Oh, the weather outside is...

A glorious day.

1709026533399.png

Currently around +20C, but within hours we're going to drop below freezing with around 20cm of snow forecast:
Syracuse is expected to hit a record-high 70 degrees today, for the second day in a row -- in late February. And within hours, winter will roar back with damaging winds and lake effect snow that could last through the day Thursday. In one thin strip, nearly a foot of snow could fall, the National Weather Service says. “There is a risk of near-blizzard conditions at times in the heaviest snow bands.,” the snow warning said. The high wind warning starts at 2 p.m. today; the lake effect snow warning runs from 10 tonight until 7 p.m. Thursday.
Below is a pic of where the lake effect snow band is supposed to form. 11 inches over 20 hours typically isn't that much for us, but considering this is our first big snowfall in months there'll probably be some fender benders on the roads tomorrow....
Winter returns with a vengeance.png

Lousy Smarch weather.
First snow of the winter on March 1st.

We've had quite a bit of snow in the last few days. It's inconvenient for me to go to the mall tomorrow, but we honestly do need it.

Weird weather. Raining cats and dogs since the morning, then a hour or two of golden sunshine, now raining cats and dogs again

Weird weather. Raining cats and dogs since the morning, then a hour or two of golden sunshine, now raining cats and dogs again

We had unexpected snow last night, though after some afternoon sleet, it's all gone now. Very rare in early March, though!

It's supposed to hit 70 on Monday. Spring is definitely trying to burst forth, though so far all its attempts have been short-lived, and the trees haven't been fooled.

I'm hoping for one last resurgence of winter later in the week. Spring skiing will be fun even it doesn't come to pass, but another half-foot of snow like we had in mid-February would be delightful.

Spoiler :

raining-cats-and-dogs.jpg

We're going through another cold snap. Note to self: When going outside in -27C with wind chill, put hat and gloves on BEFORE exiting the building.

My hands started freezing in less than a minute. :cringe:

That hurts.

'Bat bins' on stand-by at WOMADelaide with heatwave forecast for festival long weekend
WOMADelaide organisers say they have 'bat bins' on stand-by to remove bat carcasses from the festival ground, with forecasters predicting a heatwave for most parts of South Australia.

WOMADelaide director Ian Scobie said a sprinkler system had been installed in trees at Botanic Park and would operate from 6am to 6pm each day to keep the bat colony cool and prevent them from getting distressed.

Iguanas dropping from trees in the US, bats falling from the sky in Adelaide.
Sounds like he's undead. Again!

It's not the max. temperature that's unbearable, it's the night-time minimum and no breeze.
Heading for 41C in about 12 hours. (Singing: It's raining bats, Hallelujah!)
4:00am 30.5
3:30am 30.4
3:00am 29.8
2:30am 30.7
2:00am 30.7
1:30am 30.5
1:00am 30.7
12:30am 30.0
12:00am 28.4

^It's a chilly winter day here, but I would not trade with you.

It's 281 degrees and sunny today. Pretty nice. I wore my coat early this morning, but I didn't need it when I went out for a walk at lunchtime.

281 kelvin. About 46F/8C.

32C at 10pm, heading for 38C tomorrow.
Another day that you'd like to see the English cricket team spend a whole day out in the field at the Adelaide Oval (the prettiest cricket ground in the world). Advantage to the batting side because they wear helmets.

It snowed yesterday. I am actually not upset about this, due to the drought that's expected later this year.

I will only be upset if it snows on Monday (the eclipse is happening Monday morning in this time zone) and on April 17, when I have to go somewhere.

Stormy day here in the west of Ireland.
A bit late for a winter storm but my power has just gone.

Top Bottom