Oops! - United States border guard 'shoots one Mexican boy dead'

Try looking up information on riots or protests. They are full of examples of cops being hospitalized because they got hit by thrown rocks.
I bet some of them even retire on full disability after being subjected to such serious injuries while wearing riot gear that fully protects their heads.

You dont think a 14 year old can fling a rock hard enough to break your skull?
It can even poke your eye out. I guess you must have missed that part. :lol:

Or, you could go with the common sense answer and simply admit, yeah, getting hit in the head with a rock can kill you, even if its flung by a teenager.
So it makes it "common sense" to execute any Mexican kid who apparently runs away from and then supposedly throws a rock at a Border Patrol agent from a distance. Gotcha.

It can even poke your eye out.

Losing an eye not a serious injury to you?

So it makes it "common sense" to execute any Mexican kid who throws a rock at a Border Patrol agent. Gotcha.

Again, Form, I know your're quite serious about words and what they mean. This wasnt an execution by any correct definition of that word.

This is hardly the first, nor will it be the last time, that someone gets shot for throwing rocks at a someone with a gun. Its self-defense, regardless of what you think of the lethality of the situation, and even then, its just a click away to see examples where people can be injured or even killed by thrown rocks. You trying to be sarcastic about it isnt helping your position any, to be honest, since it does absolutely happen.

Losing an eye not a serious injury to you?
I agree. The cops should use deadly force on anybody armed with a BB gun or even a pair of blunted children's scissors. After all, this agent's health and well-being is far more important than some 15-year-old Mexican "felon" who has the temerity to run away and supposedly throw a rock at him. :lol:

http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?s=12638220

EL PASO, Texas (AP) - The FBI has opened a civil rights probe against a Border Patrol agent who shot and killed a 15-year-old Mexican boy at the boundary with Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Friday.

Mexican prosecutors, meanwhile, are investigating the case as a homicide, raising the possibility that the agent could also face charges in Mexico, although it is unlikely the U.S. would agree to extradite him.

The fate of the agent could range from being cleared of all wrongdoing to a charge of homicide. Prosecutors in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua have concluded Hernandez's death was an intentional homicide and charges should be filed against the perpetrator, said Alejandro Parientes, the regional state deputy attorney general. However, state authorities have turned the case over to the federal prosecutors for further investigation and a final decision. The federal Attorney General's Office said there would be no public comment while the investigation continues.

Parientes said his investigation concluded the agent fired his weapon from the U.S. side of the border, but because Hernandez died on the Mexican side, Mexican courts have jurisdiction.

"The homicide had its consequences in Mexican territory," Parientes said. "What I can say is that we have enough evidence to file homicide charges in a Mexican court."

If it is true that they were surrounding the officer and stoning him, I can't fault him for firing. Regardless of what some people may believe, being torn apart by an angry mob and/or being stoned to death can be a real danger to one's life.

If it is true that they were surrounding the officer and stoning him, I can't fault him for firing. Regardless of what some people may believe, being torn apart by an angry mob and/or being stoned to death can be a real danger to one's life.

Even though the video is crappy and doesn't show the whole story by any means, it does however seem to show that the suspects were not exactly surrounding the officer.

The Border Patrol Agent, by the nature of his job, is violating Levitican principles on the treatment of foreigners. Perhaps the stoning is Biblically justified.

@Formaldehyde
You don't seem to realize the very real threat an officer faces from being hit in the head or in the eye socket from a rock.

If an officer gets hit in the head or an eye while attempting to apprehend a suspect or suspects, he would be in a very bad situation, even a very serious life threatening situation. If he gets hit by a rock (or any object) to the head or eye he will at least get stunned, but maybe even knocked out. Do you know what happens when an officer gets knocked out or stunned while attempting to apprehend a suspect? he loses the upper hand and the suspect can overpower him. And I'm sure you know what can happen if an officer gets over powered by a suspect(s), you would have no trouble finding statistics on that.

I assume that the lone bicycle mounted border guard was on the border trying to stop people crossing the border.

People can throw stones 50-100m.

A would assume that the idea of a bicycle mounted patrol is that they can travel quietly with relative speed along the border to spot for vehicle mounted units.

Why not move back 100m north of the boarder out of range of the stone throwers and call for the vehicle mounted units and get the area commander to contact the Mexican Police.

The Border Patrol Agent, by the nature of his job, is violating Levitican principles on the treatment of foreigners. Perhaps the stoning is Biblically justified.
Perhaps stoning should be brought back as a common punishment, as Formaldehyde has revealed that it poses no serious threat of injury.

@Formaldehyde
You don't seem to realize the very real threat an officer faces from being hit in the head or in the eye socket from a rock.
Oh, I "realize the very real threat" all right.:lol:

I just don't think it is apparently an excuse to execute a 15-year-old because he ran from you. And here's hoping the FBI and Mexican authorities agree with me on this so the bigger criminal can be brought to justice.

I just don't think it is apparently an excuse to execute a 15-year-old because he ran from you. And here's hoping the FBI and Mexican authorities agree with me on this so the bigger criminal can be brought to justice.

Again with the wrong word. This wasnt an execution. The kid wasnt in the control of the police officer at any time.

Anyway, what will your feelings be if the border patrol agent is found to have used appropriate force since he was getting pelted with rocks?

Top Bottom