Nubia First Look

Given our previous discussions about what 2 civs/3 leaders meant, it does seem to make more sense for Egypt to have a second leader of Nubia is included.

If they're going that route, they'd have to announce the new Egyptian leader tomorrow. But given when Amanitore lived, a more ancient Egyptian than Cleopatra as a competitor does not make sense, unless the scenario starts much earlier.

Thinking about it, I think the patch notes were only released after the livestream with Persia&Macedon? At least I remember them talking about the patch in the livestream (and how the lastbuilt-bug was fixed)...

If I recall correctly, the First Looks for Cyrus and Alexander were a day apart, so there could be another First Look tomorrow.

I don't think it's likely though, and thus far the scenarios have had very little to do with the leaders in game. A more builder-oriented Pharaoh is not impossible though.

They already announced a livestream for tomorrow. I think it's safe to assume there's nothing else to be announced aside from patch notes, so this DLC include only Nubia and Amanitore (plus scenario, wonder and maybe other small stuff)

I think the mods got their lines crossed. I'm sure they will sort it out.

I know bite was just being a good mod, but until we know the full extent of DLC5, it would have been better to keep the thread open.

Moderator Action: Please do not discuss mod actions in public threads. The easiest way to find out why he did what he did is simply to start a private conversation with him and ask him. leif

https://www.civilization.com/news/entries#civilization-vi-nubia-dlc-amanitore-first-look-new-civ

"SCENARIO: “THE GIFT OF THE NILE”
Nubia lies in modern-day Sudan, south of Egypt. So, for the new “Gifts of the Nile” Scenario, you lead either Nubia or Egypt to see who will control the Nile River. The winner is the first civilization to complete seven Temples dedicated to Amun in this 125-turn scenario."

I wonder about the time frame of this scenario, because since the scenario seems to give a hint that the second leader might come from Egypt, we could pinpoint who that leader is.

Well imagine a pyramid surrounded by districts :D
The pyramids being desert-only also limits their usefulness. I mean, other than Petra, even if next to, say, a city centre, campus, and theatre, the tile is still only 1 food/1 science/1 culture/1 faith, which is probably only barely worth building. They have value for sure in a Petra city, and they have value next to a city centre to speed districts, but otherwise it's a pretty underwhelming improvement. Gets marginally better on desert hills, and probably most valuable on floodplains.

The First Post has been updated with Nubia's info

They already announced a livestream for tomorrow. I think it's safe to assume there's nothing else to be announced aside from patch notes, so this DLC include only Nubia and Amanitore (plus scenario, wonder and maybe other small stuff)

Where did the lifestream get announced? Could you give me a link or something specific?

^
https://twitter.com/FiraxisGames/status/889857006412156928

Didn't really expect Nubia, but it's always great to have some new leaders. The UU seems really OP, as if archer rush wasn't OP enough already. I just hope the AI can use them properly. It would be nice to have similar situations as in Civ V, where I'd discover a new continent and it was completely conquered by someone.

e. ninja'd

50% production towards ranged units. That is just insane as i think of it. That must be like 1 UU archer every 2 turns in the capital on Epic speed. Amazing defensive or attacking potential. (With the 50% boost from military card from ancient era)

Love the inclusion of Nubia. Everything about the civ, screams fun and a exciting game. I am wondering though, does the inclusion of Nubia, basically mean Ethiopia is out?

Love the inclusion of Nubia. Everything about the civ, screams fun and a exciting game. I am wondering though, does the inclusion of Nubia, basically mean Ethiopia is out?

In a game where we can have both Macedon and Greece as separate civs, I don't think we can use geographic proximity or shared cultural traits as a disqualifying factor in guessing what civs will be added to the game :crazyeye:

Top Bottom