• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

I have edited in the Knight's Velvet Mask above, which was voted to the Spy before he was lynched.

Alright, here's who we have left: Visorslash, Backwards Logic, Autolycus, Snerk, Legato, Winston Hughes, Takhisis, and Newyn.

In eight of these nine roles: Archmage, Chamberlain, Diplomat, Hierophant, Inquisitor, General, Merchant, Noble, Servant.

Based on my abilities, I'm pretty sure I know who Snerk is and that he's clean.
Newyn has been on the winning bandwagon both of the last two days, which feels moderately scummy to me.

No other individual stands out on a quick vote glance on their own. Lynch vote pair comparison in next post.

I had all the pairwise comparison laid out, but then my browser decided to go back.

Summary Recap: Visorslash is always alone.
Takhisis: Warred with Visor last two days, voted Snerk with Winston and me day 1.

Snerk, Winston and Legato: In sync last two days. Snerk voted me day 1. Winston voted Snerk, and Legato voted bladescape with BL.

Me. Voted by Snerk, Winston, and Legato yesterday. Part of Coyosis wagon day 3, with BL and Newyn. Voted Newyn Day 2. Voted Snerk day 1.

BL: Part of Coyosis wagon day 3 with Auto and Newyn. On Coyosis alone day 2, on bladescape day 1.

Newyn: On winning bandwagons the last two days. On BL with bladescape day 1.

Top suspects after review: The Winston Hughes and Legato combination sticks out to me as the most likely pair, but I'd buy either of them with someone else as well. Winston feels scummier to me. Snerk would feel similarly, but my ability results suggest that he's clean.

Newyn just feels like a bandwagon, which, as I said does feel scummy to me, but not like the prior two.

I need to review the Takhisis wagons again before coming to conclusions on him and Visorslash. One might be scum, both aren't.

BL is probably the person I'm most inclined to think is clean, based on this cursory review. I'll come back later to vote masks.

To those who think I'm scum, who do you think I'm in league with?

Mask Votes:

Day 3: Nothing interesting (self-votes and everyone votes for Choxorn) except for Snerk voting a mask to Legato

Day 2: Visor, Legato, Winston, Newyn, and I all vote the Sable mask to Visor, Snerk votes it to Legato

BL votes the Gilded mask to Legato, everyone else still alive self votes for the Gilded Mask.

Everyone votes Sprig the Indigo Mask (which also appears to be missing).

Conclusions: Not much, but masks are vanishing, either do to theft or use,

I would like the Ornate Mask..

Snerk can have the Velvet, and I'll hold off on voting on the shadow mask.

I had all the pairwise comparison laid out, but then my browser decided to go back.

Takhisis: Warred with Visor last two days, voted Snerk with Winston and me day 1.

Snerk, Winston and Legato: In sync last two days. Snerk voted me day 1. Winston voted Snerk, and Legato voted bladescape with BL.

Me. Voted by Snerk, Winston, and Legato yesterday. Part of Coyosis wagon day 3, with BL and Newyn. Voted Newyn Day 2. Voted Snerk day 1.

BL: Part of Coyosis wagon day 3 with Auto and Newyn. On Coyosis alone day 2, on bladescape day 1.

Newyn: On winning bandwagons the last two days. On BL with bladescape day 1.

Top suspects after review: The Winston Hughes and Legato combination sticks out to me as the most likely pair, but I'd buy either of them with someone else as well. Winston feels scummier to me. Snerk would feel similarly, but my ability results suggest that he's clean.

Newyn just feels like a bandwagon, which, as I said does feel scummy to me, but not like the prior two.

I need to review the Takhisis wagons again before coming to conclusions on him and Visorslash. One might be scum, both aren't.

BL is probably the person I'm most inclined to think is clean, based on this cursory review. I'll come back later to vote masks.

This is good. Now that I'm only in this game I'll take a longer look (after I come back from shopping), I was mulling it over earlier and I did agree with winston being a top suspect, though I'm pretty convinced with takh.

I take offence to that :p

With my dying breath, I curse Zoidberg!
Finally, someone who knows how to roleplay!
This is good. Now that I'm only in this game I'll take a longer look (after I come back from shopping), I was mulling it over earlier and I did agree with winston being a top suspect, though I'm pretty convinced with takh.
Convinced of what, Visorslash?

I think you've got things the wrong way around, Autolycus. You're clearing the people who've been hiding, who've been concentrating more on avoiding suspicion than trying to catch scum. At this stage, I'm very confident that there's at least one scum between your two least suspicious players: Visorslash and Backwards Logic.

Autolycus and Snerk.

I know this is going to sound slightly crazy but this makes perfect sense if both day 1 wagons were scum.

Especially when you consider that Snerk claimed Cho wasn't the killer, Cho conveniently dies the following night proving Snerk right and now Autolycus suddenly claims that Snerk can't possibly be scum. The fact that both Sprig's mask that he won and Cho's mask both seem to have disappeared makes me think that maybe the reason Snerk wanted the masks where it went is because he knows that the scum can steal them during the night kill or something.

