Oh, the weather outside is...

That is very rare in Portugal. Problem is the whole country seems highly flamable and probably is going to burn. At the very hot regions in Spain otoh, as Seville or Cordoba they live above 40 most of the summer, sometimes reaching near 50. But most people have AC at home, even poor people, and stone floors. Fortunately i live at the Atlantic coast, so only 30-35 here.

So far this summer has been more bearable than last year because it's been raining at least once a day.

And it's been brought to my attention for the umpteenth year that even though it might be 30C outside, due to the hypothyroidism my feet still feel like they're freezing.

The heat has passed and we're back to ~15C temperatures. That's very nice, specially at night. But I'm sure I'll start to miss it eventually.
Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nopenopenope.
I don't miss any temperature above 28°C. And it's 38 right now. Now way I'll ever, ever miss such hell.

38C will indeed always be terrible unless you're a lizard. High 20's can swing both ways. Some times it's nice, some times it's not. Depends on your schedule.

Weather is very problematic. A lot of VERY heavy rain here. In all past years it only rained heavily for a few days in the end of August, and then it only lasted half an hour each time.
This year the rain is like a monsoon, lasting many hours.

In general there have been rare weather phenomena, eg snowfall for an entire week is rare in this city (some snowfall during Winter is normal, but not for that long) and heavy, persistent rains in the summer again are quite rare.

Temperature hasn't been that higher than normal for the summer, ie at around 30-35 degrees C.

It's been pleasantly warm in August in Ohio, as compared to the usual oppressively warm. The year in general has tended towards the cooler side; winter lasted longer than any of the past 30 years (and though snowfall was not that high, we did have a couple very late - mid and late April - snowfalls), and summer has been much better than the past few years. But the few years before that had all tended towards the hot side - the winter before we hardly got any snow at all, and it warmed up into the 70s in February, and never really got below freezing again after that. So it's nice to know that the planet hasn't warmed up so much that a tolerable summer is impossible.

Today was nice and sunny, so I went out biking, but didn't check the forecast. Got trapped in a downpour in the last half hour! Oh well, it was a fun ride and the downpour made it more memorable. Hadn't ridden in that heavy of rain since the remnants of Hurricane Katrina came through, but while that was a cold and miserable rain, this rain was a reasonable temperature and made it easy to stay cool.

The heatwave is FINALLY abating. Still 30°C in the flat at night, but it dropped to 25°C outside, and there was some breath of air.
Today the temperature is becoming tolerable (I can leave the window of the office opened without feeling a gust of heat entering) and rain is expected this afternoon.
I have survived it !

Maybe, but remember: whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger. :mwaha:

Winter is coming!!! It's going from the mid 90s today to the mid 80s tomorrow. :(

We had a perfect day
After a night with lots of rain, a day with clouds for less sunlight and now a clear sky of the evening sun and hopefully a clear cooling night.
FC for the night is only 13 C !!!

Temperatures are finally below 30°C two days in a row. Just 21°C today. Yesterday was very cloudy and it looked like it might rain, but no luck. Now the sky is relatively clear.
Pretty nice day.

For July we had twice the normal July amount of rainfall. As well as being above average heat.

The smoke from the forest fires in British Columbia got here 2-3 days ago. The sky has alternated between grey and beige, and the Sun was bright red last night, shining through a smokey grey-beige haze. The temperature wasn't too awful during the day, but late afternoon-night was definitely very awful.

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I need the window open to alleviate the stuffiness, but the smoke is making me cough (along with the dust from the parking lot being ripped up and redone; they started up bright and early at 7 am this morning). I keep it open as long as I can stand it, but have to close it every so often.

There's an Environment Canada warning for this region:
Environment Canada said:
Smoke is causing poor air quality and reducing visibility.
Rain showers will help improve conditions tonight and Sunday.

There's not much likelihood of rain tonight, though. It's cooled down to 27C (it was over 37C last night, and it even seemed too hot to have a light on, so I just kept the blinds open and navigated by whatever street lights were on nearby).

The wind has picked up, so that's why it's cooler today. Normally I'd hope for rain, but the more it rains, the longer it'll take to finish the parking lot. I want that done ASAP, as it's a real inconvenience, not being able to have deliveries, pickups, and dropoffs in the front of the building.

The southwest monsoons continue to blow. Occasional rainstorms sure, but mostly just cloudy days. And wind, wind, and more wind, called here "habagat wind." These winds even inspired in me a title for another private-detective story: "Wicked Blows the Habagat Wind." To be utterly truthful, habagat wind is not wicked, just very very annoying. :mad:

Once the temperature dropped so low, I eschewed my usual walking shorts and put on a pair of blue jeans. People were shocked. :eek2:

What a difference a day makes. The temperature is so much cooler now, to the point that it's late September temperatures outside, and the Sun hasn't set yet.

The air is still smokey, though, and we were told that because of the smoke, the temperatures might drop. I wasn't expecting this much, though. It's 9C out now, expected to drop to 7C overnight. That's cold for this time of year.

The wind has picked up, sunset is more normal-colored, rather than bright red, and it rained last night for about 5 minutes (lots of thunder, though).

:eek: See? Statements like this are why I live in the Philippines. Although I love Canada and I love Scandinavia, you folks are living in a refrigerator! :scared:
This isn't normal for mid-August. There's a lot of smoke from the forest fires in BC, and we've been getting it for the past several days. So temperatures went from high 30s to temperatures I'd expect 6 weeks from now. Between lack of normal sunlight and the wind, that's why it's so chilly now.

Things should get back to normal fairly soon.

Right in time for fall (which comes about 3 weeks sooner here than the calendar says). :p

Top Bottom