NiGHTS: Bug Reports

industry area and up the text is all black like when it says player has reached industry and onwards the text is all black. it's also all black in the map setup screen.

after building a manufactory on a mine the tip keeps appearing to say to build a normal mine on it

also if you leave the tech tree on for a long time the game freezes. i was about 10 turns away from building spaceship and left the screen on after examining if there was anything else i needed for spaceship to go to toilet came back and the game froze.

All of the new era pop-up icons are in black. This is due to some UI juggling I had to do to get the social policy screen running the way it currently is, (as certain text tags are re-used in multiple instances by Firaxis). :crazyeye:

Never had the tech tree freeze on me though, I'll see if I can reproduce this.

i don't think the supermarket, hydro plant, and stadium are properly assigning their bonuses.

I know that the Stadium is working properly - the building bonus is active in your city screen when constructing buildings, but you'll see your total production drops as soon as you start to build units. The Supermarket food bonuses are working, but the culture bonuses seem to be hit or miss sometimes - I'm not sure what's causing it to work in some cases while not in others, but I've had this happen with generic Temples in vanilla CIV V as well, so possibly some sort of core bug there.

Good find on the Hydro Plant - I boosted it's overall production bonus and removed the river bonus in the last update but forgot to alter the tool-tip for this. Will be fixed in v11.9.

The Hydro plant xml has Building_RiverPlotYieldChanges=0 so it doesn't give the river bonus. The supermarket xml doesn't list all bonus resources(only food and stone) but does work for those listed. The stadium does work as listed in my game.

Yep - missed updating the tool-tip there. The bonus resources are listed in the xml for the Supermarket - are you playing on v11.8? It's possible I missed adding them in earlier versions.

if you choose to start in Renaissance era time period the resource icons never show neiter does iron except around your starting city also the map is revealed. dunno if this happens when starting on earlier periods.

Advanced Starts aren't supported right now - so there'll be loads of bugs if you start games in any era other than the Ancient Era. You're not getting resource icons because the game files that deal with advanced starts are parsing the vanilla techs that unlock them, and these are disabled in Nights, as the entire tech tree is custom.

This is something that'll eventually be worked on, but not for awhile yet. When G+K comes out, I'll have to do a lot of tech tree tweaking, and anything I fix now will just end up needing to be fixed again.

If you're wondering why I disable the vanilla techs (then replicate them and add my own), it's because whenever Firaxis releases patches (or expansions), they break the tech tree. Having custom techs provides a safeguard here, although the trade-off is that any buildings/techs/units you download off the ModBrowser won't work with Nights unless you mod them accordingly.

I'm getting some problems where the tech tree and policy screen. The policy screen appears to be too big with the close button going off the bottom of the screen and the words at the top almost totally missing. I'm not sure whats going on with the tech tree the scroller is missing on the bottom and the era names are cut off the top, and I can see through to the map at the bottom.

Screenshot of my tech tree
Spoiler :

Screenshot of my policy screen
Spoiler :

I've tried deleting my moduserdata and cache again once. The only other mod I have is the perfectworld map script. I am playing the most recent version of the mod. I'll also add that I'm playing on a laptop at 1366x768 resolution.

I'm getting some problems where the tech tree and policy screen. The policy screen appears to be too big with the close button going off the bottom of the screen and the words at the top almost totally missing. I'm not sure whats going on with the tech tree the scroller is missing on the bottom and the era names are cut off the top, and I can see through to the map at the bottom.

Screenshot of my tech tree
Spoiler :

Screenshot of my policy screen
Spoiler :

I've tried deleting my moduserdata and cache again once. The only other mod I have is the perfectworld map script. I am playing the most recent version of the mod. I'll also add that I'm playing on a laptop at 1366x768 resolution.

This is not really a bug. It's just a visual issue that the modder has not fixed yet but plans to do so (hopefully) in the near future.

I have this issue as well and that's because we are playing the game at a resolution different from the one the modder was using when he first created his mod.

So, patience and it is expected to be resolved in the future. :)

Hey, Markus

Just finished another game which I deliberately kept going with further into the future as much as possible and noticed one particular annoyance.

The aircraft number icon that appears on top of cities or next to aircraft carriers seem to get 'stuck' on the map. It happens when I move an aircraft from a city to an aircraft carrier/another city or when I use them to attack targets from aircraft carriers/cities. The icon remains in its place even after I move the aircraft from the city or move the carrier.

Also, it says on Future Tech that it is to be expanded in the future. U got any plans in the works for that?

