NotW LVII - Tempus Fugit (game thread)

I was blocked tonight, but my action went through.

And my night actions are traceable, have been relatively traceable so far.

I forced him to target someone at random, not me. Same with Winston on the last night. Not that I chose to target them randomly, my bad on clarity.

Ah shucks. Not your fault Mat93 I am terrible at this game. I forgot your previous posts, but you do have to clarify if you get a failed ability message if the person does not have an active ability. i.e. your roleclaim included random target:

[day 3, targeted dicetosser n2]

I can cause the ability of any player I choose to target me instead at night (or have it target someone random). This only works if they have an active night ability.

I can't exactly tell why you would know 100% dicetosser had to have had an active night ability if you are just redirecting people.......but meh.

I still find you a little suspiscious here:

[commenting on sprig/dicetosser death n3]

The numbers don't entirely add up though. 1 death N1 (and a blocked 1), no increase. 2 deaths N2, 1 increase. No deaths N3, 2 increases. So 2, 3, 2, in terms of death and dishonest practices increases per night. Unless Sprig/dice died because only 1 of them was targeted.

Also for the mason bit, I find this unlikely. Dice had an active night ability. No idea what it is, but I don't think someone would be mason and have another ability. Unless the mason bit had a downside...like the dieing together bit.

but, yesterday (day 6) I glossed over these shenanigans:

Also Takhisis, what were you doing last night?

[implying he targetted takhisis; takhisis responded shortly after]

vote: Takhisis. I blocked you last night and you claim something else.

vote: Takhisis

Unless we're at lylo and Tak is the designated patsy, I can't see a scum motivation behind Jarrema's claim. Even if we are at lylo, it would seem needlessly risky to play it this way.

What I suspect, Jarrema-san, is that someone used a bus-driver ability. I was certainly not roleblocked last night.

I'm beginning to assume being corrupted impacts ability usage. That could also fit in with Zack's claimed role from a town pespective---if corrupted people have chances to fail, that is a way to combat corruption.

ONTO CHOXORN:

[this is day 4 I think, again flying with "GOLLY GEE WHERE ARE ALL THESE BLOCKS FROM???"]

That seems to be quite an abundance of roleblockers.

Did either of you get blocked in a way suggesting Cuthillius was the one responsible? The vortex to the future thing?

[responded to a portion of my post containing him, I am including fuller text]
Spoiler :
Choxorn --- ??????; single target ability that results in the person knowing they have been targeted; mat93 confirmed

Personal Ability Discussion: town

426 redirect to mat93.

Notes:

important that mat holds no suspicions; could be an explicit mat/choxorn conspiracy though. With no likely seer, a scum role could easily be a targeted lightning rod (pull townie action away from the killer and onto himself), and the scum could lie about such things.

but, mat knows choxorn targeted him and seems OK with the action.

Need to verify jarrema action last night.

Alignment: lean town based on openness on talking on ability

You're misunderstanding how our roles work- mine doesn't result in the person I target knowing they've been targeted, Mat only knew I'd targeted him because he made me target him.

I know he is a future roleblocker, but it is inherently odd for me for a roleblocker to make a spin on things that their target won't know they get targeted by a roleblock. This is inserting words into choxorn's mouth but..........this is like unnecessarily defensive.

and again to trudge up this:

Golden was blocked, Winston was blocked, Jarrema was blocked and since he's the claimed blocker he couldn't have done any of the others, none of the descriptions match Cuthillius... How many blockers even are there? Did someone use some sort of ability that caused multiple people to be targeted by one ability again?

Why was choxorn so adamant in misleading people away from knowing he was a roleblocker (though n1 he did say he tried protect actions, and n2 would have protected mat93

and then slightly about yesterday:

Jarrema, did you actually block takhisis????? What have been your blocks tonight?

to be honest, without having done ANY looking at votes, my gut is that there was that choxorn/mat93 conspiracy night 1 and 2 (saying choxorn forced to target mat and mat targeting choxorn; conveniently choxorn chose his protection action so mat93 could act n2 and may or may not have actually just killed dicetosser)

then zack is vareth in a godfather like role, and Winston fits somewhere in there as a scum

but that's my gut

Technically, what I said about Mat was true- that part of my role shouldn't let people know I've targeted them.

