Official System Requirements

So here comes my "will it work on my computer" question:

Dual core 2.7 Ghz
4 Gb ram
ati radeon hd 4350

How well will it work (I assume I should be able to play it, but can I run it under the best graphics)?

You and I are close to in the same boat (you have a slightly better processor, I might have a slightly better GPU). Unfortunately, it sounds like we're going to be keeping our fingers crossed that it plays....we're right on the minimum. I'm going to wait for the demo to test how it does. I downloaded the demo of two different suggested games (that different people had suggested to try for a litmus test-specs-wise), Mafia 2 and Napoleon Total War. Both of those seemed to play well on my laptop so while I'm on pins and needles until Tuesday, I'm hopeful we can play with some semblance of 'average' settings.

So a "recommended" card would not necessarily be enough to run it with all the bells and whistles :mischief: Or could it have a software mode fallback?

No, the recommended cards are DX10, those would have to play the game with lower quality terrain. I will definitely take lots of comparison screenshots with the various tessellation settings once I have the game to find out how much difference there is, hopefully the demo will allow all the settings to work as I wont have the full game until the 24th.

The HD 3200 is an IGP that CAN use dedicated VRam. Most notebook models just won't use this.

Its a shame that Laptop manufacturers put weak graphics cards into most of their computers. Having dedicated instead of shared graphics really does help, it will also be interesting to find out how the lower end laptop GPUs like the 3200 perform once the game is released.

I don't know if anybody has noticed this already, but the Civ5 manual has a system requirements list on page 4. The only differences I see are that the Minimum Processor has been specified (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHZ) and the Recomended Processor has been changed to a 2.4 GHZ Quad Core from a 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU.

I pulled the contents of this spoiler from the Civ5 Pdf page 4.
Spoiler :
System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHZ
Memory: 2 GB of RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or
Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX® DirectX® version 9.0c
Internet Connection: Required for initial game validation and multiplayer games
Recommended System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Graphics: 512 MB ATI 4800 or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 or better
Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection recommended

This is from the first post of this thread.
Spoiler :
Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

sysrequirements says my cpu is too slow i got a dual core (intel core2 duo) 2.13 intel 6430
tho all my other specs are good

I don't know if anybody has noticed this already, but the Civ5 manual has a system requirements list on page 4. The only differences I see are that the Minimum Processor has been specified (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHZ) and the Recomended Processor has been changed to a 2.4 GHZ Quad Core from a 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU.

The dual core specification update was already posted somew time ago here in the thread and on the official homepage. I think the "2.4 Quad" was meant as "C2Q Q6600 or better". Then the mobile i7 quads hit the market and they had to think up something new ...

Anyone ever use this site for gauging their their cards? I only ask because my G3D rating is in the ballpark of the minimum requirements...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

Nope. Seeing that that list goes back all the way to the GeForce DDR (and list that one as as one par with some current IGPs :lol:), this benchmark will not be using modern Shader functionality. It might be useful to find out how much faster modern cards are at ancient games, but will not be a good indicator for modern games ;)

I have to buy new pc for the game, my game is preordered, so hope it will come soon:) I am considering these 3 options, which one (if any) would be good and reliable? I want to play huge maps. or if you have any other suggestion. It cannot be deskop, since i need to travel a lot.

ASUS G73JW-TZ054Z
Processor: Intel Core i7 740QM, 1.73 GHz, gMB L3 Cache, 4 cores, thread, intel turbo boost 2.93 GHz, Max TDP 34W,
RAM: 8 (4 +4) GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460M s 1.5 GB , GDDR5

TOSHIBA Satellite P500-1F1
Processor: Intel Core i5 450m 2.4 gHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores, 4 threads
RAM: 4 (2 + 2) GB DDR3 1066 MHz
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330mm with 1024 MB memory

Toshiba Qosmio X500-11Z
Processor: Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 gHz, 6MB L3 cache, Intel turbo boost 2.8GHz
RAM: 4 (2 + 2) GB DDR3 1066 MHz
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360mm with 1GB memory

thank you

Dear All - could you tell me if it would be possible to get Civ 5 working on these specs. Not bothered about playing at lower resolution etc.

Optiplex 760 (Ultra Small Form Factor)
4GB RAM
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
integrated Intel GMA 4500 graphics
Windows Vista Business

I am guessing the graphics are not up-to scratch... I have not been able to find a definitive answer about whether a graphics card to support Civ 5 requirements is available for the limited space in this PC. Can anyone suggest one?

Many thanks for your help, Simon

Dear All - could you tell me if it would be possible to get Civ 5 working on these specs. Not bothered about playing at lower resolution etc.

Optiplex 760 (Ultra Small Form Factor)
4GB RAM
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
integrated Intel GMA 4500 graphics
Windows Vista Business

I am guessing the graphics are not up-to scratch... I have not been able to find a definitive answer about whether a graphics card to support Civ 5 requirements is available for the limited space in this PC. Can anyone suggest one?

Many thanks for your help, Simon

Significant probability of it not working at all, no possibility to add a dedicated video card.

Significant probability of it not working at all, no possibility to add a dedicated video card.

tokala: Crushing CIV 5 dreams since 2010... :p

Hi all,

Bit of a numpty when it comes to graphics cards. Was just wondering whether my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 is likely to work? All my other specs are above the minimum. Any advice appreciated.

none of those GPUs are even remotely close to recommended

I don't know if anybody has noticed this already, but the Civ5 manual has a system requirements list on page 4.

Sorry, fixed it.
If you see something so important, then please report the post. With the current increase in activity we can't monitor everything.

Hi all,

Bit of a numpty when it comes to graphics cards. Was just wondering whether my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 is likely to work? All my other specs are above the minimum. Any advice appreciated.

For a nice graphics card reference please look here (Link has been added to the opening post).
Your card is not listed there, but the 4650 (which is a bit better than yours) is direclty below the recommend reqs.

Your card is not listed there, but the 4650 (which is a bit better than yours) is direclty below the recommend reqs.

Thanks for that, it gives me some hope that I'll be able to play. I'll see how the demo runs and go from there. :goodjob:

what about my amd phenom II X6 1055t with 4 gigs of ram and a 512 radeon 4870? any good?

Thanks for that, it gives me some hope that I'll be able to play. I'll see how the demo runs and go from there. :goodjob:

I have the same card as you. Per some of these guys' advice, I downloaded Mafia 2 (near same requirements as CIV) and from everything I could tell it played fine. I'm going to definitely buy the game on Tuesday, but I'm going to download and try the demo before I crack that puppy open. Keep your fingers crossed. I will be a seriously sad dude if it doesn't work....

what about my amd phenom II X6 1055t with 4 gigs of ram and a 512 radeon 4870? any good?

It's fine, your GPU is above recommended specs and the CPU is way above recommended

Top Bottom