Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having trouble getting Orbis i to work. I installed it over FFH i. Is it not compatible with the latest version?

My specific problems so far:

The turn off automation button deletes units. Units cannot explore lairs. The explore button doesn't even show up. I didn't play long enough to notice anything else.

Er, whoops.

I went back to G, installed Orbis I, and started a game as Svartalfar. None of the above problems occurred.

However, when I went to research the FoL tech, it wasn't on my list. I checked to see if I had the prerequisites, and I did. I went into the world builder and added it to my technologies. When left the world builder and ended my turn, I didn't have FoL.

Did you start a Play Now! game? Sometimes, gameoptions are messed up and you end up with NO_RELIGION thing. Checks your settings in game to see if it's there.

Oh, there it is. Fellowship of Leaves is disabled. However, in the custom game options there's nothing to let me enable or disable individual religions.

Hey, first off, I want to say, that I absolutely love the mod and can't wait to try out the LENA mod as well.

I've recently downloaded the i patch, reinstalled everything and found that I can't cast spells at all. There aren't even options or icons to show the world spells. I've cleared all the play options. Any suggestions?

People, please read the instructions. These are there for a reason...
All recent problems are caused by not following instructions (bolded) in the first post of welcome to orbis thread.

Current version of Orbis does not work with FfH patch I. Period.
I am working on compatibile version (first thing I do after coming back from holidays... )
But the changes are big and it will take some time. So please, do not reinstall orbis using FfH 0.41 I as a base. All it will do is breaking the mod.
You can update FfH and play it while keeping Orbis. But remeber that you need FfH 0.41 patch g to install Orbis properly.

I have uploaded Kael's patch g here. Should work.

Regarding integrating patch - next version (0.25 or 0.3) of Orbis will be stand-alone install for that reason. But current really needs proper FfH base :(

I will work on next big version once I consider Orbis stable after integrating AI changes. So it will probably be out no sooner than in November

Blast! So next version will be out in November only? The one with the AI changes or the one after that? I ask to know whether I can start planning my own update or not.

I am currently working on AI changes. It is one of the harder updates I did... :(
Also, looks like the importing from Wild Mana to FfH 41 h/i was only half (3/4 ?) done, so it will be continued.
I want to release it as soon as possible, then it will probably take some time to fix the bugs, as I am sure there will be some. Look at FfH after H.

Once I am done with it, I will finally work on the new stuff (I really want to, but first things first) - and that I mean by new version scheduled for november.

Okay. I believe you when you say the update is hard... I wasn't feeling like doing it myself because of this :(

FfH 0.41g Orbis 0.24i

Got the monument dedication event and chose the +2 health option. Instead it provided +2 happiness.

Mousing over the health breakdown in the city showed +1 health from buildings (I had a herbalist), and the happiness breakdown showed +3 happiness from buildings (only happiness building was the palace)

However the building list on the city screen correctly listed the monument as +2 health, +2 culture...

I've seen it at least twice.

Bad (?) news.

After spending entire two days getting all the code to Orbis (finally done it), I think I will just start again and do not use better AI.
There are several reasons. I can be wrong of course.

First, stability. I am not sure how is the current state of FfH, but I get many bugs that are hard to nail down

Second, performance. Most of the things are done in python and I am sure it does affect performance

Third, difficulty - too much for me to digest...

Fourth, elegance & customization - python again, every single unit is listed there. So for Orbis I would have to review value of every unit and personally write code

I am going to start again and probably use some things I like. Also, I am going to think of some simpler and more flexible methods of improving AI.
But I doubt I will ever include all (or even half) of Wild Mana changes
Too much trouble for too little improvement in AI performance.

Well, as a rule of thumb, I would say that writing code ourselves (or yourself, since you are the main modder of Orbis) is better so that you'll know it; makes debugging easier.

Aside from that, I think you should take a break from merging things and work on new features, if only for your mental health ;)

But the most urgent thing to do is to release a FFH-free version so that people won't need a 'good' version of FFH anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom