[NFP] November Update Video

If Babylon is eureka based I wonder how they will handle prerequisites. There's a lot of technologies which Babylon could leapfrog to if they can ignore those! Education, Machinery, Apprenticeship... It seems in particular like a lot of the medieval techs have very simple eurekas that you could unlock well before the tech is available.

They could add the great artist Walt Disney who allows you to recall any hero you please.:scared:
In a sanitized form that may be unrecognizable from the original source--oh, hello, Zeus, father of the year and god of marital fidelity who definitely didn't name his favorite illegitimate child after his wife. :mischief:

If Babylon works how we think and they instantly finish any tech they get a eureka for we need a list of hilarious beelines for absurdly powerful unlocks.

settle coast for Sailing unlock, 2 coastal resource to unlock Celestial Nav, 2 early Harbors for Cartography

3 fast archers to get Machinery for ancient era Crossbowmen

kill 3 barbs to reveal Iron, then build a mine for Ironworking

start game researching Animal Husbandry, get a builder first, then a pasture for Horseback Riding and Horsemen available by turn 10 or so

mining, builder to start game, build 3 mines and laugh at Gaul as you unlock Apprenticeship by turn 14 or so

3 early workshops for instant Industrialization which reveals Coal

build classical coal mine to unlock Steel

two coal plants for Refining which reveals Oil

build Oil well to get Plastics and upgrade your scouts to 60/65 str SpecOps (maybe in medieval?)

Last edited:
If Babylon works how we think and they instantly finish any tech they get a eureka for we need a list of hilarious beelines for absurdly powerful unlocks.

settle coast for Sailing unlock, 2 coastal resource to unlock Celestial Nav, 2 early Harbors for Cartography

3 fast archers to get Machinery for ancient era Crossbowmen

kill 3 barbs to reveal Iron, then build a mine for Ironworking

start game researching Animal Husbandry, get a builder first, then a pasture for Horseback Riding and Horsemen available by turn 10 or so

mining, builder to start game, build 3 mines and laugh at Gaul as you unlock Apprenticeship by turn 14 or so

3 early workshops for instant Industrialization which reveals Coal

build classical coal mine to unlock Steel

two coal plants for Refining which reveals Oil

build Oil well to get Plastics and upgrade your scouts to 60/65 str SpecOps (maybe in medieval?)

Build 3 Privateers to get Submarines (although you also need that oil to build them).

Fortunately, knights are locked behind Fuedalism. But killing with a Knight gets you Cavalry in the Medieval.

Build 3 Privateers to get Submarines (although you also need that oil to build them).

Fortunately, knights are locked behind Fuedalism. But killing with a Knight gets you Cavalry in the Medieval.

I bet there is more to it than this. Has to be. Otherwise I can see ways for Spiffing Brit and guys like Lily Lancer exploiting it to infinity somehow. There has to be some sort of restriction on it. My initial thought is that maybe they can fully get any Ancient Era tech or maybe the first 2-3 are fully eureka'd. Still crazy powerful in the right hands, like the other civs. I just hope they do not make the power creep situation worse than it already is. All these new civs are still heads and shoulders above most of the older ones.

I bet there is more to it than this. Has to be. Otherwise I can see ways for Spiffing Brit and guys like Lily Lancer exploiting it to infinity somehow. There has to be some sort of restriction on it. My initial thought is that maybe they can fully get any Ancient Era tech or maybe the first 2-3 are fully eureka'd. Still crazy powerful in the right hands, like the other civs. I just hope they do not make the power creep situation worse than it already is. All these new civs are still heads and shoulders above most of the older ones.

My theory is that they get the full tech if they are the first in the world to complete the Eureka.

Yeah, if not for the Niter requirement going 3 archers, unlock Machinery, upgrade 2 archers to x-bows to get Bombards in the early Classical would be nuts.

I think the 3 mines for Apprenticeship before T15 might be the craziest scenario if it works.

Also delighted Hammurabi will be making a return but I wonder how they will represent him. Historically he was a lawmaker and conqueror, a backstabber and builder. I suspect given Cyrus’ presence in the game they won’t portray Hammurabi as a backstabber, which is a missed opportunity. He was one of the most backstabby people of all ancient history.
I'm pretty sure he'll be primarily a lawmaker and builder based off the leak.

They could add the great artist Walt Disney who allows you to recall any hero you please.:scared:
I imagine several Disney references will be put in the achievements.
The one time I wish the Huns were in the game. :mischief:

So you are saying I just have to put 6 farms (2 builders) to unlock Feudalism, and therefore Stirrups?
On sixth farms, the Babylonian said: "I command the builders to work tiles to all kinds, tame horses, mighty knights, annihilate all". And that's what happened.

This sound quite powerful and early. But be careful: the late game Eureka are "Steal it or have a Great Scientist to unlock it for you" so you will need some science if your pursue the Rocket victory. The Great Library is going the must have wonder for them: it gives you a free Eureka each time a Great Scientist is claimed by a civilization.

@Eagle Pursuit: Oh yeah. I mixed up.

So you are saying I just have to put 6 farms (2 builders) to unlock Feudalism, and therefore Stirrups?
On sixth farms, the Babylonian said: "I command the builders to work tiles to all kinds, tame horses, mighty knights, annihilate all". And that's what happened.

This sound quite powerful and early. But be careful: the late game Eureka are "Steal it or have a Great Scientist to unlock it for you" so you will need some science if your pursue the Rocket victory. The Great Library is going the must have wonder for them: it gives you a free Eureka each time a Great Scientist is claimed by a civilization.

Feudalism is a Civic, not a tech.

My design wishes seldom come to fruition. Is it still possible Babylon might have a unique ancient wall? I’m not steeped in history like some of you, but I fondly remember the Ishtar Gate I saw as an exchange student in Berlin. From looking in the video, nothing seems to rule it out, does it?

My design wishes seldom come to fruition. Is it still possible Babylon might have a unique ancient wall? I’m not steeped in history like some of you, but I fondly remember the Ishtar Gate I saw as an exchange student in Berlin. From looking in the video, nothing seems to rule it out, does it?
From the looks of it I think it was pointed out that they might be getting a unique water mill, like an advanced irrigation system of some sort.

I myself was hoping for an unique library but that was definitely ruled out as we saw a Babylonian campus with a regular library.

Leader UA: Lawgiver
Hammurabi can switch government cards at any time, at no cost.
I have a good feeling he will also start the game with Code of Laws civic unlocked.

I mean, there has to be a "Hammurabi Code" stele/monument replacement, right?

Currently we haven't see any unique buildings or districts in the Babylon reveal video. We can still hope, but I personally found a Babylon without a unique library or monument very uninteresting to me.

Top Bottom