NFL 2016 off season

Maybe this was just Elway's long game to get Peyton's last years and then bring back Tebow :p

Tebow doesn't sound so bad all of the sudden, compared to some of the other options like Kaep and RG3...:cry::cry::cry: Oh man, the though of having any of those guys in Broncos uniform makes me have nightmares...

Yeah, I was mostly(98%) joking but the market looks pretty bad. Osweiler looked "good" last year but he also had some problems and ended up getting benched for the shambling corpse of Peyton. Paying him as more than the Texans would when they have a tight cap and a bunch of FAs would be rough especially with how inflated the market is this year with the higher cap + a bunch of teams with tons of space. I mean Mohamed Sanu might get over $7 mil a year, Alex Mack got like $10 mil, the Saints giving Coby Fleener $7 mil a year (apparently we needed a TE to drop a bunch of balls although we couldn't pay Watson what the Ravens did because at his age because, again, inflated market), Malik Jackson getting 6 years/$90 mil(as good as he is that is a LOT of money) etc.

I still think Griffin and Kaepernick have a chance of being "fixed" but I have no idea if Denver is the place it can be done.

EDIT: Had someone tell me Fleener's drop reputation is exaggerated so maybe I'm a dumbo

Liked this comment from John Breech at CBS:

The moral of the story is that if someone wants to give you $72 million for seven career starts, you take the money and don't ask any questions.

Pretty obvious now that Elway's offer pretty much defined what he thought
Osweiler was worth. Which means that while claiming he liked Osweiler, he definitely
did not have unlimited confidence and so declined to kill his cap via a bidding war.

At Football Outsiders, the idea that Denver would sign Fitzpatrick was bandied about quite a bit.
Even with FA defections, Fitzpatrick would be adequate with that defense.

And presuming a Fitzpatrick signing, Elway might then draft a developmental QB (e.g. Brandon Doughty).

I actually like Fitzpatrick... He's a veteran, serviceable QB and the Broncos have proven to be a winning team without a top-tier quarterback...Anyway, I guess this is where we fall from heaven to the dark depths of football mediocrity...It was a nice ride though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to post about that but I felt like it would come off as mean when I didn't want it to be :(

To be fair, I don't think Sanchez is quite as bad as his butt fumble reputation, but I would sure hope he's the backup if I'm a Broncos fan.

I was going to post about that but I felt like it would come off as mean when I didn't want it to be :(

To be fair, I don't think Sanchez is quite as bad as his butt fumble reputation, but I would sure hope he's the backup if I'm a Broncos fan.

I don't know if I should laugh or be depressed right now...I want to trust Elway, but I just don't know what could he possibly be up to anymore...Sanchez has been a serviceable backup in Philly, - butt fumble aside- ...So I guess John is still searching for a starter...Next season is looking really bleak right now...

Really, how much (if any) worse is Sanchez vs. broken down Manning? You can't call him
an upgrade, but I don't think he's a downgrade either.

Really, how much (if any) worse is Sanchez vs. broken down Manning? You can't call him

Physically...sure. But "don't worry guys, we have...Mark Sanchez...so we're never out of it" doesn't really have the same ring to it, does it?

Broken down Manning is a game manager...Sanchez can't read a defense to save his life...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You all are overlooking the possibility that they're only hiring Sanchez as a backup QB, not as the starter. edit: after all, they barely traded anything to get him.

You all are overlooking the possibility that they're only hiring Sanchez as a backup QB, not as the starter. edit: after all, they barely traded anything to get him.

Unless I am missing something he is neither the starter nor the backup, he is the ONLY quarterback. Where do you think they are going to get a starter? I'm doubtful one is just going to fall from outer space for them.

Unless I am missing something he is neither the starter nor the backup, he is the ONLY quarterback. Where do you think they are going to get a starter? I'm doubtful one is just going to fall from outer space for them.

Like I said, they barely traded to get him. They could trade something more to get a better QB, or they could sacrifice several draft picks to another team to get a better one straight out of college.

You all are overlooking the possibility that they're only hiring Sanchez as a backup QB, not as the starter.

uh, we didn't overlook it

Sanchez has been a serviceable backup in Philly, - butt fumble aside- ...So I guess John is still searching for a starter...Next season is looking really bleak right now...

You really need to start reading other people's posts better dude.

Like I said, they barely traded to get him. They could trade something more to get a better QB, or they could sacrifice several draft picks to another team to get a better one straight out of college.

From who? Where is there a starting caliber QB on the trade block? Where is there a starting caliber QB coming straight out of college?

I'm not faulting Elway, because I think he was just screwed to the wall and tagging Miller was the least bad option available...but there's no question that the Broncos are screwed. He built for the short term and got a championship out of it. There are worse results. In fact most teams would consider that a huge improvement on their own results.

The Broncos won a superbowl with a QB who was statistically the worst in the league. That means the replacement only has to be that good, and they could still be potential SB contenders...

None of the QBs coming out of the draft are decent (yet) but they don't have to be. Finding someone who can put up the numbers Peyton Manning did last year shouldn't be an impossible task.

The Broncos won a superbowl with a QB who was statistically the worst in the league. That means the replacement only has to be that good, and they could still be potential SB contenders...

None of the QBs coming out of the draft are decent (yet) but they don't have to be. Finding someone who can put up the numbers Peyton Manning did last year shouldn't be an impossible task.

Finding someone who can put up those numbers...easy. Finding someone who can get them into the right play at the line consistently...priceless. And very unlikely.

:rotfl:

Fresh from the "absolutely MADE for each other" desk...

RG3 signs with Cleveland.

Top Bottom