• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

This is puzzling me. If masks are being used why aren't we seeing stuff happening? So far the +1 vote mask is the only mask effect I've seen. My boring gilded mask remains unused.

Might be a scry or two buried in there considering the various stats. That wouldn't appear in terms of activity.

Vote: Autolycus for now. This isn't a strong read, but it's my strongest until I've sunk some time into this in a few hours. For all the activity he just gave in the last day, it looks more like pinging around testing the waters, then a legitimately earnest progression in thought.

The Ornate mask boosts the wearer's magic score. Also, I've learned that when players are killed, any received masks (i.e. not their starting masks) in their possession are prone to be stolen.

Of the people who received masks previously, we have Sprig and Choxorn who were killed at the next opportunity, Coyosis who was lynched the same day, and three survivors: Snerk, Backwards Logic and Visorslash. From that group, Snerk immediately claimed a vote-voiding power for the Gilded Mask, whilst Visor alluded only to the Sable Mask (left behind by scumbag KingMorgan) being unsatisfactory in some way, and BL waited until the following day to announce the vote-boosting power of the Dragon Mask (which is what did for Coyosis).

My read on Visor and BL as the most likely scum is based on general behaviour - I'm just not getting townie vibes from the play of either - but the above information doesn't exactly help the case for their innocence.

Also, I've learned that when players are killed, any received masks (i.e. not their starting masks) in their possession are prone to be stolen.

I'm very curious to know how you've quote 'learned' this. It's been speculated before by Newyn, and now you come forth saying you've confirmed it in some way.

My read on Visor and BL as the most likely scum is based on general behaviour - I'm just not getting townie vibes from the play of either - but the above information doesn't exactly help the case for their innocence.

Elaborate on my nontownie vibes and bl too please

i've done a lot of things that i do as town, spaceman picked up on it, and you were keen to lynch him

why is takhisis not getting any traction? because the scum are ignoring the case on him

Takhisis NOTABLY posts less as mafia

he has 12 posts in this thread

he had 22 on his first day in my game

his only real posts that are really game solving is omgusing me

this is not town takhisis behaviour

Whenever you get another mask you get informed of it.

Went back and looked at the PM. Yep, missed that part. :blush:

As for the lynch, I have no idea. Well, it's not that I have no idea, it's just I have an idea who this Awnshegh guy isn't. Doesn't mean those people aren't scum though.

Going to go Takhisis for now. Visor's leaning on him pretty hard, so I'll roll with that though admittedly I don't know what Visor's case is - I'd like some elaboration. Either way he flips it sheds some light on the situation.

Elaborate on my nontownie vibes and bl too please

i've done a lot of things that i do as town, spaceman picked up on it, and you were keen to lynch him

why is takhisis not getting any traction? because the scum are ignoring the case on him

this is the same stuff that happened in moa - the scum ignored the presure on them (and they could manipulate )

you have to be firm and force people to take a stand

if the stand is voting me over takh then lol outed mafia

@ Visorslash: Apparently, you're not (currently) voting him this phase?

The Ornate mask boosts the wearer's magic score. Also, I've learned that when players are killed, any received masks (i.e. not their starting masks) in their possession are prone to be stolen.

Of the people who received masks previously, we have Sprig and Choxorn who were killed at the next opportunity, Coyosis who was lynched the same day, and three survivors: Snerk, Backwards Logic and Visorslash. From that group, Snerk immediately claimed a vote-voiding power for the Gilded Mask, whilst Visor alluded only to the Sable Mask (left behind by scumbag KingMorgan) being unsatisfactory in some way, and BL waited until the following day to announce the vote-boosting power of the Dragon Mask (which is what did for Coyosis).

yeah the sable mask was terrible- scum know this and are happy to vote it to me.

coyosis was a very easy lynch imo

i'm not this inactive as scum - go see the recent game on the org for a good example of that

I had all the pairwise comparison laid out, but then my browser decided to go back.

Summary Recap: Visorslash is always alone.
Takhisis: Warred with Visor last two days, voted Snerk with Winston and me day 1.

Snerk, Winston and Legato: In sync last two days. Snerk voted me day 1. Winston voted Snerk, and Legato voted bladescape with BL.

Me. Voted by Snerk, Winston, and Legato yesterday. Part of Coyosis wagon day 3, with BL and Newyn. Voted Newyn Day 2. Voted Snerk day 1.

BL: Part of Coyosis wagon day 3 with Auto and Newyn. On Coyosis alone day 2, on bladescape day 1.

Newyn: On winning bandwagons the last two days. On BL with bladescape day 1.

Top suspects after review: The Winston Hughes and Legato combination sticks out to me as the most likely pair, but I'd buy either of them with someone else as well. Winston feels scummier to me. Snerk would feel similarly, but my ability results suggest that he's clean.

