NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Mine is located about 100 meters from the Shrine of Raj-Tol. Two icons do not fit on the map.

Don't worry about it NW, I have plans. next turn is winter right?

Don't worry about it NW, I have plans. next turn is winter right?

Yes, Winter. Winter is when Boars go into underground caves, Elks leave and forests will be filled with wolves. One immortal almost died going hunting all alone during winter - wolves are not as small as in our universe.

Northen, how severe is the winter? For example, there are several groups that we could attack, but I don't know if our 'army' could survive an extended campaign without proper gear (winter suits, tents, etc.)

Also, how far are the distances? For example, how long would it take to march an army from the village to the Gnoll's camp?

Northen, how severe is the winter? For example, there are several groups that we could attack, but I don't know if our 'army' could survive an extended campaign without proper gear (winter suits, tents, etc.)

Also, how far are the distances? For example, how long would it take to march an army from the village to the Gnoll's camp?

It takes at least a week to get army ready, more if you want to train them. It takes two weeks to march to Gnoll encampment and two weeks + more (if you carry loot) to get back. If you travel with haste you can reach to gnoll encampment within a week.

Temperatures vary from -10 to -25 C, That's rather cold, but orcs are tough and if equpped with winter coats they can fight/march during winter.

I think it would be wise to hunker down and attack in spring.

@Andis-1:
We can send one message back to the village of 'Gar. If there is anything you want me to include, please PM me what you would like to include.

@others:
You'll be able to write one response. I suggest you work together to include anything you want to include in your message as one whole message. Remember i am currently at a market area with the village money- so if there's anything you want to buy, consider putting that in your message.

Okay, so I’ve heard from Gurtak.

A wolf-riding goblin arrives in ‘Gar. He asks to speak to the shamans, overseer and immortals of the village. Once they are gathered he begins to recite a memorized message.

“A message from Chill Bill,

"Gurtak and I wish to inform you that we are fine and that all is well but we have urgent need to receive word from you, especially the wisdom of the shamans and elders.

"We trust the rider finds you well and if you have immediate need of us, please inform the rider as much and we will return presently.

"We find ourselves at the goblin villages and there is much to be seen and more to purchase here. Considering that we carry the riches of the village and that we can purchase goods here for much less than from the caravan, we offer to spend the village funds while we are here.

"Considering the way things have been lately, we have focused on finding weapons and in particular magic trinkets useful in battle so that we may secure ourselves against the many potential enemies that bay at our doors like the wolves of winter. We ask your permission to spend the village funds on a variety of weapons and trinkets including iron-headed arrows so that our hunters might be used as proper archers in battle, and a magic amulet capable of throwing fireballs and others.

"Is there anything else of particular need you wish?

"Having spoken of matters pertaining to business, let us now consider the nature of my mission. I have located the goblins responsible for stealing the knowledge of the monolith stones. Unfortunately they have sold the information to the Greenleaf tribe and so the information has been shared with others already. But fortunately, I have called upon the diplomatic contacts I have made during my stay amongst the Bloodoak tribes and they will ensure that the Greenleafs do not use the knowledge or share it.

"Which brings us back to the goblins who stole the secrets. Amongst the goblins tribes these are exiles and much hated by their race. The other tribes hate them for their willingness to steal property and secrets from them. This provides an opportunity for us. I have spoken with these goblin elders from various tribes and they have agreed to provide us with a sizeable contingent of goblin warriors to assist us in a raid upon the exile tribe as well as some magic trinkets (which I would like to buy from them, with your permission)to assist us. Between these goblins and their trinkets, our followers and ourselves, Gartuk and I have devised a plan to divide and destroy these vermin and make them pay for their treachery. As part of our deal with the goblins, they will recover their goods and we will gain some small treasures. The real advantage will be our chance to repay the goblins for their assistance against the humans who so recently gave us trouble and to secure our diplomatic standing with these traders.

