Newbie Questions - ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPP is triggered only outside your territroy. Even moving units into your enemies lands can trigger it, too.

The year is 1987 AD. I have exterminated all but one civ. Germany is dead but still has a 300 point lead on the scoreboard. If I wipe the remaining civ (should take about 20 turns) will I lose or win. I wont have the points but I will have wiped everyone out.

Igmod - yes, you can win. The current points count only determines the winner if you reach 2050 without triggering any of the other victory conditions, such as conquest or spaceship. When you conquer the last civ your score will jump because you receive a bonus for winning. If you dawdle long enough, you will also notice Germany's score start to go down as a zero gets averaged in to its score each turn.

scenarios
Hi,

I would like to apply the rule "lethal bombardment" to my normal civ3 games (either in ptw or in the old one) do I have to use the scenario editor in order to succeed. shall I, in order to do so, start a new game, save it and the edit it with the editor or what ??? This is, I think, not mentioned in any of the reference guides. pls. help me

scenarios
Hi,

I would like to apply the rule "lethal bombardment" to my normal civ3 games (either in ptw or in the old one) do I have to use the scenario editor in order to succeed. shall I, in order to do so, start a new game, save it and the edit it with the editor or what ??? This is, I think, not mentioned in any of the reference guides. pls. help me

Is there a way to subscribe to a particular thread? I can't seem to find the button anywhere so I don't have to browse through every title, wondering whether or not I posted to it!

Thanks,

At the very bottom of the thread page there is a link marked "receive updates to this thread" that will subscribe you. You can monitor your subscriptions using the user cp button at the top of the page.

Also, when you are looking at the list of threads in a forum, there should be a black dot on the envelope icon on the left hand side of the threads that you have posted in.

If I am an industrious civ and I capture a slave worker from a non-industrious civ, does that slave worker get the industrious worker-rate bonus? What if I am not industrious and the slave I capture is from an industrious civ? What if the slave and I are both industrious?

keikobad: you need to create a scenario in the editor, then start it as such.

open the editor, open civ3mod.bic, make the changes you want, save as a different name, then choose that scenario from the civ3 menu.

Originally posted by Sim_One
If I am an industrious civ and I capture a slave worker from a non-industrious civ, does that slave worker get the industrious worker-rate bonus? What if I am not industrious and the slave I capture is from an industrious civ? What if the slave and I are both industrious?

As far as I know:

If you are industrious, the slave is working halve of your workers speed, independend if the slave civ is industrious or not.
If you are not industrious, all slaves whether from an industrious civ or not work halve of your speed.

Ronald

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.

You can still disband the city by building a settler.

Problem is, the city grows too fast (while building the settler) to drop it fast enough down to two. That's why I said, forget it with abandoning the city by worker-settler way.

If you have Win Xp you can use the Print Scrn (Screen) key on the top right of your keyboard. It will be near the F12 (atleast on my keyboard). Win Xp will save it as a JPG. Then go to MS Paint, and paste the screen. Save it, and then upload onto civfanatics.

If you have Win 98 then the Print Scrn will save it as a BMP, which can't be posted onto civfanatics. I use a freeware called Wisdom Soft Screenhunter, and take the pictures with that. You can set target to where the screen will be saved and all with the program.

If you have Adobe Photoshop I believe you can use the Prnt Scrn and paste it into Photoshop and convert it without causing color loss. I'm not sure, but will check it out.

I believe there is some guide to how to do this.

Yeah Adobe Photoshop can do it. I doubt you have it, since its an expensive complicate program so you can find Wisdom Soft Screenhunter. Search for it with google or yahoo.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I use the "Prnt Scrn" button. Alt+Prnt Scrn will copy an image of the active window to your clipboard. Then open e.g. Paint, hit Paste, and you should have a screen shot. If you want the whole desktop, just use Prnt Scrn alone (no 'alt')

On XP (at least) you can even open Paint while Civ is running - just hit the Windows key and the start button will appear, you can then start any program; that way you can take multiple screenshots from one civ session, without restarting civ each time. (You can only have one pic on the clipboard at a time with this method, but each image can be sequentially pasted to a new file in paint)

Hope that helps a bit.

Originally posted by hbdragon88

Problem is, the city grows too fast (while building the settler) to drop it fast enough down to two. That's why I said, forget it with abandoning the city by worker-settler way.

Have you ever heard about entertainers? Well, 0 food-producing citizens and all entertainers will quickly starve your city.......

you have to turn them into entertainers every turn afresh, btw.

Aggie: Look on the military advisor panel and select the civ you want to know about. Their gov type will be shown along with their name when you display their military info.

Can you get a Great Leader from an elite defensive unit surviving, or is it only from attacking that GL's are born?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom