1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

First of all, this is indeed a wonderful modmod.

I am playing my first game v 0.22c with the Mechanos. At some point (230+ turns) all my cottages, hamlets, villages, and towns seem to disappear. They are there but graphically invisible. Farms are partially visible (the little structure is there but the patch for cultivated land is not). I wonder if this has anything to do with the issue mentioned a few posts before or it is something else?

2. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

How the Palace of the Scions does not grant espionage points like everybody else? Is this a bug, or intentional?
    Playing .22c

3. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Caption for the first Pic: Whoa! This can't be good! :p

Entered into the Worldbuilder and deleted the square I thought might be causing the problem. As shown by the second pic, I believe it might have been a spider pen that was the issue due to the spider at the top of the pic.

4. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

Pink square for the Tuatha De Danann great prophet.
    Scion hunters with subdue animal can't adopt animals.

5. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

The Wild Haven doesn't grant any promotions to Scions units.

6. Zarsynn

Zarsynn Chieftain

Confirmed: entering worldbuilder and adding a spider lair gives the giant red blob of opaqueness... :crazyeye: Haven't found anything else that does it- yet :)

-Z

7. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Bug. Fixed. For Mazatl and Mechanos, too.
    You have installed 0.22c on FfH 0.40y.
    That is partially my fault, forgot to update the compatibility part. 22c requires 0.40 z base.
    Best you can do is to uninstall Orbis, remove all reamins, update FfH and then install Orbis again. Saves should be ok with that and you will miss some other blobs. To name just one: bannor spartatoi - I use seZereth's champion for them.

Scions are not alive so can't adopt animals. Same goes for demons and angels.
    I did not think it fits, but if you think I should re-enable it, I will do it.

8. Zarsynn

Zarsynn Chieftain

Cool- that did the trick! Thanks.

9. Mylon

Mylon Amateur Game Designer

I had the towns-disappear bug also.

I've also experienced a weird problem with the scion assassin unit. That is, when it moves, the game does not realize that the unit is done with its turn and move to the next. It hangs until I select a different unit manually and give it an order, then it'll go on to the next unit.

Likewise, when I issue a ranged-attack order to my ships, then tell them to hold (for next turn) the game will come around to them again that turn, so I have to tell them once again to hold.

10. Elm

Elm Warlord

I just started up a game with Orbis. On turn 12, Archeron was created, and the Cult of the Dragon was founded. Is that intentional? The cult is founded by any dragon including Archeron?

11. Mylon

Another strange thing I noticed: Workshops require 1 food in the tile to be built. So when playing as the Scions, if I build the workshops on a plains and then build the temple of the gift, I get some very awesome tiles (5 hammers, 2 commerce, I think), but if I build the temple of the gift first, I cannot build the workshop. This kind of must-do-it-in-this-order is rather undesirable, especially since the food part seems kinda irrelevant to scions anyhow. Being stuck only able to build yurts on these tiles bugs me.

12. Willgar

Willgar Prince

Mechanos cant built Mercurian Gate in my current game (22c) not sure if its a bug or a feature :)

13. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Never had the town problem - will have to take a look... Just to be sure - no pillaging occured and the extra yield is gone, not just the graphics?

No, it is founded by any civ thet worship dragons (Kurios, Sheaim, Mazatl) or by building Acheron. If there are both acheron and the appropiate civ, the cult headquaters will move to it's city.
    Founding by acheron is a way to get CotD in game even if no appropiate civ is in.
    A leftover form old times. Going to find a way to fix it... somehow...
    Intentional. Scions and Grigori should not be able to do it, too. I think both Cassiel and Verocchio would sooner die than allow Basium to the world. And Scions are Scions...

14. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

simply change it to require 0 food minimum...

15. Mylon

Right, fixing workshops is easy. Jus' change the improvement xml in the terrain folder.

As for towns, no they were not totally disappearing, it was only the graphics. The commerce and such was still there (as well as the mouse-over text).

16. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

17. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

First thing that came to my mind was by era defined graphics. i.e. my civ switched to some era for which cottage to town graphics were not defined. I was however playing the Mechanos whose leader is agnostic so I never adopted a religion. As eras are connected to religions in FfH I thought the civ would never switch to a different era. If what you point to implies using the eras for yet another mechanic or just for blocking some techs then I might have switched to some era implicitly without adopting a religion.

Any way, I hope this issue gets solved soon as I had to abandon (temporarily I hope) a game that was quite fun to play.

18. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

I can't explore Troll Lairs. I remember being able to in the last version, but since the switch I havn't been able to.

19. Ceeker

Ceeker Chieftain

Orbis won't install correctly for me. I have FfH2 0.40z in my mods
    (D:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\) folder, yet I receive the following error:

"An error occured while trying to read the source file:
    The source file "\mods\Fall from Heaven 2\*" does not exist."

:/

I'm thinking it's either because of x64 Vista, or that I have it installed on my D:\ rather than C:\.

EDIT - never mind, I managed to get it up and running by manually copying the FfH2 files across. Looks good so far :)

20. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Not so simple. I need to make sure everyone gets the ability to build them and only where they should. If removing :food: requirement, I can add :hammers: req, but that rules out grass.
    I can manually add every terrain type, but what to do with snow and desert? Should illians be able to build them on ice (I think so). But without :food: req everyone can or everyone can't...
    Is it really so much trouble? :( Anyway, do not expect it soon, I think no chance before monday, and that is an optimistic date. Too much work RL and I am almost out of time.
    Xienwolf is right I think. I have added renaisssance era to distribute techs better but forgot to check if graphics are defined.... Unfortunatelly, had not enough time to check everything...
    Eras are still used the way they are in BtS, but if you got religion, it overwrites other eras.
    It was never possible. Designed so. You need to remove swamp to get rid of trolls.
    I run vista x64 and installed Orbis it on drive F, so it is not the case.
    Probably there is something wrong with your installation i.e. broken registry entry. Anyway, good you got it working :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.