Not sure if this a Civ V or Nights issue but is there any reason why my achievements weren't updated when I finished the game? I won the game with the Arabs but the achievement on Steam is still unlocked!? Is that because I was playing a mod?

Thanks again for a great mod.

Sima

Hey, Markus

Just finished another game which I deliberately kept going with further into the future as much as possible and noticed one particular annoyance.

The aircraft number icon that appears on top of cities or next to aircraft carriers seem to get 'stuck' on the map. It happens when I move an aircraft from a city to an aircraft carrier/another city or when I use them to attack targets from aircraft carriers/cities. The icon remains in its place even after I move the aircraft from the city or move the carrier.

Also, it says on Future Tech that it is to be expanded in the future. U got any plans in the works for that?

Not sure if this a Civ V or Nights issue but is there any reason why my achievements weren't updated when I finished the game? I won the game with the Arabs but the achievement on Steam is still unlocked!? Is that because I was playing a mod?

Thanks again for a great mod.

Sima

I've noticed the aircraft icon get stuck on vanilla as well, so I'm not sure it that has anything to do with the mod at this point. As for achievements, they don't unlock with mods in general, unfortunately. :crazyeye:

As for future tech content, I'm waiting for the expansion to come out before I tackle that, as I'll have to do quite a bit of balancing what with all of the new potential modifiers that are being introduced. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

This is not really a bug. It's just a visual issue that the modder has not fixed yet but plans to do so (hopefully) in the near future.

I have this issue as well and that's because we are playing the game at a resolution different from the one the modder was using when he first created his mod.

So, patience and it is expected to be resolved in the future. :)

Yep. Although there is a manual fix for the tech tree resolution posted here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460531

Are the black circles near the unit icons in Kahn's cities a bug, or do they indicate something?
Spoiler :

That's a bug - Ive seen it happen on vanilla as well. No special indication or anything like that. :crazyeye:

i just started playing nights for the first time so i wasnt sure if this was a bug or not but every tech was doubled so i would have to research it twice and sometimes after i reaserched it once the second one would dissapear so i couldnt use the techs improvments or buildings

Playing ver 118 and the culture selections do not all fit on the screen and there is no way to scroll to the ones that are off the screen.

I am having a problem with diplo/trade screens with other civs. Most of the time the UI does not load and I can't see any messages or buttons. I tried to validate files with steam, but now the diplo UI never loads! I also tried clearing out the MODS/mods user data/cache folders in mydocs and downloading nights again, but nothing is fixing this. I really don't want to redownload the entire game. Anyone have suggestions?

Edit: Never mind. After I shut down my computer and tried another steam validate, steam found 15Mb and fixed it somehow.

hello there..

I try your mod, and saw a couple of quick problems.
Explorer icon don't show up (when you use the tactical view, forget to check the other)
couldn't select any catapult once builded. only when they need movement.
A lot of text are missing (I can show you some pics, but my language is spanish).
Couldn't build babel tower (and I was on feudalism, maybe there is some pre that I missed)?

thanks!

Do you have a translation team?

i just started playing nights for the first time so i wasnt sure if this was a bug or not but every tech was doubled so i would have to research it twice and sometimes after i reaserched it once the second one would dissapear so i couldnt use the techs improvments or buildings

This bug happens if you have multiple versions of the mod installed. Make sure to delete old versions and it goes away. :)

Playing ver 118 and the culture selections do not all fit on the screen and there is no way to scroll to the ones that are off the screen.

Unfortunately, unless you can increase the resolution on your monitor, there's no work-around for the culture screen being able to fit on smaller resolution monitors at the moment.

hello there..

I try your mod, and saw a couple of quick problems.
Explorer icon don't show up (when you use the tactical view, forget to check the other)
couldn't select any catapult once builded. only when they need movement.
A lot of text are missing (I can show you some pics, but my language is spanish).
Couldn't build babel tower (and I was on feudalism, maybe there is some pre that I missed)?

thanks!

Do you have a translation team?

There's a few icons that aren't currently showing up in tactical view - I'm not sure why exactly, but looking into it. Haven't come across the catapult bug - have you cleared your cache and moduserdata foldres recently? As this solves lots of minor bugs. Went over the code and nothing's wrong with the ToB - there are no other prereqs beyond having Feudalism though. Did someone else maybe beat you to it?

As for translations - there was a partial German translation months back, but the mod was being updated too often to keep it going. G+K will also force me to go over and tweak/change a lot of text, so until then at least any translation probably wouldn't be warranted.

playing with 12.0 and after I load a savegame I get this funny looking menu in the top (look at the picture). Cannot change that. Any ideas?

