1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nubia First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

No, it wasn't.

2. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Given our previous discussions about what 2 civs/3 leaders meant, it does seem to make more sense for Egypt to have a second leader of Nubia is included.

If they're going that route, they'd have to announce the new Egyptian leader tomorrow. But given when Amanitore lived, a more ancient Egyptian than Cleopatra as a competitor does not make sense, unless the scenario starts much earlier.

Zaarin, ferretbacon and Kimiimaro like this.
  3. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Thinking about it, I think the patch notes were only released after the livestream with Persia&Macedon? At least I remember them talking about the patch in the livestream (and how the lastbuilt-bug was fixed)...

Katakanja likes this.
  4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I thought we were expecting it this Thursday (the 27th) from what others have posted?

5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf King

Yes this Thursday. That is what i meant. Must be my poor english grammer. sorry.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  6. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

They already announced a livestream for tomorrow. I think it's safe to assume there's nothing else to be announced aside from patch notes, so this DLC include only Nubia and Amanitore (plus scenario, wonder and maybe other small stuff)

Uberfrog and RohirrimElf like this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes. I agree. I hope we get the patch notes in about an hour.

8. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I know bite was just being a good mod, but until we know the full extent of DLC5, it would have been better to keep the thread open.

Moderator Action: Please do not discuss mod actions in public threads. The easiest way to find out why he did what he did is simply to start a private conversation with him and ask him. leif

Hawke9 likes this.
  9. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

I wonder about the time frame of this scenario, because since the scenario seems to give a hint that the second leader might come from Egypt, we could pinpoint who that leader is.

10. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

Well imagine a pyramid surrounded by districts :D

11. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

The First Post has been updated with Nubia's info

CPWimmer and Leyrann like this.
  12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Ramesses II could be the second leader of Egypt, especially for the Gift of the Nile.

13. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf King

Where did the lifestream get announced? Could you give me a link or something specific?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

RohirrimElf likes this.
  15. Janskey

Janskey Prince

^
    https://twitter.com/FiraxisGames/status/889857006412156928

Didn't really expect Nubia, but it's always great to have some new leaders. The UU seems really OP, as if archer rush wasn't OP enough already. I just hope the AI can use them properly. It would be nice to have similar situations as in Civ V, where I'd discover a new continent and it was completely conquered by someone.

e. ninja'd

16. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf King

50% production towards ranged units. That is just insane as i think of it. That must be like 1 UU archer every 2 turns in the capital on Epic speed. Amazing defensive or attacking potential. (With the 50% boost from military card from ancient era)

Ozymandias9891 and slyone14 like this.
  17. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

I wouldn't worry about it, native English speakers do exactly the same thing all the time when they use this/next for specifying days of the week and end up confusing everyone :lol:

Leyrann, WillowBrook, nzcamel and 3 others like this.
  18. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Love the inclusion of Nubia. Everything about the civ, screams fun and a exciting game. I am wondering though, does the inclusion of Nubia, basically mean Ethiopia is out?

19. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

For Amanitore's agenda, I expect something like «dislikes civs that have too much unbuilt tiles»

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  20. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

In a game where we can have both Macedon and Greece as separate civs, I don't think we can use geographic proximity or shared cultural traits as a disqualifying factor in guessing what civs will be added to the game :crazyeye:

CPWimmer, Leyrann, nzcamel and 3 others like this.