NiGHTS: Bug Reports

First i must say i enjoyed CivV, but after 7games of NiGHTS, have learned it is a far more 'interesting and thoughtful' game (took me that long to learn it). I love it Markus, thanks.
I am not a super aggressive player and enjoy the long game. I have discovered, and I dont know if this is a vanilla error (though never sawit b4) or if its been noted b4.
When i move aircraft or nuc missiles the number above the city/nuc sub/carrier stays with the orriginal city. I also find that opposition cities can move their air fleet and I cant keep track of where they go. Mostly this happens with nuc missiles. I play Persia, and the usual culpret is america. Also have found enemy carriers that are just ghosts (no info with destroyer or nuc sub next hex) and nuc subs completely invisible (only found when i tried to move to same hex with my nuc sub (has happened 2x)).
Lastly, and i am not sure this is a bug, but at this stage of play i am in constant GA, with 17 turn GA on picking monarchy, I have had over 100 turns at GA.

Thanks for all your work and congrads on a vastly superior game. Have they offered you a job yet?
Regards
Mark:goodjob:

also noted cant build vertical farm, not sure why... Sorry if i missed something.

M

The policy 'MARTIAIL LAW' only reduces the unhappiness caused by the population of Occupied Cities,not the number of Occupied Cities.
It that a bug? Because the number of Occupied Cities cause much more unhappiness.

Not a bug - just poorly worded. Policies that are for the most part identical to vanilla policies have maintained their generic descriptions - so I'll have to tweak this one maybe for clarity.

I can build a windmill in cities without a hill (plains, river) in 11.7.

(Might have been mentioned already but can't find the post).

That's normal - as you only can't build them in Cities that are built directly on hills. The tool-tip should say something along these lines.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, when mousing over Deer or Furs before researching trapping their is no red text.
And while I have your attention, Thank you great work! If I could read the civ 5 crash dumps I would have a perfect game, with the mod it seems to ctd. I have a heavy rig and play huge maps but it seems even with a top model Civ 5 is still more powerful lol.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, when mousing over Deer or Furs before researching trapping their is no red text.
And while I have your attention, Thank you great work! If I could read the civ 5 crash dumps I would have a perfect game, with the mod it seems to ctd. I have a heavy rig and play huge maps but it seems even with a top model Civ 5 is still more powerful lol.

Hmm - there is no actual Trapping tech in Nights - and I'm not getting that bug when hovering over Deer or Furs. Try deleting your cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, as that usually fixes bugs like this and will stop crashes as well. Also make sure you're updated for the latest .511 December patch.

First i must say i enjoyed CivV, but after 7games of NiGHTS, have learned it is a far more 'interesting and thoughtful' game (took me that long to learn it). I love it Markus, thanks.
I am not a super aggressive player and enjoy the long game. I have discovered, and I dont know if this is a vanilla error (though never sawit b4) or if its been noted b4.
When i move aircraft or nuc missiles the number above the city/nuc sub/carrier stays with the orriginal city. I also find that opposition cities can move their air fleet and I cant keep track of where they go. Mostly this happens with nuc missiles. I play Persia, and the usual culpret is america. Also have found enemy carriers that are just ghosts (no info with destroyer or nuc sub next hex) and nuc subs completely invisible (only found when i tried to move to same hex with my nuc sub (has happened 2x)).
Lastly, and i am not sure this is a bug, but at this stage of play i am in constant GA, with 17 turn GA on picking monarchy, I have had over 100 turns at GA.

Thanks for all your work and congrads on a vastly superior game. Have they offered you a job yet?
Regards
Mark:goodjob:

also noted cant build vertical farm, not sure why... Sorry if i missed something.

M

Thanks paladin_67. :) Some of the bugs you've listed sound like they could be fixed by clearing your cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, (although the missile bugs have cropped up in vanilla CIV V as well).

As for the GA's, these, (along with gold reserves in general), shouldn't be as prevalent in v11.8. Nothing appears to be wrong with the xml for the vertical farm, so this might be another bug that's fixed through the cache/ModUserData solution.

No job offer yet. :)

Hmm - there is no actual Trapping tech in Nights - and I'm not getting that bug when hovering over Deer or Furs. Try deleting your cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, as that usually fixes bugs like this and will stop crashes as well. Also make sure you're updated for the latest .511 December patch.

