Optional Modules Request Thread

Sephi

Deity
Please post Optional Modules requests in this thread.

An Optional Module is a small modification that either adds,modifies or removes a game element. An Optional Module should be made true modular. That way it has to be done only once and never needs an update to work with a later Wildmana Patch. Most XML works true modular, for python often workarounds are necessary ;).

Examples:
- A module that adds a Spell
- A module that modifies the tech prereq of a Unit
- A module that removes a Spell from the game by setting its Prereqtech to TECH_NEVER (not everyone likes Stasis :lol:)

Multiplayer:
- Everyone needs the same Optional Modules installed

Keep in mind, the Requests are "to the community", so unless your requested module is very quick to do or you find someone who also likes the idea you might have to code it yourself. (XML is pretty easy though, don't worry)

How to install:
download the Optional Moduleszip file and move the Folders of the Modules you want to use into FFH Wildmana\Modules\Optionalmodules folder.

List of Current Modules:

Add Stuff:
  • make hidden GameOption No Inflation visible (author Sephi)
  • make hidden GameOption No WarWeariness visible (author Sephi)

Modify Stuff:
  • CreationMana - makes Creation Mana buildable on raw mana nodes like other mana (author Sephi)
  • ForceMana - makes Force Mana buildable on raw mana nodes like other mana (author Sephi)
  • IceMana - makes Ice Mana buildable on raw mana nodes like other mana (author Sephi)
Remove Stuff:
  • NoAustrin - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoFaeries - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoIllians - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoJotnar - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoMazatl - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoScions - set the Civ to not playable (author Sephi)
  • NoStasis - removes the Worldspell from the Game (author Sephi)

If you are taking requests then I would love to be allowed to block the Illians, then maybe I can use World spells again :)

so put down one request for:

• NoIllians - set the Civ to not playable

I'd like a module similar to the Improvements Without Techs option, but only for Mana Nodes. I like to get my raw mana set up before researching Divination or whatever, rather than keep a bunch of adepts waiting around the nodes. The mana isn't connected until the requisite tech is researched, and that's fine. The IWT option kind of kills the AI, since all their workers just build a bunch of windmills and wither away.

you want no Illians or no Stasis?

No Illians.

I thought that I just hate Statis, but it turns out that I also hate their uber ice tera-forming as well.

At the moment I just go to the WB to delete them, but having the option to just not allow them from the start would be great.

does anyone else share Hellsau's opinion that improvements without techs kill the AI? I remember it used to in FF, but I haven't seen issues in WM and I like the option. I don't wanna handicap the AI though. thoughts?

No inflation was a hidden option in FfH. I haven't checked in Wildmana, but I can see very little reason why that option shouldn't be exposed, letting players choose whether or not they have inflation in the game or not, rather than having to change the XML to do so.

The capacity for using Espionage Points was removed somewher in the .3x cycle, as it was blocked in the .dll. I'm guessing that was done as an efficiency thing (why bother running a bunch of checks for a facility you're never going to use) but in doing so, it removed the capacity to hack the xml and re-add passive espionage. Any chance for that block is to be removed, so passive espionage I can re-employ passive espionage.

another nice gameoption that's hidden is the one that makes it so that buildings don't get destroyed on city capture. could also be a nice unique trait for a civ or a leader.

since wildmana focuses much more on barbarians/animals i would like to see an optional module which removes the experience hard cap (100) from barbarians/animals.

Can NormalModules be modified through Optionalmodules? I would like to make an optional module that makes some changes to the Protector, Destroyer and Omnipotence promotions of Arcane Mastery.

[to_xp]Gekko;9127098 said:
another nice gameoption that's hidden is the one that makes it so that buildings don't get destroyed on city capture. could also be a nice unique trait for a civ or a leader.

Hmm I looked for that one to enable it for myself, but it is not there (CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml).

If you are taking requests then I would love to be allowed to block the Illians, then maybe I can use World spells again :)

so put down one request for:

• NoIllians - set the Civ to not playable

If you don't like the Illians, all you have to do is select "Custom game" and avoid them when you choose your opponents. And for the world spell: it is only for 20 turns in a 660 turn (normal) game that you cannot use your world spell due to Stasis, which is about 3% of the length of the game (in turns). They turn tiles into snow, yes, but that's nothing a few adepts with access to fire and some druids, or arch mages, or the Genesis can't fix. the Malakim turns tiles into desert and then you have hell terrain from the Hyborem. The Illians are not the only ones ruining the environment. The Illlians don't deserve their bad reputation :)

added noIllians, noStasis and two Modules that make Hidden scenario gameoptions visible.

Gekko that Gameoption never existed (or if it did it was broken as hell). What you could do is to make a module that sets the capture probability of all non civ specific buildings to 100 if you really want that.

since wildmana focuses much more on barbarians/animals i would like to see an optional module which removes the experience hard cap (100) from barbarians/animals.
you can modify that number in the globaldefinesalt.xml (see modmodding thread)

Can NormalModules be modified through Optionalmodules? I would like to make an optional module that makes some changes to the Protector, Destroyer and Omnipotence promotions of Arcane Mastery.
Optionalmodules should be loaded after normalmodules and be able to modify Normalmodules.

I'd like a module similar to the Improvements Without Techs option, but only for Mana Nodes. I like to get my raw mana set up before researching Divination or whatever, rather than keep a bunch of adepts waiting around the nodes. The mana isn't connected until the requisite tech is researched, and that's fine. The IWT option kind of kills the AI, since all their workers just build a bunch of windmills and wither away.

I guess this can be done modular. Just needs to give all mana build orders a different techprereq.

If you don't like the Illians, all you have to do is select "Custom game" and avoid them when you choose your opponents.

Yes that is true, but I dont mind any of the other civs and it would be a shame to have to manually pick all your opponents all the time.

And for the world spell: it is only for 20 turns in a 660 turn (normal) game that you cannot use your world spell due to Stasis, which is about 3% of the length of the game (in turns).

If you like to sit and press enter for 20 turns while not being able to research or build anything then that is not my experience.

They turn tiles into snow, yes, but that's nothing a few adepts with access to fire and some druids, or arch mages, or the Genesis can't fix.

Great. One game I had a literal army of mages, archmages and liches running aroung teraforming my entire empire because the deepening had converted a large amount to either ice or tundra and the Genesis ritual does nothing.

Then I realised that I could have been using that army to actually conquer someone instead :lol:

the Malakim turns tiles into desert and then you have hell terrain from the Hyborem. The Illians are not the only ones ruining the environment. The Illlians don't deserve their bad reputation :)

The Malakim only convert their own terrain not everyone elses.
The Hyborem have their own issues, especially if you have converted to the Cult of Esus, but their hell terrain also does not spread into your empire unless the AC is high enough.
The Illians are the only ones with a worldwide ritual to change your terrain to crap and there is nothing you can do about it.

They definitely deserve their reputation.

Suggestion to module: "Nerfing Cottage spam strategy"
I really dont like cottage spam strategy, also landscape looks weird with towns on every spot(in fantasy mod). Is it possible to create limit for cottage placement like for fishing villages?
Limit for cottage placement should be like this:
cottage cannot be build in first circle of BFC and cottage cannot be placed next to each other.
Using this formula landscape looks more cool(fantasy) with town here and there, rather than ugly crowded areas.

Top Bottom