"Unless I hear otherwise from you, I will proceed with the plan and Raj-Tol willing, we will return heroes of the goblin tribes.

"PS: Also please tell Magog that I have found a gift form him he will very much enjoy.

"Now unless you tuskers got some objection- i've been riding hard for almost a week and i got a hoarse throat from delivering 'ya tuskers yer message. Usually right about now my clients offer me something cool and strong to drink.... i was hoping you would maintain tradition."

From Stoll
To the Rest of the Villagers

Alright, listen up ye orcs wallowing in the mud...yes Nobbs, I am talking to you, GET UP! No, Roggs, you don't eat rocks, where the hell did you get that idea from? What? Somebody dropped a rock on you? My, of all the....

Oh shut up. LISTEN. Right now, a band of soldiers, 40 strong and 1 wizzy, is traveling towards the Mountain of Horror. They are disciplined. They are orderly. They are powerful. And they KNOW where they are going ...eh? Am I the overseer of their fan club or something? No, that would be your mother Jaggs.

I am talking about none other than a small army of Tauren that was spotted by shammies just the other week.

They have about 20 archers and 20, very powerful, soldiers. In addition, they have a very powerful wizard who can kill a flying bird with merely a gaze. We do not know what they are here for; they seemed to be aware of the undead village but seemed to completely ignore them. They may be going to kill the Gnoll Necromancer or they may come kill us. Because of this, I believe that I am forced to assume the worst case scenario in this case, and I am hereby putting this village under maximum alert.

All the wood gathered by our loggers shall be used to improve upon our defenses. A training field will be prepared by...well forget being precise here, soonish. Hopefully we may also be able to dig some defensive ditches around the wall. Hopefully all this activity will discourage the Tauren from invading our village.

Unfortunately the amount of intel that we can receive from the shamans are scarce; their wizard can detect any attempt to scry it and have the power to block our eyes in the sky. Therefore I suggest we put patrols near our village that will signal our village by lighting a fire if the Tauren draws close.

Oh, and pray to whatever deity you serve in order to not let the Tauren destroy our mines.

Thanks.

I will help the builders in constructing some basic defenses, as well as help clear out a new training grounds, my follower will help with the training grounds as well.

Stats are not done, but I'll try to finish them by Wednesday.

Orders due Saturday, unless you think it is too soon.

Wotepchu Broadhand will

Spoiler :
Continue to hang out with Shamans,

Continue tending to wounded greenskins for minimal fees, and

Followers are sent to gather specified herbs and bring them back to Wotepchu, perhaps for selling, probably for healing.

EDIT: Wotepchu chooses the mighty fist branch.

Here is my story to hopefully fulfill certain requirements:
The autumn air was getting colder every day as the onset of winter was closing in. Fortunately, the wolf-hide coat that the Leatherblades had made for Magog was indeed an excellent piece of craftsmanship. It would keep Magog quite warm this winter. In fact, Magog though he had the best coat in the tribe. It was true that the Leatherblades had created several other wolf coats of similar quality, Magog has seem the other coats and decided his was absolutely the best.

A tugging at the bottom of the coat shook Magog from his thinking. He looked down to to see a small wolf nipping gently at the edge of the coat. Magog had found the wolf pup in the empty den of a group of wolves that had been slain by a mysterious Orc priest. The shaman had told Magog that the pup was a female wolf and given her the name 'Kuna.' The name had stuck.

Magog thought it was—odd—that Kuna was tugging at the hide of what could very well have been her real mother. The dog stopped tugging at the coat and looked at him, tongue wagging. Magog knew the wolf's look. “You want eat?” Magog asked and Kuna raised up in anticipation. At the same time, Magog noticed a crowd gathering around a goblin that came into the village just now. Even Magog's new found follower headed over to the area to hear the news. Magog shrugged and started to go there himself when he felt the familiar tug. “Go—eat!” Magog said to the wolf, she was capable of finding food now so Magog wasn't worried.

