NutraNES: Aros Arisen

Most excellent. If so, then I am willing to assume command, should the rest of the council agree.

Alright, three more Gods are up, all that are left are Hearth, Travel, and Sun/Moon. After that I'll post the history of the Corian/Gamien Wars are the Immortals remember it (but refuse to tell the people).

Sorry if this is redundant, but please post your voting decisions in a clear format and mark it in bold. Something like

On the matter of the generalship BLAHBLAH votes for BLAH
On the matter of the generalship of the navy BLAHBLAH votes for BLAH
On the matter of trade BLAHBLAH votes for BLAH
On the matter of refugees BLAHBLAH votes for BLAH
On the matter of the budget BLAHBLAH would like to see BLAH and BLAH happen
(you guys do not control the budget unless a 2/3 decision is met- otherwise it goes to the Council of Patricians who see to the needs of the people as they see fit, though generally what the Immortals wish is taken to heart even if it is not a uniformed wish; also remember that should your Immortal become the patron of one of the Patrician families you can count on them doing as you ask even if the Council of Immortals does not pass it)

On the matter of the generalship Epicurus votes for Aristomachus
-On the matter of the generalship of the navy Epicurus votes for Ichythos
-On the matter of trade Epicurus votes Yes
-On the matter of refugees Epicurus votes that they be given land on the other side of the river from the city so that they may be tasked with building new infrastructure.
-On the matter of the budget Epicurus would like to see more improvements such as farms and roads built on the other side of the river from the city. Also building some housing for the refugees may help.

OOC: So can we hope for more information on the other surviving Immortals in the near future (like what gods they are associated with and what they are notable for)? Are Lachykos and Zelotage combat-oriented?

Also, what about the magical items? Are things like my returning spear or erez's never ending pencil still there, but simply not magical enough to be mentioned?

IC:

On the matter of the generalship Aristomachos votes for Aristomachos (assuming he is allowed to do that).
On the matter of the generalship of the navy Aristomachos votes for Ichthyos.
On the matter of trade Aristomachos votes for a trade agreement
On the matter of refugees Aristomachos votes for allowing them to enter on the condition of joining the army for the duration of this war, and for granting them full citizenship after they prove themselves in battle (by fighting and not running away). Those who run away or refuse to join the army are to be considered intruders and treated accordingly.

Withholding budget vote for now (will probably support someone later to make a majority).

Doublepost

From what you guys remember Lachykos was a shifty, shifty bastard more prone to flee a fight and then stab you in the back. He did this often during the Corian/Gamien War. Zelotage was a priestly type who was widely believed to have been a favorite of the Gods, but that means diddlysquat now as you will learn when I post the history.

As for the magical items, I'll take them into consideration but they are not going to be counted in stats as I do not feel that it is exactly fair. Also- a never shortening pencil is kind of silly.

Nutranurse, I remember making an immortal at some point or another, can I get in now? If you can't find it, I'll dig it out of the development thread. If not, it's all good. :D

Done and done.

EDIT:

All the major gods are up.

From what you guys remember Lachykos was a shifty, shifty bastard more prone to flee a fight and then stab you in the back. He did this often during the Corian/Gamien War. Zelotage was a priestly type who was widely believed to have been a favorite of the Gods, but that means diddlysquat now as you will learn when I post the history.

As for the magical items, I'll take them into consideration but they are not going to be counted in stats as I do not feel that it is exactly fair. Also- a never shortening pencil is kind of silly.
It isn't silly for an immortal of literature and writing.

I guess a never ending pen would be better thought. More fitting to the age.

Well I was talking about how it has no real purpose. It is assumed that you always ALWAYS have something to write with around you- what's the point of a never shortening pencil/pen? It doesn't do anything particularly magical- it cannot reveal the future, it cannot change the wielder into some kind of beast, it cannot call animals or charm men, it doesn't grant bounties to whosoever owns it, and so and so forth. It's just a pencil/pen that never runs out.