Newyn just feels like a bandwagon, which, as I said does feel scummy to me, but not like the prior two.

I need to review the Takhisis wagons again before coming to conclusions on him and Visorslash. One might be scum, both aren't.

BL is probably the person I'm most inclined to think is clean, based on this cursory review. I'll come back later to vote masks.

To those who think I'm scum, who do you think I'm in league with?

Newyn, that theory fits with my vote for Snerk day 1, but it doesn't fit quite as well with Snerk being one of the three people voting for me yesterday.

Snerk, is there a reason you voted me a different mask than I voted myself?

Reviewing the posts from the last several days in more detail, I'm leaning away from Winston being scum. Accordingly, Winston can have the Ornate Mask., and I'll take the velvet mask

Top suspects now are the Visorslash/Takh war (Visor wins by an inch, based on Winston's suspicion, but I'd like to hear more for why he suspects him.), followed by Legato and Newyn. Since the people I trust most all have masks or look likely to get them, I'm going to vote the Shadow Mask to Backwards Logic, since we'll at least know if he swaps masks (since his current mask's effect shows up in the tally.)

first you side with me over takh

and vote wh

when wh says he suspects me

suddenly thats cause to switch

wtf?

why are you following your suspect?

No reason for my mask vote no. I just got the masks mixed up when I voted.

I like the vote analysis coming forth now. Hard to make any good readings though. Considering the only known scum died d1.

Visor's recent behaviour is somewhat scummy. That being said, he is a bad lynch.

Visor, the Sabre mask was a scum mask. What does it do??

For now, vote: Backwards Logic for flying really low.
a) what is this vote thing you speak of?
b) why does Backward Logic ignore a vote on him?
Takhisis NOTABLY posts less as mafia

he has 12 posts in this thread

he had 22 on his first day in my game

his only real posts that are really game solving is omgusing me

Actually, you OMGUSed me after I voted you for voting Newyn with no excuse whatsoever, and I've been voting you ever since.

Also, Takhisis behaves scummily when town, and SpockFederation once made a graph detailing that, the more he posts, the more likely he is to be mafia. Also, when he talks about himself in the third person, you know he's really trying not to laugh at you, you piece of scum.
Went back and looked at the PM. Yep, missed that part. :blush:

As for the lynch, I have no idea. Well, it's not that I have no idea, it's just I have an idea who this Awnshegh guy isn't. Doesn't mean those people aren't scum though.

Going to go Takhisis for now. Visor's leaning on him pretty hard, so I'll roll with that though admittedly I don't know what Visor's case is - I'd like some elaboration. Either way he flips it sheds some light on the situation.
And what is your (lack of) reasoning for such a vote? Incidentally, I would like to point my fish fingers at you, Monsieur de Logique. fFoS: Backwards Logic. Not only for ignoring votes against you, but also because 'hey Visor, let's vote Takhisis' is always a scummy thing to do.

An carelessness doesn't usually happen to you.
i'm not this inactive as scum - go see the recent game on the org for a good example of that
It's a game where -on purpose- you refrained from killing. I should know, I was the GM. And you're not being inactive. Out of the last eleven posts, eight are yours, Visorslash, and three are Backwards Logic's. Why, oh, why?

Dunno Visor, I'm starting to really lean towards an Autolycus lynch right about now.

Day One: Was apart of the Snerk wagon to attempt to save KM, which would have worked too had it not been for Riedquat (for the record, his vote tied Snerk with choxorn and KM at the time. Also looked like a OMGUS vote as well which happens a bunch on Day 1). Winston would later join on as the third put-into-the-lead vote.

Day Two: Would have voted spaceman, but there were too many votes on him at the time and didn't vote for anyone and was going to wait a bit and vote later. Votes Visor Sable mask (pile on vote, #4 in chain), but no lynch vote. Would have missed voting deadline had it not been extended, and voted Newyn, claiming he's 'most suspicious.'

Day Three: Jumps on Coyosis quick, despite yesterday saying Newyn was most suspicious. On top of it, Newyn is also voting Coyosis. What? Votes coral mask to choxorn along with Winston, velvet to himself. A counter-wagon forms against him, consisting of Legato, Snerk and Winston. Legato calls out Autolycus for slacking. What I find interesting here is Winston points out his vote doesn't matter assuming I'm telling the truth on the Dragon Mask function.

Day Four: Choxorn dies. Auto quickly comes forth with giant analysis post and does the whole 'I accuse Winston wait no I agree with him thing.' He also specifically asks who he's in league with if he's scum while simultaneously accusing Winston, as if to distance himself from him. Claims to re-read thread and does a total about face on Winston, going from accusation to voting masks to himself and Winston.

So unvote: Takhisis and Vote: Autolycus. There's too much wishy-washy flip-flopping going on here for my tastes.

a) what is this vote thing you speak of?
b) why does Backward Logic ignore a vote on him?