Magog listened to the message and heard his named mentioned regarding a gift. His young org follower looked to him and asked, “A gift for you? What do you think it is?”

Magog shrugged. “He will show it to me when he returns. No reason to get big eyes now!”

Magog turned and walked leisurely away from the now dispersing group. He walked towards the Shaman's hut when he saw an Orc coming quickly towards him, quite clearly upset. The Orc hailed and waved to Magog to catch him. Magog noticed the Orc must be one of those new sheep-herders that tended to the sheep flock.

“You!” The Orc said angrily as he came up to Magog. “You and your wolf are in trouble!”

“We are?” Magog asked.

“Yes!” The Orc shouted. The Orc grabbed Magog's arm and pulled to indicate he should follow. “Your wolf got into the sheep pen and killed one of our sheep!”

Magog looked at his follower who shrugged. Magog followed the irate Orc to the sheep pen. Indeed, on one side was a tightly packed group of sheep, seemingly afraid; on the other side of the pend was a dead sheep with its entrails sticking out and happy little wolf eating away at the carcass.

“You are responsible for this!” The sheepherder said to Magog.

“Does tribe eat sheep meat?” Magog asked.

“Yes, of course!” The sheepherder said indignantly.

“Well, I am part of tribe, I can eat sheep meat, right?” Magog asked.

“Yes, of course!” The sheepherder responded.

“Well, Kuna is mine, which makes Kuna part of tribe.” Magog said with a smirk. “So Kuna can eat sheep too.”

“So—no problem.” Magog said in decisive fashion. Before the sheepherder could respond Magog turned around and walked away back to the village center. After a dozen steps he made a quick whistle sound and Kuna left her meal and followed.

Awesome, a story! Thank you for your time! We'll see what good it brings to you :) If you have something specific in mind, let me know via PM.

... Unfortunately the amount of intel that we can receive from the shamans are scarce; their wizard can detect any attempt to scry it and have the power to block our eyes in the sky. Therefore I suggest we put patrols near our village that will signal our village by lighting a fire if the Tauren draws close.

Ugag support this idea, and embiggen it. Ugag think militia should split into three squads, one sleep, one train, and one patrol. Also, Ugag think with dedicated training we need to specialize our soldiers. Ugag think balance of 70% melee, 25% ranged, and 5% scout good orcish balance, but also willing to hear out opinions if they cromulent.

Obviously, Ugag think training yard very high priority, then palisade and few watchtowers. Killing gnoll necromancer should wait until spring. We are strong, but not disciplined. Ugag make militia into army, then we march. Wwwwaaaaaaaghhh!

I am not worried about a Tauren attack. The wood should be used to build us better housing. We are still squished into very poor housing, it is not healthy when we are squished in all winter. Anyone is foolish to lead such and adventure now. We should hunker down, use the time we have to prepare for Spring.

I plan to continue to look after the pigs and the chickens. With luck the village will soon have many more of these animals and we will be happily stocked with meat and eggs.

I am not worried about a Tauren attack.

By all the gods and goddesses and demons and demonesses... THEIR ARMY VASTLY OUTPERFORMS OURS! :gripe:

By all the gods and goddesses and demons and demonesses... THEIR ARMY VASTLY OUTPERFORMS OURS! :gripe:

Stoll, you out of line. True, bull-mans are better armed and organized, but they bull-mans. We be Orcz, and we be mighty. Once I whip these militia pukes into army fit for Horde, we see who scares who.

With palisade and training ground, we can take bull-man army any day.

Indeed. Except we don't have the palisades and training grounds right now, and this one seems to suggest that the wood is better spent for better housing! By my recall, we should have enough houses to fit every sleeping orcs.

You have enough houses to fit every orc sleeping... in a "very tight formation". It's not good for your health, but it has to do.

BTW, as far as you know - Only Seon and hbar got special PM's about Tauren. - remember that

Stats will be late by a day - I actually almost finished doing them, but then hit control+wheel and lost unsaved data (read:all). Sorry for that.

Top Bottom