October 2020 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

• Reduced the number of Spaceports an AI builds.

AI fixes are always welcome, but that one...:eek: I had already given up hope for this! :love:

Hmm, maybe I was a bit too fast with the praise...
Spoiler :

StillTooManySpaceports.jpg

Anyone else having seen the AI still doing this with the current patch?

Yeah this "no spying" thing on allies is a no-go for me. I appreciate what Firaxis wants to do, but rather than lock spies out completely they should have a set of more diplomatic missions that spies can use on allies.
  • Study Technology (Campus): works like steal tech boost, but maybe with a lower chance of success. Causes grievances on failure.
  • Recruit Partisans and Breach dam are axed for allies entirely. Instead at the Diplomatic Quarter: Consult with Allies - generates envoys on success. Slows envoy generation for X turns on failure.
  • Learn Local Traditions (Theater Square): Removes Loyalty Pressure on your cities from this city for X turns and generates GWAM points. On failure, slightly increases the Loyalty pressure from this city.
  • Steal Spaceship Plans (Spaceport): Provides a production boost to any spaceport projects you are currently running on success. Failure generates grievances.
  • Gain Sources and Listening Post remain the same.
  • Foment unrest and neutralize governor also disabled.
  • i;m not sure of a good alternative for the Industrial Zone mission.
  • International Commercial Talks (Commercial Hub): Provides you with gold on success but the other power with gold on failure.

It just seems like there needs to be a better fix than just disallowing any sort of agent activity. Yes spies are pretty exploitable currently, but that doesn't mean we should cut the whole feature out for allies.

Top Bottom