NiGHTS: General Discussion

apart from the recent problems:

Markus, did you ever see the mod: "Cultural Diffusion"?
Sounds like a very interesting concept, that yould add a lot of depth to Nights! as well:

Culture spread from cities, each tile can host culture from multiple civilizations. You can still buy tiles, but they can flip to another Civilization if it has more culture than you on it, and units can capture tiles (both optional). Culture diffusion is slowed by crossing rivers, desert, snow, swamp or mountain and accelerated following rivers, roads or rails.

thanks Dishonor! got GOTY + G&K yesterday and I really want to give NIGHTS a try as well :)

I've got a question, can you play NIGHTS on the perfect world 3 mapscript?

please don't tell me they're mutually exclusive... I've been playing nothing but perfectworld in civ4 for years :D

Markus, do you have any plans to add more uses for great people? Right now I use great artists for culture bombs, engineers and scientists for golden ages, and great generals I just plop somewhere on my border and treat it as a 'military base'. When they could found settlements on the map, especially in otherwise inhospitable places, they were far more useful to my play style. You could create Vegas or a booming city in the ice.

Perhaps techs should be required first, or in some other way limit the ability, but I'd like to see a return of something like this.

On my phone so won't get to previous comments until later tonight or tomorrow, but has anyone experienced any bugs due to yet another Firaxis patch? seriously... :crazyeye:

It's beginning to annoy me but against some agressive civs when I sign peace they can still attack CS that I am allied with and I can only give units. I haven't tried out the mechanism to protect but does that protect them from being attacked? It seems to me that if the CS are allied to me they should be immune from AI attack for the duration of the peace treaty or is this a hard coded thing?

I didn't download the new patch as the way that I am playing now is rather delicate.:)

I really like the placement synergy you've done and would like to see this expanded. Put a trade post next to your luxury or basic resources to get more of it to market. A collection of the advanced production, academy, and advanced commerce building to create a high-tech silicon valley like area.

Were Nukes always this exciting? I don't remember them being this fun to drop. I have my production centers focused on nothing but the stockpiling of a massive arsenal, and my coastal cities building subs to carry them on . Buddha is walking around with a Trident, smiling.

On my phone so won't get to previous comments until later tonight or tomorrow, but has anyone experienced any bugs due to yet another Firaxis patch? seriously... :crazyeye:

Nothing new (yet!), but I did define this one a little better:
I was unable to add anything to any city's build queue. Saving and reloading from the main menu fixed it.

This happens when you accept AI cities as part of a peace bribe, or when you raze a captured city. It doesn't happen when you puppet a captured city, so it's probably related to the change in player control. I don't know if it's mod-specific or general to CiV, since I only ever play NiGHTS.

Nothing new (yet!), but I did define this one a little better:

This happens when you accept AI cities as part of a peace bribe, or when you raze a captured city. It doesn't happen when you puppet a captured city, so it's probably related to the change in player control. I don't know if it's mod-specific or general to CiV, since I only ever play NiGHTS.

I think what you mean is it happens when you *annex* a captured city. I noticed this too, I made the city a puppet for a while, and then annexed it later, and I was unable to either control production nor manually assign worked tiles even though it was MY city now.

not sure what bugs have been addressed yet.

Firstly, I'm assuming based on the post before me that this hasn't been modded yet for G+K, correct?

Anyway. Thought this probably has to with the above, All of the techs are in a file name format. For example, TXT_KEY_TECH_FISHING_DESC and TXT_KEY_TECH_PLYTHEISM_DESC.

In addition, when int he tech tree, I can't click on any of the techs.

Does the NiGHTS mod work well with other mods? I have a mod that slows down science research but speeds up production of units and buildings. I like the pace of having the same type of units and building available for longer periods before the next tech upgrade comes along. Would this cause any big issues with NiGHTS?

Great mod!

A question. Is this mod meant to be compatible with scenarios using just a map and start locations? I'm playing a game with Sven's Europe currently. It's playable, but there are some issues.

Cultural revolutions aren't working, militaristic citystates aren't giving units, the game crashes sometimes and every now and then I can't select a new building task in a city.

Great mod!

A question. Is this mod meant to be compatible with scenarios using just a map and start locations? I'm playing a game with Sven's Europe currently. It's playable, but there are some issues.

Cultural revolutions aren't working, militaristic citystates aren't giving units, the game crashes sometimes and every now and then I can't select a new building task in a city.

Start locations will probably cause bugs, basic maps should be fine.

sorry to bother you markus, but any news on a G&K update :)

Semester ends August 15th - I hope to get an update released sometime between then and August 30th. :)

Does the NiGHTS mod work well with other mods? I have a mod that slows down science research but speeds up production of units and buildings. I like the pace of having the same type of units and building available for longer periods before the next tech upgrade comes along. Would this cause any big issues with NiGHTS?

It would - in that it probably wouldn't work at all. All of the buildings/units/techs are custom in Nights, so that whenever Firaxis releases a patch, they don't muck things up and force me to make dozens of minuscule changes.

not sure what bugs have been addressed yet.

Firstly, I'm assuming based on the post before me that this hasn't been modded yet for G+K, correct?

Anyway. Thought this probably has to with the above, All of the techs are in a file name format. For example, TXT_KEY_TECH_FISHING_DESC and TXT_KEY_TECH_PLYTHEISM_DESC.

In addition, when int he tech tree, I can't click on any of the techs.

Not updated yet, no. If you have G+K's installed, you'll need to move it out of your CIV V DLC folder in order to get Nights to work without bugs and/or crashing.

I think what you mean is it happens when you *annex* a captured city. I noticed this too, I made the city a puppet for a while, and then annexed it later, and I was unable to either control production nor manually assign worked tiles even though it was MY city now.

Will hopefully get this fixed in the next update.

I really like the placement synergy you've done and would like to see this expanded. Put a trade post next to your luxury or basic resources to get more of it to market. A collection of the advanced production, academy, and advanced commerce building to create a high-tech silicon valley like area.

Were Nukes always this exciting? I don't remember them being this fun to drop. I have my production centers focused on nothing but the stockpiling of a massive arsenal, and my coastal cities building subs to carry them on . Buddha is walking around with a Trident, smiling.

I plan on adding a few additional synergies for the G+K's update as there are a few more options available to mod now in this regard. I rarely get to Nukes so I couldn't say. :)

Alright - sorry for the lack of posts lately everyone - have had a pretty hectic semester so far, but the good news is I have a break between Aug 15th and Aug 30th, so I hope to get an update for G+K's (and the latest patches) released sometime during this time-frame.

Top Bottom