I would like the Shadow Mask
Backward Logic for the Velvet Mask
Winston Hughes for the Ornate Mask

Given that we have a mere 20% of possible mask votes cast, I will consider extending the mask vote until dusk if more are not laid before noon (in eight hours' time). However, that will mean you will not be able use your new mask until the night phase.

Ornate Mask
Autolycus: Autolycus
Winston Hughes: Newyn

Velvet Mask
Snerk: Autolycus
Backwards Logic: Newyn

Shadow Mask
Newyn: Newyn

Vote Tally
Winston Hughes: Autolycus
Visorslash: Takhisis
Backwards Logic: Winston Hughes
Autolycus: Newyn

Current mask possessions:

Snerk: Gilded
BL: Dragon
Visor: Sabre

Am I forgetting any?

Mask votes:
Ornate Mask to Legato
Velvet Mask to Autolycus
Shadow Mask to Newyn

I'll be on later.

all masks to me

To make it easier for me to find (in case of sudden mass posting):

Ornate Mask to Visorslash
Velvet Mask to Visorslash
Shadow Mask to Visorslash

Autolycus and Snerk.

I know this is going to sound slightly crazy but this makes perfect sense if both day 1 wagons were scum.

Especially when you consider that Snerk claimed Cho wasn't the killer, Cho conveniently dies the following night proving Snerk right and now Autolycus suddenly claims that Snerk can't possibly be scum. The fact that both Sprig's mask that he won and Cho's mask both seem to have disappeared makes me think that maybe the reason Snerk wanted the masks where it went is because he knows that the scum can steal them during the night kill or something.

Newyn, that theory fits with my vote for Snerk day 1, but it doesn't fit quite as well with Snerk being one of the three people voting for me yesterday.

Snerk, is there a reason you voted me a different mask than I voted myself?

Reviewing the posts from the last several days in more detail, I'm leaning away from Winston being scum. Accordingly, Winston can have the Ornate Mask., and I'll take the velvet mask

Top suspects now are the Visorslash/Takh war (Visor wins by an inch, based on Winston's suspicion, but I'd like to hear more for why he suspects him.), followed by Legato and Newyn. Since the people I trust most all have masks or look likely to get them, I'm going to vote the Shadow Mask to Backwards Logic, since we'll at least know if he swaps masks (since his current mask's effect shows up in the tally.)

Two hours to go until midday.

Midday Tallies

Ornate Mask

Winston Hughes: Newyn, Autolycus, Winston Hughes
Visorslash: Visorslash
Legato Endless: Snerk

Velvet Mask
Autolycus: Autolycus, Snerk
Backwards Logic: Newyn
Legato Endless: Winston Hughes

Shadow Mask
Newyn: Newyn, Winston Hughes, Snerk
Backwards Logic: Autolycus

Not interested: Takhisis
Still not interested: Backwards Logic, Legato Endless

Lynch Votes
Visorslash: Takhisis, Autolycus
Backwards Logic: Winston Hughes
Autolycus: Newyn
Abstain: Visorslash, Snerk
Absent: Backwards Logic, Legato Endless

Discussions were somewhat sparse during the morning after Choxorn's death, with nearly half the remaining guests remaining silent on who should be given their late companions' masks. Accordingly, Winston Hughes was awarded the Ornate Mask, Autolycus received the Velvet Mask and Newyn was voted the Shadow Mask. Perhaps the persistent death toll was taking its own separate toll on the participants at the ball?

Day Four ends: [TIMER=5/19/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Day Four over][/TIMER]

Newyn, that theory fits with my vote for Snerk day 1, but it doesn't fit quite as well with Snerk being one of the three people voting for me yesterday.

Snerk, is there a reason you voted me a different mask than I voted myself?

Reviewing the posts from the last several days in more detail, I'm leaning away from Winston being scum. Accordingly, Winston can have the Ornate Mask., and I'll take the velvet mask

Top suspects now are the Visorslash/Takh war (Visor wins by an inch, based on Winston's suspicion, but I'd like to hear more for why he suspects him.), followed by Legato and Newyn. Since the people I trust most all have masks or look likely to get them, I'm going to vote the Shadow Mask to Backwards Logic, since we'll at least know if he swaps masks (since his current mask's effect shows up in the tally.)
No reason for my mask vote no. I just got the masks mixed up when I voted.

I like the vote analysis coming forth now. Hard to make any good readings though. Considering the only known scum died d1.

Visor's recent behaviour is somewhat scummy. That being said, he is a bad lynch.

Visor, the Sabre mask was a scum mask. What does it do??

For now, vote: Backwards Logic for flying really low.

Conclusions: Not much, but masks are vanishing, either do to theft or use,
This is puzzling me. If masks are being used why aren't we seeing stuff happening? So far the +1 vote mask is the only mask effect I've seen. My boring gilded mask remains unused.

Top Bottom