Odd beast found in South America

I saw it TV today (you could clearly see the claws). They were reporting claims that it's a chupacrabra.:rolleyes:

Compare the claws:

Some asshat killed a three-toed sloth (they're not hard to catch) then shaved it and video taped it.

AAAPEEEEEXXXXX

But seriously, it's just a shaved sloth. As to why someone would shave a sloth is a mystery to me.

However now that I look at it closely, the nose doesn't look like that of a sloth nor does it appear to have teeth.

Perhaps the byproduct of a forbidden love between a man and a sloth?! :eek:

It is quite possible that the sloth died naturally and fell into the water. Over time, the natural fur would thin out and the skin would become bloated in much the fashion observed. Depending on water quality, this could have accelerated the process.

What intrigues me is the possibility that if this was indeed alive and found in a lake, some villages somewhere are facing water contamination, a real story, and Star finds it more appropriate to create fiction when there is an actual fixable problem of note.

Hooray for las capitalistas.

I don't think Panama counts as South America.
Well, I've heard some say that Panama is split into North and South America by the Canal. Under that system it would be South America.

Well, I've heard some say that Panama is split into North and South America by the Canal. Under that system it would be South America.

The chances of The Sun being aware of the philosophical quibble are, well, it's late and I'm not going to calculate.

What amazes me is that people still take these reports of strange dead animals seriously. Decomposition does funny things, and skeletons with a bit of skin left on them look very different from the living creatures that gave them life with their deaths. In other news, The President was born in Hawaii and shadows play tricks on the mind.

its not a fake or a custom its a dead sloth that was floating in a lake for a few days

as you can see here in this comparison with a confirmed dead sloth they have the same claw

the story is fake though

Why does it have no fur?

Why does it have no fur?
Possibly it fell out, more likely it was shaved in order to sell a story to the Sun. I was thinking it looked like an unshelled turtle, but the sloth idea is far more likely.

Sorry about that, I don't really frequent these boards.

Well, as fake as TS is, I think it's still kind of odd. If it was a sloth, then why did it run out and attack people?

No video, no truth. Its the Sun.

If you were running a magazine, would "Dead Gollum found on beach" sell as well as "Gollum attacks children in Panama"?

How can it be a dead sloth if if apparently attacked them? Unless it was a zombie sloth... :scared:

How can it be a dead sloth if if apparently attacked them? Unless it was a zombie sloth... :scared:

Excellent application of Occam's Razor there. The rest of us have much to learn from your wisdom.

... Zombie Apocalypse bought on by sloths. Who would have thought?

Top Bottom