Oh, the weather outside is...

We're in a multi day pattern of scattered showers, locally heavy enough to cause flooding.

I woke up to fog this morning. The smoke warning is gone from the Weather Network, but it's still a chilly morning... 5C

The record-breaking heat wave shows no sign of stopping. The weathermen at this point are admitting defeat on live TV and explaining that their models have been predicting rain for weeks but have been so wrong that they are just kind of winging it. :lol:

Last week was horrible for smoke as a crazy person started a massive fire just outside of town. I have a picture of it but it doesn't do the smoke justice. Everything was crazy orange haze and gray.

We had a wonderful beach day on Sunday, when it was predicted to rain but didn't. Then woke up on Monday morning to "is there a hurricane happening that we didn't know about?"

We had blue sky yesterday for the first time in over a week. It must have rained last night (puddles on the ground), but not enough to notice.

Everything's grey and dusty again today, with a touch of smoke from the fires.

The smoke was much worse yesterday. We had a province-wide smoke advisory.

This is what it looked like in Edmonton and this is what it looked like in Calgary.

I don't have photos of Red Deer but since we're basically halfway between Edmonton and Calgary, just imagine the same conditions but without skyscrapers or freeways.

We're getting this smoke from forest fires hundreds of miles to the west. I can't imagine what it's like to actually be where the fires are.

Yesterday afternoon we had terribly hazy skies with much reduced visibility: Smoke from the California fires a thousand miles away. :(

The smoke from the BC fires has reached Manitoba, and even parts of Ontario are noticing it.

Got a little rain during our camping trip over the weekend: it was a slow moving storm so the dog and I heard it coming thru the woods. I went to the car to get my rain gear and the dog was right behind me: she hopped into the car and didn't come out till the next morning. Here's some pics from the deluge:

Rain 1.png
More Rain.png

And the after effects.png

Last edited:
That looks positively miserable. Camping in heavy rain is a terrible thing.

Weather has been a complete hell for the past few days. 35+ the day, 26+ the night.
Yesterday was especially heinous, with my room being at 31 during the night. Yep, over 30°C AT NIGHT.
That's been the past 7 weeks for me.

I haven't walked to work in 2 months due to the extreme heat and air pollution from the fires. This really sucks, I can't wait for winter and hopefully lots of rain.

It's the Heroes Day holiday and there was supposed to be an all-day disco with blaring music on the basketball court next to my house. :mad:

It's 09:20, and a tropical downpour has made things very quiet. :nya:

Top Bottom