Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ahwaric

I didn't mean to say it is such a major problem and indeed it doesn't warrant an emergency patch.

Another minor issue.. the icons above the city bar don't show up .. I think this is because Orbis adds a lot of resources, and corporations. This may miss-up the game fonts file.

Just starting to play ORBIS-- very cool modmod!!!

Are the Amurites suppose to be able to build Battering Rams? According to the help text, it's Khazad (if they go into the forests), but I can build them at each and every city as Amurites.

Also- holy Griffons batman!!!! I can throw 5-7 Hunters at them, and even with a forest bonus of 30%+, I still get defeated across the board, even with the 50% extra vs animals. Or, does the 50% bonus not apply to Griffons? IE- are they not animals? the XML tags imply they are, but I'm not very modding proficient. To that point, I tried changing the str to 4 for Griffons in the XML file, but it doesn't seem to propogate to a save game either: is there more than 1 location to change it? Or am I FUBAR? :rolleyes:

yes they are, every race in orbis can make battering rams, but besieging a city is much tougher

Griffons do seem to spam a lot in orbis... i think they are working on it, just leave em be till you can handle them properly

About griffons, I think they have a bonus against recon units so hunters are not good against them. I usually ignore their nests till I get Archers or better Trebs. I would then range bombard their sorry a--es and clean up with any unit.

yes they are, every race in orbis can make battering rams, but besieging a city is much tougher

Ah-- then the 'bug' (albeit not a true bug) is the SidHelpText is a bit off. Good to know now that Seige is tougher in Orbis-- haven't got that far yet as to need to assault a town.

As to Griffons- I have 3 within the cultural borders of my kingdom and they picked off some workmen I had though safe since they didn't seem to move once 'nested'. I wish I could let them be, but have thrown stacks of warriors, scouts and hunters in efforts to dislodge them. Doesn't help that some are in hills/forests etc for defense assist too... :cry:
Odd too that Griffons in the XML do not have any default AI behavior like wolves or bears, unless it's simply due to my lack of XML skills.

-Z

I'm having the problem with the icon bars over the city names on the main map not showing up. It makes managing religions kinda a pain, and when a city is in revolt it is putting up large white lines on my screen.

Before I get to my 'bug' I want to ask a general question for you all out there that may know computers better than I. I have an older (Xmas 2004) HP Pavillion laptop w/XP that was pretty pimped out for the time.

I find I get graphic crashes in most games unless I keep the world at small or less and keep my graphics pretty basic. It doesn't always happen, but often enough. I envy those who can play on huge/gigantic maps with 15+ civs. I'm lucky to have 6 plus the Infernals and Basium. Anyway, one thing I find odd though, is that often times a game will be doing well even late in the game, but after shutting it down for the night, when I boot back up, the game will often have problems very quickly. This confuses me since I would think it would be the opposite; rebooting would clear out the memory and such.

Anyway, I decided to try a huge map on quick with all my graphics on their typical 'low' and everything was okay but then suddenly I 'lost' all my cottages. They are all still there if you mouse over the tile, but the graphics have disappeared. The only thing I can remembering happening within a reasonable amount of time was the Illians had done one of their rituals and I started getting white clouds over portions of the island I'm on that aren't in my cultural boundaries. Even though it's turn 285, I also seem to think that their was another bout of receding age, almost like after you did Genesis (which I haven't finished at this time).

When I brought up the game this morning, I also had these weird effect of a white pointer that would come from off screen and needle down to point near where the cursor was. I reset the game to default graphics and rebooted the game and that effect went away but my cottages/towns/hamlets are still gone.

Odd too that Griffons in the XML do not have any default AI behavior like wolves or bears, unless it's simply due to my lack of XML skills.
THey have unitai_animal as default, so i.e. do not enter claimed territory.
Also, as you can see in the patch changelog, I am working on griffons' numbers problem. Hopefully it will be enough.
I'm having the problem with the icon bars over the city names on the main map not showing up. It makes managing religions kinda a pain, and when a city is in revolt it is putting up large white lines on my screen.
Hmm, it works fine for me... Any chance for a screenshot/save?
I reset the game to default graphics and rebooted the game and that effect went away but my cottages/towns/hamlets are still gone.
You have probably advanced to renaissance age. I need to check it, but seems the most probable. I need to define the art for this age.

You have probably advanced to renaissance age. I need to check it, but seems the most probable. I need to define the art for this age.

Yeah that sounds about right...literally because I remember developing the Printing press and having the music change.

Also, I started a new game and right now I'm noticing more of those bits where we get the big pink dome. I redid patch Z and then installed patch C again since I realized that I patched to C and THEN patched to Z so we'll see if that fixes it. It was really early in the game so I think it may be some of those new feature art since I don't think to many animals had spawned. Either that or it's more spider lairs. :(

I'll double-check to see if my reloading patches fixed the problem.