Yes I quoted a tech from Vanilla I believe sorry for that, it is the improvements for furs or ivory, were I to mouse over gold before mining in red it will say "need mining for x".
Its a minor inconvenience at best, thank you for the response but more importantly thank you for the update. I did as suggested but it may be a conflict with another mod I use YNAEM for the giant earth, the crashes seem to be related to when a unit is revealed so is probably memory related although I have 16gig of ram, a 1 gig video card etc. I auto save each turn now to save me headaches.
Cheers!

This is perhaps not a bug, but it certainly results in confusion.

Suppose you are in the midst of a Cultural Revolution and working on a wonder which can only be built during the revolution. If the interface says you have N more turns of Cultural Revolution and the wonder says it will require N more turns to build, you will NOT be able to finish the wonder because of the timing between the revolution ending and the wonder being built.

I reloaded and this occurred twice. Ultimately I worked around it by chopping enough forests to reduce the build time by one turn, but it should be addressed because its confusing.

This is perhaps not a bug, but it certainly results in confusion.

Suppose you are in the midst of a Cultural Revolution and working on a wonder which can only be built during the revolution. If the interface says you have N more turns of Cultural Revolution and the wonder says it will require N more turns to build, you will NOT be able to finish the wonder because of the timing between the revolution ending and the wonder being built.

I reloaded and this occurred twice. Ultimately I worked around it by chopping enough forests to reduce the build time by one turn, but it should be addressed because its confusing.

Yep - there's nothing I can do about that one right now, unfortunately. The good thing, though - is that whatever production you've put towards the wonder carries over for the next time you adopt the same Government if no one else has built the wonder during their revolution(s).

mod crashes my game after 95 or close to turns every time 511 patch

mod crashes my game after 95 or close to turns every time 511 patch

Have you deleted your CIV V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder? That solves most problems - also make sure you don't have any other mods active, and that you have only 1 version of Nights installed (as having concurrent versions installed will cause bugs to appear).

Have you deleted your CIV V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder? That solves most problems - also make sure you don't have any other mods active, and that you have only 1 version of Nights installed (as having concurrent versions installed will cause bugs to appear).

only mods i have active with it are

Buildings - Goldsmith (v 1)
New Resource Buildings (v 1)
Randomize City Names (v 1)

they should cause problems and it always waits till around 100 turns to crash?

only mods i have active with it are

Buildings - Goldsmith (v 1)
New Resource Buildings (v 1)
Randomize City Names (v 1)

they should cause problems and it always waits till around 100 turns to crash?

The first two are probably what's causing the crashes. All the techs are custom in Nights, so the first 2 mods won't even be in the game as the vanilla techs they unlock with are disabled. Try without them, but make sure to delete your cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, as info from other mods gets stored in these and causes conflicts.

Needless to say, saved games with them included will probably still crash once they're disabled.

I'm having games where the granary seems to not be offered in any city after turn one. How can that be? Do some civ's not get it?

Nevermind. Just figured out that the Entrepot replaces it for the Egyptians, whom I play a lot. Duh. :blush::hammer2:

they were

but man it's really hard to make gold in this the building maintenance are insane :eek:

It can be difficult - but there's lots of ways to tackle the economy. For starters, you'll want to adopt the commerce branch as soon as your economy starts to struggle, as it gives a gold bonus to all ancient era buildings, and that can really add up.

Also, Trading Posts and Customs Houses give an extra gold each if you build them right next to a city. Connecting cities for trade routes also helps a lot, especially if you get a revolution and adopt Oligarchy - as that doubles trade route income.

Other than that, early on it can really help to build Storehouses, but don't build too many, as the Currency tech disables them, (but at the same time unlocks the stronger Market buildings).

industry area and up the text is all black like when it says player has reached industry and onwards the text is all black. it's also all black in the map setup screen.

after building a manufactory on a mine the tip keeps appearing to say to build a normal mine on it

also if you leave the tech tree on for a long time the game freezes. i was about 10 turns away from building spaceship and left the screen on after examining if there was anything else i needed for spaceship to go to toilet came back and the game froze.

i don't think the supermarket, hydro plant, and stadium are properly assigning their bonuses.

i don't think the supermarket, hydro plant, and stadium are properly assigning their bonuses.
The Hydro plant xml has Building_RiverPlotYieldChanges=0 so it doesn't give the river bonus. The supermarket xml doesn't list all bonus resources(only food and stone) but does work for those listed. The stadium does work as listed in my game.

if you choose to start in Renaissance era time period the resource icons never show neiter does iron except around your starting city also the map is revealed. dunno if this happens when starting on earlier periods.

Top Bottom