NFL 2016 off season

If Peyton doesn't retire now, he's an idiot.

I would be shocked if he doesn't, he probably just didn't want to turn the celebration of the Super Bowl where his defense carried him into his retirement party by saying anything there. I agree he would be an idiot not to.

People said that about John Elway when he didn't retire after finally getting his super bowl win...and the next super bowl he was the MVP.

I would be shocked if he doesn't, he probably just didn't want to turn the celebration of the Super Bowl where his defense carried him into his retirement party by saying anything there.

I could see him doing that.

When that female reporter was asking Peyton about how it feels like to go out like this, it would have been hilarious if he turned around and said "Women, I'm not done yet."

Von Miller...Super Bowl MVP...free agent.

Ouch.

If Peyton doesn't retire now, he's an idiot.

This. I can't imagine why he wouldn't retire.

Marshawn Lynch is retiring it seems

As a Seahawks fan I'm perfectly content with this. He has worked his butt off for so long for the Seahawks and now his body is damaged with injuries. He won't get any younger and they were going to have to cut someone anyway (salary cap).

Rawls seem capable of doing 90% of what Lynch can, and now they get to keep pretty much the rest of the team. Only other person they might lose is Kam Chancellor although that isn't important because he's not as effective as he used to be either.

Jimmy Graham, Lockette, Rawls, etc can fill some of these gaps for now.

Von Miller...Super Bowl MVP...free agent.

Ouch.

Asked about that last night, he said that he was confident that his agent and Elway
would work something out. However you want to interpret that, the bottom line
is that he will get PAID one way or another.

Asked about that last night, he said that he was confident that his agent and Elway
would work something out. However you want to interpret that, the bottom line
is that he will get PAID one way or another.

He has a very good chance of getting JJ Watt money. Can the Broncos afford to pay that? For Houston to afford that kind of contract basically requires them to not pay a quarterback.

Somebody found Andy Dalton's luggage.

He has a very good chance of getting JJ Watt money. Can the Broncos afford to pay that? For Houston to afford that kind of contract basically requires them to not pay a quarterback.

It's gonna be hard to keep him, a lot of free agents on the team, and quite a few important ones: Malik Jackson, Brock Osweiler, I think Brandon Marshall as well to name some of them...It's going to take some sacrifice from the front office, but I think they should keep as many defensive players as possible...Manning has to go, whether he decides to keep playing or not, that's $19 million right there...A lot of current contracts would have to be reworked as well...Denver also should think about picking some good OL players in the draft, since that was a bit of a weak spot of the team this last season...

They will more than likely keep Osweiler and Miller. Probably Jackson as well.
Trevathan is likely to hit the open market and get overpaid by Jacksonville or something, imo.
But without Manning they should be ok for many of the key free agents

They're going to have plenty of cap space without Peyton so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Like viva said it's hard to keep all your FAs because some team will always overpay for someone but I think they'll keep both and iirc it's already been reported that they'll franchise tag Von Miller. I think the most interesting thing will be how much money Oswiller gets. I have no idea how much money and how many years that contract will have or if Kirk Cousins' contract will affect it or vice versa.

Given Osweiler's lack of starts, it's hard to see the Cousins contract having too big of an
impact on his. And because of said lack of starts it's hard to have any feel on the contract he
will get.

Given Osweiler's lack of starts, it's hard to see the Cousins contract having too big of an
impact on his. And because of said lack of starts it's hard to have any feel on the contract he
will get.

If I were his agent i would be telling him "short term with Denver." Elevate to starter on a stacked team, develop a winning record as a starter, get grotesquely overpaid.

Rumor out of DC is that talks have completely broken down with Kirk Cousins, leaving the situation at franchise tag or let him walk. Some people are suggesting that the franchise tag is the team's best option anyway, since they get a second year to make sure they aren't overpaying for a "fluke" performance.

Does anyone else see the obvious clash of having "Washington management" and "good idea" in such close proximity?

I think they are going to irritate and distract a good young quarterback, and when he underperforms the franchise tag next year and then tells them to pound sand he will be a fine free agent acquisition for some other team.

Does anyone else see the obvious clash of having "Washington management" and "good idea" in such close proximity?

Well, those two terms certainly haven't gone together too often since
Voldemort bought the team.

But it seems like he's letting his GM do his job for the time being
(we'll see how long that lasts).

I do think it is a good idea to tag Cousins just to make him prove
last year wasn't a fluke (See Foles, Nick).

I'll see your Nick Foles, and raise you a Joe Flacco. If they tag him and he does have a great season he is going to get a MUCH bigger contract than he would take right now. The kind of contract that destroys a team. I think big money (not too big) with plenty of ways to escape is the play here.

It is rather a case of choosing your poison...

Top Bottom