UPDATE: I think going back and repatching to Z THEN repatching to C did the trick. I check and again both pink blobs where spider pens.

Attached are a few screen shots and and save which two of these shots were taken from. The white lines are jumpy and come and go. I have also seen disembodied aproximations of city icons floating in air. And once yesterday I saw a long string of letters and numbers in white text in place of the city icons. Perhaps this is an issue of my install but it started with the most recent update to FfH and Orbits.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 150
  • messed up lines.CivBeyondSwordSave
    121.3 KB · Views: 144
Endless loop of Gain Aggressive Trait/Lose Minor Leader option.

The Golden Ages each turn are wonderful, but I think there might be a problem with this. ;)

I checked both saves.

@Tathain
It works fine for me, no white lines & missing icons...
Does it happen every game? Is it in FfH & BtS too?
When did it start - was it ok in older versions of Orbis?
Anyone else has such problems?

@Sarisin
Got it. A python trigger handling aggressive trait change was missing one "s"...
Fixed in d.

same problem as tathain, only tried one game... will check later if it is in other games aswell

Okay, I just confirmed that when I get Printing Press and enable Humanism, I lose my cottage graphics. Right now those seem to be the only thing wrong right now.

UPDATE: While still there, the windmill graphics shrink to about 1/4 size. The farms seem to shrink and loose the fields, but if it is merely shrinking as well, perhaps it's just to small to see over the bright green of the grasslands.

I can't send a screenshot, but every once in a while the lairs show up as a HUGE pink sphere. Since this is something that's... Quite obvious, I'm betting I've done something wrong. The thing is, all I did was download and install the main Orbis dl on this thread. Is there some extra dl that I'm missing somewhere? The first time, best I could tell, it seemed to be on the Standing Stones but I THINK there was a spider lair in there somewhere due to the number of spiders around it, and I'm SURE it was a spider lair this time.. I happened to have a hunter in the very center and as soon as it explodred the spider's lair it dissapeared. It's not MUCH of a problem... Just annoying when you can't tell what's underneath it. And this thing had as big a radius as my Kurio capital did. 0.o

So far I havn't found any other problems, except for a high number of missing descriptions on leaders, or places where it says "Civpediatextkey," but I think that just means they are placeholders for information to come, right?

Edit: DEFFINITELY giant spider dens, I just followed this one giant spider that every time I destroyed the den it made a new one... And I couldn't find the spider for about six of them because it kept hiding in the pink sphere. :p Smart spider.

I'm guessing it's your graphics card, mine was like that but then I upgraded mine

As bad as my computer is, I would believe you instantly.... Except it never happens in Fall Further, Fall Flat [before it was outdated by the new FF update] or base FFH2. Just Orbis. It happens for any mercenary Elven mages [not the archmages, ironically, or the Illusionist graphic ones] and for Gibbon as well, although theres are much smaller. And that doesn't explain the txtkeyentries. That being said, I'm going to assume it's just my lousy computer. XD

I can't send a screenshot, but every once in a while the lairs show up as a HUGE pink sphere.

Edit: DEFFINITELY giant spider dens, I just followed this one giant spider that every time I destroyed the den it made a new one... And I couldn't find the spider for about six of them because it kept hiding in the pink sphere. :p Smart spider.
You had installed Orbis on top of old FfH version and there is missing spider den graphics. It was already reported, just update your FfH to z and then uninstall and reinstall Orbis. Saves will be ok.
Well, that is true unless you get many random lairs turn to red blob. That should happen for spider lairs only.

So far I havn't found any other problems, except for a high number of missing descriptions on leaders, or places where it says "Civpediatextkey," but I think that just means they are placeholders for information to come, right?
The above fix should help here, too. But many minor leaders (especially base FfH ones) do not have descriptions and just TXT_LEADER appears.

@Tathain & A Golden Dragon
You may check the attached files. These are font files from base 0.21. If there is still a problem, try replacing Orbis ones with default FfH ones. Tell me if any of this let the icons to be displayed. They will not display correctly, as i.e. you will get wrong icons for the guilds, but I am trying to find where it got broken.
By the way, what are your system specs? Especially OS.

Attachments

• Fonts.zip
    290.6 KB · Views: 135
... I'd love to agree, but I INSTALLED at 0.40z. I'd recently whiped my comp so installed/patched it up fresh very recently, so that's not it unless something got corrupted durring the download. Allways possible, I have wireless and the storms here tend to screw up anything "big."

Edit: Trying it anyways though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom