Nitpicky Things You'd Like Fixed

1. When you pick the Honor opener you should also be informed when barb camps gets destroyed by others! Even when someone else complete the "destroy camp" mission for a city-state and you are being explicitly informed about the camp being destroyed it's still there untill you "un-fog" it.

Edit: 1. I personally consider this a gameplay oversight, from the developers!

2. The bombard animation for cities should be changed. Missile attack in the industrial age?!
Make ancient and classic age have the arrow bombard, medieval and renaissance have their current "catapult throwed stone/cannon ball thing". I imagine something like a machinegun salvo plus a grenade impact for industrial to modern. Atomic and onwards should have their current missile bombard.

This is very nitpicky. Whenever I start a new game, or load a saved game, I have to expand the "citizen management" tab in the city screen. Surely this should be expanded by default.

This is very nitpicky. Whenever I start a new game, or load a saved game, I have to expand the "citizen managenent" tab in the city screen. Surely this should be expanded by default.

This.

Also the same applies with the current research bar. It's annoying to have to keep opening that up.

Also, could they please give an option to turn off camera-panning to combat of team members or allies (this is especially annoying in multiplayer co-op, when it happens in the middle of your turn and you have to constantly warn your team member that you're about to attack)? I would enable quick combat, but I like the combat animations - I just don't want to be forced to watch my team member's as well!

If i select a unit that already has a 'go to' order, I should be able to see where it's going and what route it is taking. In Civ 4, this was the case

If i select a unit that already has a 'go to' order, I should be able to see where it's going and what route it is taking. In Civ 4, this was the case

Now that we have trade routes, is there anything stopping them for using the graphics to display their destination? I'm sure a mod will pop up with this ability.

Change the name of Trading Posts to Towns, keeping the same effect. It's just so annoying in the late eras to have "Trading Posts" everywhere when I would expect a prosperous modern area to look like an urban sprawl of towns around cities.

I'd like to be able to turn away a diplomatic request like I was able to do in Civ II. There are times when I just DON'T want to talk to Ramesses about this, that, or the other. Likewise, I'd like to be able to turn off the extremely annoying messages from the AI's about how happy they are that I'm friends with X or how our combined denouncements might teach them a lesson.

Also, I'd like to be able to build defenses, watch towers, and radar towers on plots of land and NOT have the existing tile improvement removed.

Great Wonders - If I haven't met an civilization yet, I don't want to know that they built X wonder. Also, Let there be multiples of great wonders but with diminshed returns. When the Great Pyramids of Egypt were built, it didn't prevent the Meso-Americans from building their own. Allow the civilization that builds the first wonder get the full benefits of a wonder, while the rest merely get tourism benefits and possibly other reduced benefits. Furthermore, to dimish the spam of wonders, require that each cost X amount of $ for upkeep. Can't pay, and they decay (maybe even become a focal point for the archaeologists).

Lastly, if neither I nor any other AI (that I am in contact with), has met an AI that just lost it's capital, I don't want to know about it. Leave that to archaeologists to piece together. Speaking of Arch's, it would be nice to be able to send them into other lands to do some excavations. Granting both civilizations the spoils of that dig should also improve relations (or spoil them if you don't share).

Just some thoughts.

Swap the background of Askia to a bloodthirsty warmonger like Genghis Khan and make a new one for Askia. Burning city would suit Khan more than Askia.

Change the name of happiness to stability & change the icons accordingly. Internal happiness could be named just happiness which would increase stability.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Allow Sam missiles a chance to intercept atomic bombs like they said they do in the civlopedia. Either that's broken or I'm extremely unlucky.

Change the name of happiness to stability & change the icons accordingly.

Hey, they could even keep the icons...

Also, a Nitpick that is specifically for the expansion, change the name of Tourism to Influence...

A way to show that Great Prophets spreading religion can be taken as a side of aggression. The AI goes all willy-nilly spreading religion, but you have no way to tell them to F off. If you attack them, it'll just be a total warmog-esqe penalty on your diplomacy.

Meanwhile, the computer can tell you its getting pissed if you try to spread religion in its territory.
God, yes. When the best way to stop an enemy Great Prophet is to surround it with workers, you know something needs to change.

Hey, they could even keep the icons...

Also, a Nitpick that is specifically for the expansion, change the name of Tourism to Influence...

Influence would cause confusion with City-State influence, though.

I have no problems with the term 'tourism', but perhaps a better one might be 'renown'...

Influence would cause confusion with City-State influence, though.

That's obviously why they're not using Influence, because THAT is the perfect word for it. I know they won't do that because they assume the average player has IQ in the single-digit, but I'd rather they re-name the City-States concept something else, and switch "Influence" to the culture war thingie.

The ability to queue actions for workers, once again like in Civ 4. Sometimes I know what I want to do with a worker for the next bunch of turns, and having to keep that in mind after I've set them off on their current task is a pain when I have more important things to worry about.

The ability to pillage an enemy's tile improvements with ranged units like artillery, Battleships and aircraft such a bombers. That will add a more strategic element with defense i.e. "Should I defend my oil supply or my cites?"

Fix Krakatoa so that it stops spawning in the middle of the ocean. I have still yet to get this natural wonder in my territory.

I'd love to see the deep-ocean movement system revamped.

It drives me nuts whenever there's like, one dark blue ocean tile separating ships from entirely new continents... as though a tiny stretch of rough ocean would stop exploration for 4,000 years!

I think a much better way to do it would be to have all ships be able to travel in ocean starting in the classical age, but have them take damage for each turn ended on a deep ocean tile. That damage penalty would decrease in the medieval era (thereby allowing ships to explore a little further out but still not very far), and then finally would be eliminated entirely once astronomy is researched

Top Bottom