New World War 2 in Europe scenario

Zalcron

Prince
This a ww2 in europe scenario for civ 3 1.29 and nows includes further down the thread a PTW version. Please note the PTW version starts in 1933 when the Nazi's first came to power, so you will have to rebuild the Reich's armed forces from almost nothing.

it is 1939 and Germany is ready to invade Poland, i have seriously played with the editor and in an endevour to keep the scenario in the WW2 time period i have deleted old and modern units. As a result the not major powers have mostly reifleman, cavalry and cannons until they research tanks, bombers etc.

The players are

1. Germany (you)
2. Poland
3. Yugoslavia
4 Hungary
5 Soviet Union
6 Denmark
7 Rumania
8 Turkey
9 Sweden
10 Norway
11 France
12 Britain
13 Spain
14 Greece
15 Italy
16 Netherlands

I have introduced Fascism as a new govenment and improved Communism.

As much as possible i have tried to make the military strengths of the nations accurate which is why many of the lesser powers are stuck with cavalry etc.

This map has been build on a ww1 scenario map which i used as a template.

A couple of minor problems

1. Due to the fact i eliminated so many units and impovements to give the game a ww2 feel, for some reason in the city screen tanks and infantry (not rifleman) have the wong icons as do some city improvements (this does not happen for some reason on my PTW version)

2 As soon as the game starts the AI players all decend into anarchy , which annoys me as i taylor made governments for them. (this is a prob in normal games execpt they all eventually go communist)

Any help or suggestions on how to solve this would be appreciated as well as any feed back whatsoever.

Lastly before any of the more historial minded of you begin posting things like 'Finlad wasent part of the U.S.S.R or 'where's Belguim why is it part of the Netherlands' i had to ration the counties so i ditched some. Sorry.

Anyway have fun and PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK NO MATTER HOW BAD (i can take it)

Attachments

• ww2europ.zip
    48.7 KB · Views: 4,451
So many of the cities have wrong city names, did you forget to rename them?

oops! afraid so, i renamed most of the important ones i.e Warsaw etc but dident think anyone would notice too much (guess i was wrong)

You should probably make Finland German if it's going to belong to another nation. After all, the Finns and Russians were bitter enemies all through the war (the Russians invaded Finland in 1939, precipitating the famous Winter War), and the Finns did side with the Germans...

fair comment, but i dident want Germany to have any over sea's possessions. Yes that winter war was a bit of an embaressment to the Soviet Army (200,000 dead) which of course gave Hitler the confidence to invade the U.S.S.R in 41.

people dont miss city names, i happen to be a geography expert, and i found myself quite amused asking wherecities were.

thanks for your input. I chose to scatter lots of workers about so if you go on the rampage and start to bomb, shell and generally minamize a lot of ciites and destroy roads/railways etc, you can build them up and repopulate towns again quickly.

great scenario but I think the USSR is too powerful is there anything you can do cause they always come top on demographics.

thats a good point, as Germany and Britain had the biggst GNP's in 1930-40s Europe not the U.S.S.R. Unfortuntely i am at a loss as to how to reduce the U.S.S.R's economic power other than by making the country a lot smaller. I soppos i could make its cities smaller but that wouldent provide a long turn solution. Suggestions anyone?

I recommend you post some screenshots of the scenario you have made...may encourage more interest ;)

good idea, but it isent through lack of trying that i havent. I took some screen shots but have not been able to upload them. Can anyone offer any guidlines on how to?

Save the pics as jpeg or gif then just upload them the same way you upload your zip file.

I recently got my hands on PTW and thought i would make changes to my earlier ww2 scenario and make it PTW compatible. (so you can benefit the few extra advantages it has over standard civ3, i.e you can name units, build airfields etc)

Note, i thought it might be more fun to start as Germany in 1933 when the Nazi's first come to power so you have to build the nations armed forces from the 100,000 strong army with no airforce and a tiny navy. Otherwise the game is the same, but i have reduced Poland, France and the U.S.S.R's armed forces and mucked about with the tech tree so only France, Britain, Germany and the U.S.S.R can have modern weapons. the Minor powers will take about 999 turns to research anything so unless you give them technolgy they will remain without tanks, planes etc only and only have rifleman cannons and cavalry. And for all those people out there who cry about city names being wrong, sorry i couldent be arsed to change any and besides i havent an accurate enough map of 1930's Europe to do so.

Attachments

• ww2ptw.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 519
Originally posted by Yoda Power
Save the pics as jpeg or gif then just upload them the same way you upload your zip file.

Attachments

• zalcron.jpg
    zalcron.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6,106
my thanks to Yoda Power for showing me how
Please note in my updated version the year starts in 1933 and not 4000bc (this is a picture from the original civ3 scenario i posted.) The PTW scenario looks simular of course but you start off with a pissy little army.

Please gp further down the thread to see the picture, i had probs attaching it to this thread.

cool ....

I downloaded and just took a peek... Looks interesting...One ?...there was no 'pedia entry for fascism to describe the government specs. Any chance you can add in the future?

Sorry about that, i will do so for the next edition, but for now i can tell you the following.

Fascism allows you to have 4 free units for a town, 5 for a city and 10 for a metropolis (communism allows 9 so you get one more under fascism, as i figured a large military industrial complex under a capitalist fascist state is better for the economy than it would be under a planned communist one) War weariness is none existant (after all oppostion to the war was minor in Nazi Germany and one can hardly count the 44 bomb attempt as by then Germany was heavily losing the war)
Production hurrying is money motivated not slave labour, i know this could be seen as a bit controvertial, but in reality only Stalin conscripted a sizable percentage of his own people into Gulags, less than 1% of the German people ever saw the inside of a concentration camp when compared to Stalin's 8-12% And please before everyone startes posting me as a Nazi, im not, in fact quite the opposite. The downside to the Fascist option is curruption. This is quite high to simulate the rapant curruption throughout the over burocratic Nazi state. Also assimilation is non existent so conquered peoples will always resent the Nazi occupation (which of course they really did)

You have lots of cities there. I suggest removing a few so their radius's don't overlap as much. just a suggestion. I count a line of cities all with only one space in between the next one, and two groups of 3 cities that are all 1 space away from each other. Looks very good though.

thats a good point, but as you can appreciate Europe is a crowded place and on the PTW version i increased food output of the various tiles to compensate for the overcrowding. I also felt it was worth keeping a lot of cities as the AI player always and i mean always razes cities to the ground. (i wish there was a way to remove that option it, wasent in civ2,) I have tried to prevent the destroying of entire countries by leaving lots of cities in when possible. But yes , i may tone it down a bit in central Europe for a future version.

Top Bottom