NEXT LEVEL MOD: pack with all the CivArmy's civilizations

battles.14 said:
Yes, I know what causes the white flag issue. There are two steps that need to be taken to fix the problem, but one of them involves a program that you guys probably don't have. Here are the two steps.

1) Load up the flag's .dds file in a DDS program and change the alpha channel from all white to all black.

2) Open the XML file called ArtDefinesCivilization. Go to the civ in question and change the bWhiteFlag value from 0 to 1.

If you understand that, great. Do it. If not, then it's better if you wait for the updated version to come out. Don't forget, the game has civilizations that you can use. All those flags work.

I think I will just wait for the next version of the mod :D

You'd want to put them in their own folder in your mods directory, and to play you click advanced, load a mod, and select the mod based on what you named the folder.

How do I get it working?

OK... first download it to your desktop/or create a new folder....
2nd right click the .zip file and Extract all files to the following address...
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods

Fire up your game, goto Advance, Load A Mod, pick the mod and play :)

Thanks! :D

This + a world map scenario would = my dream. Anyone want to make it a reality?

I would, but I don't know how

CivArmy is a Mod-making God!
Thanks for all the awesome civs

I never got an email from battles.14.
I'm starting what I can -- hopefully it can be patched in a day or two.

Kanaric said:
This + a world map scenario would = my dream. Anyone want to make it a reality?

As soon as the reworked version of this mod comes out, I have two maps ready to go with accurate starting postions. Just waiting on these guys to fix the issues :)

marshallstack said:
As soon as the reworked version of this mod comes out, I have two maps ready to go with accurate starting postions. Just waiting on these guys to fix the issues :)

do u mean the flag problem or another error? :confused: Sorry, I didn't read the entire topic :blush:

BTW, thanks enjoying the mod! :thanx:

There's a few problems, the flag errors are the most obvious imporant fixes, but they were the easiest to fix and I've already got that nice and patched btw.

(Note to CivArmy -- I changed the Abyssinian flag to be on its side like the Etheopian flag, is this alright?)

Atm, I'm just polishing all the Civs with their own individual colors, improving the way the flags look (some were squished, others, like the Israel flag, were perfect though (I just touched it up a bit tho)), adding diplomacy dialogue for the leaders, text blocks for units/leaders/civs and such.

BTW CivArmy, I noticed you made a single error in your Extra Player Colors XML file -- you had >> instead of > at one point, and it ruined the whole file, which may have discouraged you from experimenting with individual custom colors for each Civ.

So far, I've been going through most of the mod without much to stop me. What's going to take the longest to do is the diplomacy dialogue, but, other than that, almost everything else I'll have covered in a day or so from now (although I'm confident that I could have a release tomarrow if I work around the clock).

Happy Holidays :)

(Oh, and, CivArmy... Would you mind if I experimented a bit with some of the units stats and skins? I think some could use some changes.)

Jecrell - I sent you an e-mail that had an installer in it for the work I did, but it doesn't seem to have made it through. It seems like you're almost done with it though, so keep up the good work. Sorry things didn't get through.

battles.14 said:
Jecrell - I sent you an e-mail that had an installer in it for the work I did, but it doesn't seem to have made it through. It seems like you're almost done with it though, so keep up the good work. Sorry things didn't get through.

I kept looking at my email everyday -- waiting -- but nothing ever came.
You sure you emailed to jecrell@gmail.com? If it got stuck in my spam filter... that would suck.

Just wanted to know why you use Anglo Saxon leaders for Canada and others , shouldnt you use the aboriginal people as leaders not people like trudeau or macdonald but say the native indians of Canada like the Mohawk leaders Hiawatha , Onasakenrat and Thayendanega and the unique unit set to mohawk not mountie . Should do the same for the USA and Australia . Just an idea .

Top Bottom