[BTS] News: BOTM 124 Starts February 1

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

Yeah, well... I had to do this, considering the first Trumpster civBTS game was long before anyone had any idea it could really happen, so... let's see if he can talk the walk, or whatever it is that y'all say. Mainly, just have fun, there are a lot of quirks in this one, so hopefully it will be just Great. Again.

You also start the game with a corp exec for Cereal Mills corp. Note, all civs begin with a corp exec and have pre-settled cities- and I made you French, mostly because the Little General is the only available leader who also had hand-size issues.

Barbarians start with Hunting and Archery.

Note: Espionage culture victories will count as normal culture victories for this game. ;)

Game settings:
Playing as: The Donald of America Firsters - (but actually Napolean of France)
Rivals: 12 AI
Difficulty: Monarch
Starting Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
Options: no huts, no events
Victory Conditions:
All enabled

Map settings:
Map: yada yada yada
World Wrap: Cylindrical
Mapsize: Standard

Your traits: Organized and Charasmatic.

Charismatic +1 happiness per city.
-25% XP needed for unit promotions.
+1 happiness from Monument and Broadcast Tower.

Organized Civic upkeep reduced 50 percent.
Double production speed of Lighthouse, Factory, and Courthouse.

and you start with knowledge of Agriculture, and Hunting

Unique unit Musketeer
Gunpowder Units 9 2 80 Gunpowder Rifleman Unique unit for France; Replaces Musketman

Unique building: Salon
150 Astronomy

Unique building for the French; Replaces Observatory
+25%
+1 free artist
Can turn 1 citizen into scientist
Required to build Laboratory

Starting screenshot

This is the start of the game (click for a bigger image):

Adventurer Class bonuses:

N/A

Challenger Class Equalizers:

N/A

To Enter the Competition:

This competition will open at 00:01 am on 1 February 2017, server local time (UTC-6:00). From that date and time, you'll be able to get your chosen starting save here: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/civ4games/index.php?month=70124

Salon
150 Astronomy

+25%
+1 free artist

+25%
+1 free artist

Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 1 March 2017.

Here is a link to a list of the differences between Vanilla, Warlords and BtS.

Here is a link to a list of the differences between Vanilla, Warlords and BtS.

Software Versions

Windows: This game MUST be played in Beyond the Sword (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Warlords), patched to version 3.19, and with the BUFFY mod version 3.19.003 installed. You can download the BUFFY mod here. Players using Windows Vista or Windows 7 are encouraged to read the notes on Vista fixes here.

Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Beyond the Sword (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Warlords), patched to version 3.19, and with the Mac BUFFY mod version 3.19.003 installed. You can download the Mac BUFFY mod here.

While playing...

Remember - for your entry to be accepted, it MUST be your first attempt to play this game, and you MUST NOT replay any turns. If you make a mistake while playing, you have to live with it, learn from it, and carry on the game without replaying.

We will open 'spoiler' threads during the month for players to discuss what happens in their games. Do not discuss any details of your game outside those threads.[/h2]

Last edited:
ugh..must you make us think about this guy

So you can found the corp with the exec without Corps? Only thing is maintenance will be high early on

ugh..must you make us think about this guy

So you can found the corp with the exec without Corps? Only thing is maintenance will be high early on
Heh, you make me think about the Atlanta Falcons every time you post, so consider it part of the deal.:p

oh great...a Swedish Pats fan:cringe:

BTW- you will maybe want to examine the corp exec's traits and decide whether delting her/him right off the bat is in your best interests. But don't listen to me, I am no more than a Putin stooge. :crazyeye:

oh great...a Swedish Pats fan:cringe:
No, actually, I hate the Pats more than I hate the Falcs, so I am on your side. Until next season, les bon ton roulez! (Geaux Saints!)

oh gawd..please help me...now I see why:ar15:

well, it would help know what map this is as to whether Cereal Mills would be good, but it could be real good. the benefits early though, at least without CHs might be minimal compared to the maintenance costs...probably worth testing this. There is 3 visible resources

This game should be played on Sid level, since our Twit-in-Chief thinks he's above Deity. Also, all awards should be granted for losing instead of winning in keeping with our Loser-in-Chief, as in, making some AI achieve Conquest, Domination, Space, etc., fastest.

One more thing, where are the pigs? :) This scenario is almost up jesusin's alley.

Oh, and how long did it take you to find the least ugly picture? That toad is definitively 100X uglier than Rosicarlina.

:lol: Seems we got one Saints lovin' lazy-mapmaking Swede here! I did not play that SGOTM but I remember that well

Heh heh he.. we recycle everything here. especially if is ticks off the Trumpster. However, the mapmaker did do a fair amount of adjustments, so even if you think you know what's coming, that's when I have you right where I want you. It is gonna be great, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

i could not help but :lol:

Surprises!? Maybe a free Great wall? I will for sure skip the great library and head straight for Facism. Probably fall behind in tech but with all my coal plants I'm sure I will be able to keep the production rolling. Run theocracy and punish all civs running environmentalism. Excited for the game. Keep those balls inflated, go Falcons :lol:

Would it be to much to ask if the shore line is unaltered?
Fun game I might consider submit a loss this time if that happens. I will still do my best thou and not loosing on purpose.
What a month a sgotm where you try to save the environment a gotm where you play someone that try to destroy it. What a pity that I designed the sgotm I would rather have played as the good guy.

Kindly censor that obscene image. :vomit:
What's next KCD? Do we play Putin with the goal to annex Gotland or Hitler with the goal to annex Austria? Perhaps Pol Pot and the mapmaker prize going for the player who kills most of his own people?

Also sounds unfair if the map is from a SGOTM, no matter how much altered. A perfect candidate for a skipped Botm. KCD, you are :evil: and :yuck:

Sorry, not gonna touch this one with a 10-foot pole.

At least we know why Drumpf called Rosie ugly -- she looks just like him

without the glasses. In my opinion, if Trump's a 1, Rosie's a 10. Trump even makes toads handsome. He's definitively the ugliest billionaire on the planet. Melanie should dump him while she's still got it.

Last edited:
Oh dear. In theory we don't do politics here, since people of all political opinions and none are welcome to play and enjoy GOTMs. But even I have to admit, privately, the thought has crossed my mind that, given who we are playing as, it'd be very tempting to just engineer a quick conquest defeat and submit that. Probably going out and attacking everyone else ruthlessly and viciously would be more realistic though.

So - assuming I do play this seriously. Settling in place grabs more food than the capital is going to need but lacks production. I'm tempted by 1SE, which can be settled the same turn, brings in a hill, and spares some food for a second city.

What units are those? It looks like we start with a settler, warrior, scout, executive and - is that a Christian missionary?

I'm a bit baffled by the executive. I'm not very familiar with corporations (I usually prefer to run State Property - simpler and less micromanagement), but from what I know of them, I can't see that the executive will be useful for anything? We have no corporate headquarters - and no way to found one until a long way into the game. So if we create an office, we get saddled with what in the early game will be crippling office expense with no corresponding head office income. The only thing I can think of is to settle an office in a nearby AI to cripple that AI's science rate. Actually, thinking about it, that's probably not such a bad idea. You could later on conquer that AI at leisure, although you'd probably need to raze any cities that have offices in them to avoid crippling your own science!

How does the Christian missionary work if Christianity hasn't yet been founded? Can you still adopt the religion and get the benefits, but it just won't have a Holy City?

Top Bottom