• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

Sorry for my absence yesterday.

sprig for the indigo mask
Atolycus for the gilded mask
Takhisis for the Dragon Mask
Coyosis for the sable mask

Vote: snerk
This feels so odd. Voting Sprig a mask is easy, but then you vote masks to the other two guys who accused Snerk yesterday, and are back on the Snerk wagon again today. And then you vote the traitor's mask to yourself. Are you saying had you been present yesterday, would you have voted Snerk? And you still think he's scum?

My comment from yesterday where you dodged a couple questions. Of course now the whole context of the questions is lost. So I'll add on today: Why vote Takhisis? It sort of mirrors the Snerk vote from yesterday: vote a guy people are suspecting but under no threat of lynch. That's not helping. Who do you think is scum? Why?

Heading out now, I'll check in before the day ends.
I'm willing to switch to Takhisis if it'll save myself but I still believe spaceman feels scummier.
In hindsight, this quote looks terrible. Self-preservation aside, it's a "I don't care who dies so long as it's not me" post. Why are you so important over everyone else? I can get behind a Newyn lynch today.

I'm going with Coyosis for now. That's still not much of an explanation.
Voting for Takhisis because his name is hard to spell is hardly the sort of reason you should be giving on day 3 and then you top it off by voting a mask to the one person that accused you almost as if you're trying to buy him off.

@Backward Logic - in my view, I am more important than either Spaceman or Takhisis.
I made it clear in that post that I believe Spaceman was the stronger candidate to be scum compared with Takhisis but if it meant saving myself, I was willing to go Takhisis because at the end of the day, the only person that I know with 100% certainty isn't scum is myself.

Totally independent question: Do you think Takhisis is scum?

I would like the velvet mask.. What's the case for takhisis being scum? I didn't understand it yesterday, and I don't understand it today.

At the moment, I think coyosis is my top suspect. Legato also feels somewhat scummy to me.

I have a weak scum read on Takhisis due to his toss-away vote late yesterday and the fact that he has said very little.
However, until Takhisis says more, Coyosis is who I'm targeting because starting the bandwagon on someone because "their name is hard to spell" is a horrible reason to give on day 3 in a small game and I think that's even worse than the current case against Takhisis.

Personally I find these votes shifty.

Takhisis for saying Snerk flinched, or Snerk for flinching?

*tosses coin*

unvote; vote: Snerk
This "random vote" vote made the Snerk wagon tie with the KM wagon.

No takers?

Newyn or spaceman, then.

*tosses coin*

unvote; vote: Newyn
Another deciding vote (if the day hadn't been prolonged) in the very dubious coin-toss format.

Although Spaceman flipped loyal so I dunno.

Mask votes for now:

Velvet Mask for Legato. He's due for a mask I guess.
Coral Mask for Choxorn. Not cleared but he isn't Awnshegh.

It's not that I don't want one for myself but I did get one last time.

I want Sprig's Velvet Mask
My vote for the Coral Mask is up for sale ;)

Coral Mask for Choxorn. Not cleared but he isn't Awnshegh.

Care to explain this?

Winston is the closest I have to lock town funnily enough.

His vote switches late yesterday first to put me in the lead for lynch late in the day then breaking the deadlock to ensure spaceman dies rather than letting a coin toss decide.
There's just no reason for scum to attract unwanted attention by doing something like that. They wouldn't care which of us got lynched since it'd be the same result for them.

Mid-Morning Vote Tallies

Lynch Tally

Coyosis: Backwards Logic, Newyn, Autolycus
Takhisis: Visorslash, Coyosis

Velvet Mask
Coyosis: Coyosis
Autolycus: Autolycus
Newyn: Newyn
Legato Endless: Snerk

Coral Mask
Backwards Logic: Coyosis
Choxorn: Snerk

Can someone explain the cases on Newyn and Takhisis to me? Right now spaceman seems a lot scummier than either of them.
Well…
there's a case against Newyn? :eek:
I was trying to question Visorslash's voting for Newyn without posting any case whatsoever. Was it because Newyn won a mask which Visorslash wanted?
vote: takhisis
Nice belated vote, my dear friend. Oh my [insert deity name here], you suck!
Explanation of what? I put my votes and requests where my money was.

Speaking of which:

vote: takhisis whose name never fails to screw up my ability to spell.

Coyosis for the velvet mask
Backwards Logic for the coral mask
Takhisis for the velvet mask then, since I can't vote for two lynch candidates.
I certainly don't.

My comment from yesterday where you dodged a couple questions. Of course now the whole context of the questions is lost. So I'll add on today: Why vote Takhisis? It sort of mirrors the Snerk vote from yesterday: vote a guy people are suspecting but under no threat of lynch. That's not helping. Who do you think is scum? Why?
Oddly enough, I think Takhisis is scum for exactly the same reason you state later in the thread. However, I only have time right now to check in to the thread once per real-day (rather than once per game Day) and so I kind of misread a few things that happened.

In hindsight, this quote looks terrible. Self-preservation aside, it's a "I don't care who dies so long as it's not me" post. Why are you so important over everyone else? I can get behind a Newyn lynch today.

And there would be my second scum read: Town players aren't usually out for themselves; they're usually out for a Town win.

Also, if I'm so bloody suspicious why hasn't anyone used a Day or Night action on me? Because I can tell you no one has. I've managed to draw fire, so I'm not doing my job very well but! I can tell you that:

I was not visited by anyone Day One.
I was not visited by anyone Night One, either.
Winston Hughes was not visited by anyone Day Two
I was not visited by anyone Night Two.

So, seriously, if I'm so bloody suspicious, why aren't those of you who can Do Things paying attention to me behind the scenes?

I'd like the Coral Mask, but I'd like even more to ensure we don't give another mask to Backwards Logic. There's something in the rules about masks becoming significant later on, and it seems unwise to trust anybody with a third mask when others of us still only have one.

Winston Hughes was not visited by anyone Day Two

Why did you target me?

This "random vote" vote made the Snerk wagon tie with the KM wagon.

Another deciding vote (if the day hadn't been prolonged) in the very dubious coin-toss format.

Hmm... Vote to lynch or support Snerk?

*tosses coin*

vote: Snerk

(And, yes, these are genuine coin tosses. I considered playing the whole game this way - in the style of The Dice Man - but decided it would be a bit too restrictive.)

I'd like the Coral Mask, but I'd like even more to ensure we don't give another mask to Backwards Logic. There's something in the rules about masks becoming significant later on, and it seems unwise to trust anybody with a third mask when others of us still only have one.

For what it's worth, I have activated the Dragon Mask which does add another point to my lynch vote (does nothing for mask votes). If we ever wanted to bury a mask to keep it out of use, vote it to me. Which mask I have active will always be public knowledge.

Four hours left until midday.

Top Bottom