Well I was talking about how it has no real purpose. It is assumed that you always ALWAYS have something to write with around you- what's the point of a never shortening pencil/pen? It doesn't do anything particularly magical- it cannot reveal the future, it cannot change the wielder into some kind of beast, it cannot call animals or charm men, it doesn't grant bounties to whosoever owns it, and so and so forth. It's just a pencil/pen that never runs out.
Well a never ending pencil can be an awesome weapon as it is sharp and indestructible.

It can be assumed that you always carry a dagger. It should never break because with knives, battles almost always end within around 5 seconds...

Well, personally I kinda like the idea of "personalised" magic items/weapons. And realistically an unbreakable writing implement is very valuable - those things didn't exactly grow on trees, and most metal weapons of the period have the annoying tendency to break or bend at the worst possible time. I'd argue that a returning spear can be pretty damn useful too in a wide variety of circumstances if you use your imagination. Which from what I recall was the original point of those things - to encourage and reward their creative usage...

Anyway, does this mean that we will be able to get "proper" magical items later on? Or are you thinking of scrapping that stat?

No, not scrapping the stat, when I say 'proper' I mean magical items that do rather amazing things and are story making/breaking.

Returning spears, unbreakable pencils, and the like are fine and dandy- I'll add them in as fluff, but do not think that they are the magical items that I have in mind!

Like I said, though, you could do some amazing stuff (to the point of making or breaking the story) with an unbreakable pencil or a returning spear, it's just a matter of how well you use it. :p I suppose what I'm curious about is how are we supposed to acquire them - a boon from the gods? A result of exploration?

You'll get them via random events, your own actions, and so on so forth. Between updates I'll have 'mini-updates' which will relate various events that happen to your Immortals as they go about their day and your decisions on these can also effect magical item acquisition.

Spoils of war can also yield magical items alongside the normal affair of gold, slaves, etc.

edit: Posted the history of the Gamien/Corian conflict as you guys (NOT THE PEOPLE) know it.

On the matter of the generalship Ichythos votes for Aristomachus
On the matter of the generalship of the navy Ichythos votes for Ichythos (If allowed)
On the matter of trade Ichythoss votes Yes
On the matter of refugees Ichythos votes that all refugees are to be made into slaves, some sold to the public, some kept from the government and put into stuff like army and such.
On the matter of the budget Ichythos would like to see more ships being built and dedicated sailors (People who enlist into the Aros military specifically to sail a ship), and training of special infantry that are speficlly used for sea-to-land invasions, just in case for any war, not nessercarly ours.

Epicurus retracts his support on Aristomachus as a general and abstains.

While I am certain about his prowess as a warrior, I am not so certain about his skills as a general.

Epicurus also suggests that the Immortals appoint one immortal to oversee how our budget is spent. Epicurus suggest Cedros for the task.

On the matter of the generalship Nukleos votes for Aristomachus
-On the matter of the generalship of the navy Nukleos votes for Ichythos
-On the matter of trade Nukleos votes Yes
-On the matter of refugees Nukleos votes that they be given land on the other side of the river from the city so that they may be tasked with building new infrastructure and to conscript some into the army
-On the matter of the budget Nukleos would like to see more improvements such as farms and roads built on the other side of the river from the city. Also building some housing for the refugees may help.

Nukleos votes for Nukleos to oversee the budget

On the matter of the generalship Artemacles votes for Aristomachos, with lieutenant positions of some sort for other Immortals with martial interest.
On the matter of the generalship of the navy Artemacles votes for Ichthyos, same concept for lieutenant positions for the immortals with naval interests.
On the matter of trade Artemacles abstains, no knowledge of trade.
On the matter of refugees Artemacles votes for gradualized incorporation into the populace. ( I like das's idea, but I think their incorporation should not be dependent on their actions in war)
On the matter of the budget Artemacles would like to see focus on fortification of infrastructure, even in the outermost aspects of the realm. Additional infrastructure could be added later, but if what is here isn't fortified, it'll just be destroyed later. fortify fortify fortify
. :)

Is the budget vote all-encompassing? Military and domestic? Are there other aspects that I'm not considering?

Top Bottom