Actually, you OMGUSed me after I voted you for voting Newyn with no excuse whatsoever, and I've been voting you ever since.

Also, Takhisis behaves scummily when town, and SpockFederation once made a graph detailing that, the more he posts, the more likely he is to be mafia. Also, when he talks about himself in the third person, you know he's really trying not to laugh at you, you piece of scum.

And what is your (lack of) reasoning for such a vote? Incidentally, I would like to point my fish fingers at you, Monsieur de Logique. fFoS: Backwards Logic. Not only for ignoring votes against you, but also because 'hey Visor, let's vote Takhisis' is always a scummy thing to do.

An carelessness doesn't usually happen to you.

It's a game where -on purpose- you refrained from killing. I should know, I was the GM. And you're not being inactive. Out of the last eleven posts, eight are yours, Visorslash, and three are Backwards Logic's. Why, oh, why?

Bah Tak, you're just mad I voted you and it seems to have elicited a reaction. On top of it, that wasn't much of a defense. That was more of a temper-tantrum. And I've been busy of late (having a house built in real-life, so it takes up a considerable amount of time), so hence my activity now versus earlier and my ignorance of Snerk's vote.

I still insist on voting Visorslash. At least you can't accuse me of inconsistency or flip-flopping.

(x-post ninja-edit, no votes) You and Visorslash are going on meta reasons. :scan:

Dunno Visor, I'm starting to really lean towards an Autolycus lynch right about now.

Day One: Was apart of the Snerk wagon to attempt to save KM, which would have worked too had it not been for Riedquat (for the record, his vote tied Snerk with choxorn and KM at the time. Also looked like a OMGUS vote as well which happens a bunch on Day 1). Winston would later join on as the third put-into-the-lead vote.

Day Two: Would have voted spaceman, but there were too many votes on him at the time and didn't vote for anyone and was going to wait a bit and vote later. Votes Visor Sable mask (pile on vote, #4 in chain), but no lynch vote. Would have missed voting deadline had it not been extended, and voted Newyn, claiming he's 'most suspicious.'

Day Three: Jumps on Coyosis quick, despite yesterday saying Newyn was most suspicious. On top of it, Newyn is also voting Coyosis. What? Votes coral mask to choxorn along with Winston, velvet to himself. A counter-wagon forms against him, consisting of Legato, Snerk and Winston. Legato calls out Autolycus for slacking. What I find interesting here is Winston points out his vote doesn't matter assuming I'm telling the truth on the Dragon Mask function.

Day Four: Choxorn dies. Auto quickly comes forth with giant analysis post and does the whole 'I accuse Winston wait no I agree with him thing.' He also specifically asks who he's in league with if he's scum while simultaneously accusing Winston, as if to distance himself from him. Claims to re-read thread and does a total about face on Winston, going from accusation to voting masks to himself and Winston.

So unvote: Takhisis and Vote: Autolycus. There's too much wishy-washy flip-flopping going on here for my tastes.

yeah it sounds good to me

auto

Newyn, that theory fits with my vote for Snerk day 1, but it doesn't fit quite as well with Snerk being one of the three people voting for me yesterday.

Snerk voting for you fits perfectly into my you + Snerk team theory. You guys would know that Backward Logic is telling the truth if you're scum so there was little risk in Snerk putting a vote on you.

@Visor I've never been a big poster unless someone is directing questions at me or arguing against me.
I prefer to keep things short and to the point and I keep up. There's no point in going for quantity unless you feel it's actually going to add something useful to the discussion.

What I will say though is that I can personally vouch for the fact that Backward Logic is not scum. Not just not the killer as a few people have been claiming regarding various people but not scum period.

unvote

I need to think through the implications of Newyn clearing BL before deciding which way to vote. What I will say is that I've got the beginnings of a suspicion about Visor and Takhisis being scumbuddies. Each of them is high on my suspect list right now, and the interactions between them have felt a bit off throughout, like neither really wants the other lynched, despite what they claim. Perhaps I'm just being fanciful. I'll see how I feel about this after work.

In the meantime...

What I find interesting here is Winston points out his vote doesn't matter assuming I'm telling the truth on the Dragon Mask function.

I didn't point out that my vote didn't matter, I pointed out that the Autolycus wagon needed another vote to bring it level (and two to lynch outright). There were still almost two hours left of the day for votes to swing it.

As for our interactions today, you really need to look at them again and ask what the hell we were playing at if Auto and I were scumbuddies together. It would be bizarre in the extreme to play it like that, him doing a whole pile of analysis to build a case on me, only to drop it as soon as I say 'nah, you're wrong'.

Every time I've seen him as scum, he's continued spamming up the thread in his usual manner. That said, it doesn't tend to do much for his survival chances, so maybe the lower posting here is defensive as you say.

Short memory?

Top Bottom