And really? You can't think of any reasons why a townie doctor/blocker might not want their ability publicly known?

I do, which is why it is hard to find the scum right now, especially with the chronomancy mechanics and corruption and people performing abilities while being blocked.

just the obfuscation or withholding of information in your context doesn't seem all too great to me

the context was ATPG, Cuthillius, Jarrema, Mat93, maybe others all had claimed by the time you make those posts (to be fair, I did not claim, but I provided the information that I could---that I was stolen from)

granted posting volume and such may make people miss posts and claims and statements in the thread. Your actions don't tell me one way or the other of being a 5-pimp rated scum ([pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp]) or a 5-angel rated townie :)jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus::jesus:) but the timing is still worth questioning to me

For example on posting volume: jarrema claims he did not see me post in the thread that my ability had been stolen. I believe that 100% to be true. Jarrema either already knew my ability was stolen via the mafia quicktopic and was going to lazily come in and post the way he did--"Kennigit is not a killer, I totally "blocked" him right guys?" or he is a town roleblocker who just didn't keep tabs and didn't really care about days 1 and 2.

Also see takhisis.

1. To my best knowledge, I blocked Takhisis
2. I blocked Choxorn tonight

I will vote: Choxorn. There was no murder tonight.

So? If you're the scum blocker you could have refrained from killing to frame me, or asked Cass to kill and she couldn't because I blocked her.

Stop giving us so little to work with, Jarrema. If you're the blocker and you're really town, who else have you blocked? What is the flavor of your block? Why didn't Mat and I have the same thing happen to us when we were supposedly blocked on Night 3?

Start talking. Now.

list of my targets (already claimed in the thread):
night 1: none
night 2: Kennigit
night 3: Choxorn and Mat93 (my original target: Choxorn)
night 4: I was unable to act (I dont know why)
night 5: Takhisis
night 6: Choxorn

flavor of my roleblock?
I dont know how it is described to target, but I push him out of stream of time (if I understand it correctly; I cant quote my PM directly here)

My night results didn't seem to say anything about being pushed out of the stream of time.

Vote for hire:

"Tell me why I should help your team win"

Mafia, you're up. Convince this townie pizzaguy to lose the game.

Entertain and dazzle me with your incredible knowledge of how to pretend to be a convincing towneh

Townies, shhh, I said mafia first, it's only polite

My night results didn't seem to say anything about being pushed out of the stream of time.
maybe you could tell us what flavor have your night results?
I really have no idea other than my role description.

I can then target person that we will agree upon

I can then target person that we will agree upon

You think I'm so scummy because you blocked me and you're still trying to come to some sort of an agreement with me to prove yourself. Why so unsure, Jarrema? Is it because you're a lying scum who's been lying about everything this whole time? A town roleblocker wouldn't need to justify himself this much or try so hard to make sure they're going along with what other people want. A town roleblocker would know that the claimed blocker they just blocked must be scum.

No, you're a scum roleblocker, Jarrema. We're not coming to any agreement and you're not going to target anyone tonight, you've been allowed to live far too long and block too many townspeople.

And, for what it's worth, my role doesn't really seem to flavor my blocks much- I just go into the future and block or protect someone, and that's it. Go ask Golden1Knight or Cass what happened when I blocked them, they probably know as much as I do.

Mid-Morning Tally

Jarrema: choxorn
Mat93: Zack
choxorn: Jarrema
Winston Hughes: Mat93

Not Voting: Kennigit, ATPG, Murska

If we assume 3 scum who are those 3.

Jarrema, Winston, Cass. Not as sure about Cass as I am about Winston and Jarrema, but she's my top suspect past those two.

Vote: Jarrema. He has done nothing to even try to combat the assumption that he is the scum roleblocker. I get the feeling from him that he doesn't know himself why he hasn't been lynched yet.

how can I show you that I am not scum roleblocker?

maybe if I tell the truth...

I am not a roleblocker. In fact, I am a jailer. Do whatever you want with it.
vote: Winston

Top Bottom