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 88
playing with 12.0 and after I load a savegame I get this funny looking menu in the top (look at the picture). Cannot change that. Any ideas?

Unfortunately with the latest patch, with mods you now have to escape to the main menu before going back and reloading a save, you can't reload from within game, or else you'll get the bug you posted.

When i open my social polities...

How can i make it smaller?
I already tried on the menu ''interface''
use small scale interface.
ANYONE HELP MEEE!

When i open my social polities...

How can i make it smaller?
I already tried on the menu ''interface''
use small scale interface.
ANYONE HELP MEEE!

The only fix is to increase the resolution of your monitor through the in-game video settings. If you play on a smaller or older laptop, this might just not end up not being possible.

I downloaded from the Steam workshop and when I annex a city (which is not in resistance) I can access the build and buy screens but I cannot change or add anything to the build screen and cannot buy. Also cannot change any of the worker preferences.

I have been playing nights for about 6 months now and loving every minute of it. Last night I downloaded the G+K expansion and was (selfishly) dismayed to find that there has yet to be a release of nights that works with the expansion. I understand that this is a huge update and you're probably working non-stop on getting this out, and for that I thank you for all your efforts.

However, every time I try to load v12.0 the game crashes the instant I click on "Start Game". I've turned off the G+K through the DLC menu since v120 doesn't work with it.

Strangely, however, if I leave G+K enabled in the DLC I can start a game just fine without crashing (even though the mod itself won't work).

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix to it? Markus any thoughts?

I'm also having the same issue as connorsmith236 on at least two computers (one at work, one at home). Here's what I can tell you:

If I leave G+K enabled the mod will load and launch, but it uses G+K civ info and build queue is empty. This is as expected since the mod isn't compatible with G+K.

If I disable G+K through the DLC menu, the mod will load but Civ 5 stops responding before getting to the leader info screen that comes before the map loads at turn 0.

I had all mods disabled except for this one when the errors occur, and I did not use the in-game workshop overlay to load the mod as per recommendations. I then opted not to load this mod but load all other mods, and the game loads fine and the mods work.

I cannot say when this error would have occurred. I bought G+K, loaded it on the release date, and played vanilla with G+K for the first few days to get a feel for it. I realized how much more I liked this mod over the expansion and now am disappointed that G+K has killed it. I might have to create a second steam account and buy the vanilla game again... that is how much I prefer the modded version to this version.

I'm also having the same issue as connorsmith236 on at least two computers (one at work, one at home). Here's what I can tell you:

If I leave G+K enabled the mod will load and launch, but it uses G+K civ info and build queue is empty. This is as expected since the mod isn't compatible with G+K.

If I disable G+K through the DLC menu, the mod will load but Civ 5 stops responding before getting to the leader info screen that comes before the map loads at turn 0.

I had all mods disabled except for this one when the errors occur, and I did not use the in-game workshop overlay to load the mod as per recommendations. I then opted not to load this mod but load all other mods, and the game loads fine and the mods work.

I cannot say when this error would have occurred. I bought G+K, loaded it on the release date, and played vanilla with G+K for the first few days to get a feel for it. I realized how much more I liked this mod over the expansion and now am disappointed that G+K has killed it. I might have to create a second steam account and buy the vanilla game again... that is how much I prefer the modded version to this version.

Hmm - I'm not sure what the solution to this could be at this point. Have you cleared your cache and moduserdata folders and verified the integrity of your cache through Steam? Also, have you tried playing in offline mode? I'm pretty busy with school right now through the end of July, which is probably the earliest I could get a compatible version for G+K's released and really address why this could be happening. Is it possible to just uninstall G+K's?

Hmm - I'm not sure what the solution to this could be at this point. Have you cleared your cache and moduserdata folders and verified the integrity of your cache through Steam? Also, have you tried playing in offline mode? I'm pretty busy with school right now through the end of July, which is probably the earliest I could get a compatible version for G+K's released and really address why this could be happening. Is it possible to just uninstall G+K's?

I completely understand being swamped with school, so no worries about getting a G+K version up any time soon. But, I thought I would update people on my progress with this bug in case Verbosity and I are not the only ones with this problem.

1. Cleared cache and ModUserData folders - Still Crashes.
2. Loaded up the game in offline mode - Still Crashes.
3. Verified the integrity of my cache (4 files missing/corrupt) - Still Crashes.

(How to verify cache integrity)

4. Haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to uninstall G+K. If I do, it won't be until a little bit later today.

Verbosity if you manage to get it to work, let me know how!

Top Bottom