I didn't found and my cities have been converted. However, I'm not seeing a positive diplo modifier with that Founder (the kind that appears where you convert another civ to your religion). Is that intended?

Also, I still can't figure out how non-founding AIs decide to use their faith/religious units. In one game, Sejong (a non-founder) built Hagia Sophia and used the free Great Prophet to spread that religion to Poland (which as a non-founder was already converted to my religion), specifically its capital. Why on Earth would it do that? Why invest in risky building of Hagia Sophia as a non-founder (that I can somewhat understand), and why then use the GP to spread abroad instead of planting a holy site?

Currently monopolies definently occur at exactly 50% (I have 4 out of 8 amber in my current game), rather than 51+%. It used to be 51+%, and I'm not sure when it was changed, but I personally liked the true majority much more. Resources that give really powerful early boosts, like incense or amber, are already so great to start on, this makes them even better

Currently monopolies definently occur at exactly 50% (I have 4 out of 8 amber in my current game), rather
than 51+%. It used to be 51+%, and I'm not sure when it was changed, but I personally liked the true majority much more. Resources that give really powerful early boosts, like incense or amber, are already so great to start on, this makes them even better

That's an oversight on my end, then, as it should definitely be 26%/51% for strategic/global monopolies.

G

Glad it took only 1 page, 2 screenshots, random spam and another player confirmation to trust my report. In meanwhile, stuff I reported on github has been marked as fixed but is still bugged. /s

That's an oversight on my end, then, as it should definitely be 26%/51% for strategic/global monopolies.

G
Will it be enough to have only 25.1% of resource to get monopoly? For example: 200 iron total, u have 51. Will it be enough to get strategic monopoly?

It's alright I chilled out. In future I'll just ignore the ''are you sure?'' sort of replies (yes I'm sure) and let the fix run its course. I still get the linked GUI bug anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom