Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be build order to remove swamp. It will remove lair too.
Is there. if not, what civ are you playing?

I am trying to make lairs removable, but so far no luck (and I want them not-explorable and not auto-razed)

I think removing troll caves if possible should be a high priority for automated workers.

Hi, I have never ending computer player turn.

There is something weird with this game - no FoL and RoK, but Ljos and Khazad are in game, and in my previous game -btw also killed by the bug - both FoL and RoK appeared. Only change I made was to add "No minor leaders" option (and yes, I started new game to clear options when installed this mod, and didn't play FFH since then).

Attachments

• Mahazel NeverEnding- Turn_0313 .CivBeyondSwordSave
    757.6 KB · Views: 57
Playing a game as the Kuriosites, 3 Great people just disappeared from my capital. I just popped a Great Prophet, yet they are also gone. Is this a known issue?

Did you start a golden age? That will consume a few great people.

Nope, didn't start a golden age. It seemed to happen when I discovered Elementalism.

Very strange.

When does I come out?

Amurite Siege Mages cause other units to acquire their casting range when selected in the same group. Despite how much fun it was to select 1 siege mage and 10 other firebows to target an area 3 squares away, this probably needs fixing.

first post! i should get the part were i say how much i've enjoyed playing this mod and thank ahwaric and team for all their hard work out of the way at the top. seriously, this game is amazing!

i've run into a nasty CTD scenario on turn 277 of my most recent game, tried loading an earlier autosave and playing back to the point where it happens and i still get the error. attached the save if you'd like to take a look.

ps. it's been a few weeks since i've played "vanilla" FfH but are assassins supposed to target naval units in cities, seems a little funky.

Attachments

• Teppo Turn_0277.CivBeyondSwordSave
    650.9 KB · Views: 60
well i can imagine an assassin take out a ship's crew :p or planting some explosive's, or drilling holes in a ship. if it is the easiest target why not?

nice changes about the infernals, Ahwaric. do you also plan to change the way in which angels and manes are spawned? I think it's very, very wrong that hybbie is encouraged to kill evil guys and basium to kill good guys.

damn, i just saw a single doviello city with (counted) 213 units (including around 60 longbowmen) no wonder they take soooooo long to finish their turn...

Two bugs with the "barbarian hordes are at our gate" event:
1. It should not be possible for civs who are at peace with the barbs to get this event in the first place.

2. Choosing the "Our leader has abandoned us" option caused this to happen:
I've ended up in control of a random Civ, possessing a few units with zero visibility and the map still centered on my old capital. Maybe no one is ever expected to choose that option and this is some kind of sick punishment for turning over their civ to the rapacious hordes, but at the very least there should be a mouse-over text warning what choosing the 'abandon' option does. :crazyeye:
Save attached, here's a picture:
Spoiler :

Just a general comment, I've noticed what I'd consider a significant number of bugs in the Orbis specific events, ranging from minor typos (many apostrophes are rendered as question marks, for example) to potentially fatal ones like I described above. I much prefer the events from base FfH, even though they're plain and weighted towards boring celestial stuff and that damn werewolf attack, they seem to just work much more fluidly. Kind of wish the Orbis events were disabled until some more development goes into them.

well i can imagine an assassin take out a ship's crew :p or planting some explosive's, or drilling holes in a ship. if it is the easiest target why not?
I'm still calling it a bug since the rest of one's stack isn't forced to fight the drydocked navy, just the assassins. An axeman could chop down a mast or hack up a crewman too, they just don't have to before capturing a city ;)

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0025.CivBeyondSwordSave
    141 KB · Views: 46
The Amurite Windrider is so Awesome it can detect Submarines! or at least that's what the Dossier told me

The Amurite Windrider is so Awesome it can detect Submarines! or at least that's what the Dossier told me
that is right and it can. As all frigates (and I think clippers).
If you ask: What, submarines in Orbis? - ask Verocchio.

I added this ability to frigates as I did not have better idea and something has to be able to detect it. And should work for AI (so birds when they were in and magic eyes do not count)
If anyone have better idea, I would really like to change it. So please share :)

@moshi
Events need some help text, but still I like them in. If typos are so hard for you, you can always disable the new events. As I am going to remove werewolf and muire goblins...
The black screen happens on several occasions, saving and reloading helps.

Assassins attacking ships is part of FF tweak to make guardsman work more as it should. It is a bug and I work on it.

Your first save crashes for me too. So far no idea.

2. Choosing the "Our leader has abandoned us" option caused this to happen:
I've ended up in control of a random Civ, possessing a few units with zero visibility and the map still centered on my old capital. Maybe no one is ever expected to choose that option and this is some kind of sick punishment for turning over their civ to the rapacious hordes, but at the very least there should be a mouse-over text warning what choosing the 'abandon' option does. :crazyeye:
Save attached, here's a picture:
Spoiler :

Save, reload. Your screen should be back to normal. Same issue happens in FF when you change civs... Likely to see the same thing with the Infernals and Mercs.

that is right and it can. As all frigates (and I think clippers).
If you ask: What, submarines in Orbis? - ask Verocchio.

I added this ability to frigates as I did not have better idea and something has to be able to detect it. And should work for AI (so birds when they were in and magic eyes do not count)
If anyone have better idea, I would really like to change it. So please share :)

@moshi
Events need some help text, but still I like them in. If typos are so hard for you, you can always disable the new events. As I am going to remove werewolf and muire goblins...
The black screen happens on several occasions, saving and reloading helps.

Assassins attacking ships is part of FF tweak to make guardsman work more as it should. It is a bug and I work on it.

Your first save crashes for me too. So far no idea.

I think I'm going to play an Archipelago Map with Mechanos and test drive, err pilot the Subs ;)

I'm learning how to use SketchUp, do you need some buildings done?

i always enjoyed vreating buildings.. most of the time some houses or stuff, and add lots of detail...which i guess we wont need for orbis :p im not to good with spheres and orbs XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom