OCCC (One City Challenge Club) Bullpen

Hmm, tough choice, but if you're thinking of war I'd probably vote Shaka and keep spiritual for later. Also, agg will be useful through the ages while cataphracts are in (for me at least) the worst era for war. Though it would be interesting to see some experts (ie not me) fineness bulbing up to guilds really quick and then taking on the world when everyone else still has archers.

There's a worldbuilder save that you put in your WorldBuilder directory, then click Play Scenario

Thanks, I figured that out. I'm Already in a war with Julius!

Hmm, tough choice, but if you're thinking of war I'd probably vote Shaka and keep spiritual for later. Also, agg will be useful through the ages while cataphracts are in (for me at least) the worst era for war. Though it would be interesting to see some experts (ie not me) fineness bulbing up to guilds really quick and then taking on the world when everyone else still has archers.

Guilds by 1AD is possible. I jast made it. Beeline Metal Casting, whip forge, run engineer, Oracle-Machinery, research Writing, Monarchy, Masonry, Iron Working, bulb Feudalism, research Guilds. And it's game over! AI has only axes, swords and archers.

Guilds by 1AD is possible. I jast made it. Beeline Metal Casting, whip forge, run engineer, Oracle-Machinery, research Writing, Monarchy, Masonry, Iron Working, bulb Feudalism, research Guilds. And it's game over! AI has only axes, swords and archers.

I was thinking along the same sort of lines but oracle Feud and bulb Machinery. What GP did you use for Feud? I suppose some danger of GP contamination as well. Have to see how it goes in my game. :)

I was thinking along the same sort of lines but oracle Feud and bulb Machinery. What GP did you use for Feud? I suppose some danger of GP contamination as well. Have to see how it goes in my game. :)

Engineer can bulb Feudalism. You need to take Machinery from Oracle, because you must beeline Metal Casting(to run an engineer). Alternatively you can research Feu and bulb Guilds(most of it)

On my end I think this series is at an end. With Civ 5 coming out I am taking a summer sebatical from posting anything CIV. In addition we have a new puppy (Coonhound/Pointer/Great Dane mix) that is proving more difficult to tame than a raging Shaka on an Marathon speed map.

On my end I think this series is at an end. With Civ 5 coming out I am taking a summer sebatical from posting anything CIV. In addition we have a new puppy (Coonhound/Pointer/Great Dane mix) that is proving more difficult to tame than a raging Shaka on an Marathon speed map.

<cheesy star trek-style overacting on knees>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

</cheesy star trek-style overacting on knees>

;)

Ok, I'll bump this with an OCC challenge that has been forgotten about. An Always War Deity OCC by dualdoc

copy & paste said:
This is in BTS. You are Hannibal of Japan. There are the standard 6 AIs, all aggressive (Boudica, Genghis, Hammurabi, Montezuma, Shaka, and Tokogawa), with random civs. Since there is just one continent, they will all attack you with huge SODs throughout the game.

The challenge is to win by conquest (space would be too easy). The AIs are allowed to win by any method.

Is this impossible? With a random map, absolutely. Your city will get pillaged relentlessly and there is nothing you can do about it. To make it sporting, I borrowed an idea from the Age of Ice scenario. There is a mountain wall isolating you in a small protected valley in the NE corner of the map. There is a single pass through the mountain. Hold the pass and you can develop in peace. Lose the pass and you effectively lose the game.

You also start will a super city location with 11 resources plus 10 flood plains. That may sound like it would make the game too easy, but you will need it against the dieties. The valley has copper, iron, horses, elephants, coal, oil, and aluminum so you will be able to build any non-nuclear unit.
Deity OCC AW

I might try this but Hannibal of Japan is a strange combo. I'd almost rather have the protective trait here, but charismatic will help as well as financial.

Cripp...you could post this as a separate OCC challenge thread.

Also, one could possible take this save, convert it to WB, and change the leader for something different.

I might try this but Hannibal of Japan is a strange combo. I'd almost rather have the protective trait here, but charismatic will help as well as financial.

Cripp...you could post this as a separate OCC challenge thread.

Also, one could possible take this save, convert it to WB, and change the leader for something different.

I started a new thread on it, added the WB save but no change for the leader. With all the flood plain and cottages the financial trait works well here.

Top Bottom