1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalina

Kalina Just lurking...

Well, I wasn't very precise :) I can see forest under cottages, but I can't see forest under towns. It is usually possible to tell the difference between town on grassland and town on forest, just very difficult.

Attached Files:

2. Opera

Opera Deity

Yeah, like really few trees on the edge of the tile.

3. JujZe

JujZe Chieftain

I can't explore lairs and stuff.
    Did i do something wrong in installation?
    FfH patch j and then orbis with a patch.

:confused:

4. Opera

Opera Deity

Which civ? Which lairs?

If you play a civ at peace with animals and try to explore den, you won't be able to.
    Same for barbarian-friendly civ and barbarian lairs (gobelin fort and such).
    Same for demon-friendly civ and demon lairs (barrows).

Does your case match with one of those thing? :)

(We should create a DISABLE_TEXT_KEY tag, a text key per spell which would show what should be done for disabled spells to make then enabled...)

5. ricolikesrice

ricolikesrice Chieftain

though not playing orbis atm still keeping on track and the patchlog looks nice. cottages economy becomes worth it again, general settling removed - definitly parts of my "wishlist", heh.

one question though, can generals once again actually split from units ? last time i played orbis i dont know whether it was commander or general but those you would get from fighting wars could NOT split from units they joined. meanwhile the republic civic occasionaly gave you a free commander/general and he COULD split from units. (with settling removed i think it d be only fair if every general could join another unit if he wants to). i also remember a bug where getting the adventurer promotion (for exploring lairs) would remove the general/commander promotion, but maybe thats been fixed already.

6. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

Orbis is for FfH2 41g, not 41j. Reinstall FfH2, patch to g, then install Orbis i, patch to j. It's somewhat confusing right now, since people tend to forget to mention the version numbers, only saying "g", "i", "j" and so on - and currently both Orbis and FfH2 is on "j".

But Orbis i/j is actually for FfH2 g, not j. You savvy? ;)

7. Opera

Opera Deity

No no Luckmann.

Ahwaric said in the Welcome to Orbis thread that Orbis is actually for patch j, mostly just to have the Beast of Agares graphics. It overwrites most files anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

8. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

Bah, then the OP in this thread needs to be updated:
    :p

I haven't installed the latest Orbis yet, but would it be correct to assume then that I should patch my FfH2 to Patch FfH2 41j, reinstall Orbis 24i and patch it to 24j?
    Edit: Read the welcome thread, in which the OP is up-to-date, and you are in fact right and I am wrong. Again. :p

9. jaolhe

jaolhe Chieftain

I got a repeatable CTD with my Balseraph game started with 0.24j. Here's the file attached. No idea what might be causing it.

Attached Files:

10. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Glad to hear :)
    No, generals are BtS style and can't split form units. But there is certain reason to let them...
    Mostly it is disabled for balance (so that not every unit has all the nice promos that general allows).
    Maybe I should assimilate FF generals :confused:
    I was not aware of such bug. I need to block awarding adventurer to units with great general. Hero/adventurer and great generals exclude each other.
    My wrong actually. Forgot to update first post here too. Fixed.
    No, not the Balseraph crash again... :( It lurks in the shadows trying to get me.
    Checking the save now.
    Because Kael did?
    Also, I want to check how the AI is doing without AI weigths. Some were a bit off. Some will probably be back.

11. Opera

Opera Deity

I was asking to be sure it wasn't a mistake or something. I think Kael removed the AIWeights because the AI now is semi-hardcoded in python to prioritize some buildings.

12. Dominicius

Dominicius Chieftain

I am having a very annoying problem where the game crashes when I enter turn Nr.153. I can't continue my game because of this.

Another issue in the same save is the progress bar for GP in the top of the screen, notice how it shows completely wrong percentages.

Don't know if this is fixed but during the scholarship event, you can build a library before you have Knowledge of the Ether and you can add +4 hammers to your library before you actually own a library.

There is more. Currently there seem to be no techs that can be researched by a Great Sage. Try it. In this game I tried getting Knowledge of the Ether with a great sage only to discover that he can't research it. He is still standing in capitol, unable to bulb anything. You can see for yourself.

What the hell is up with the number of bugs Ahwaric? The lack of polish in this version is ridiculous. I don't know if this has something to do with the changes to standard FfH but this is just bad.

Attached Files:

13. Opera

Opera Deity

The bulbing bug is due to flavors not having been added when there's none with culture. It's the same kind of bug as the one of previous version with Great Peoples; I believe it was in the previous version too.

That's units flavors I'm talking about; they're needed to multiply techs' flavors to return the bulb order. If they're 0, the result is 0: no bulbing.

14. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

All above bugs were in previous version. Not sure about the crashes (still no clue with jaolhe's save BTW).
    I just did not know about them.
    I guess by library you mean mage guild, right? Because in Orbis I play KotE enables mage guild. So it is ok if you can build library without it, provided you have writing.
    Enhancing library was unactive for me if I had no library in the city.
    Also, what version of Orbis do you play? In 24 j I have fixed that event so that it gives research instead of hammers. You know, it helps to mention the version you are running.
    regarding bulbing - what Opera said, will be fixed.
    Well, I am lousy modder that likes to add bugs.
    Seriously, post like this makes me want to quit modding.
    Thanks, I can use my time differently. And I mean - a lot of time. :rolleyes:

But thanks for reporting bugs anyway.

15. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

:goodjob::goodjob:

It always aggravates me when people report bugs with an attitude... Modders do what they do for FREE, in their own free time. Should be thankful for it, rather than expect a release to be bug free.

Now, if you had PAID for the game it would be different, and I'd be right there with you complaining... But for something free of charge? Never. ;)

16. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

^ I agree with the above post.

Until you try to mod, you don't appreciate how much work it is. Trust me, it is.
    And, yes, I would like the bugs fixed, and the latest cool feature, but, modders have lives too. They DO have other stuff to do. (like, real life xD)

17. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Urm, my bad, a double-post xD

Well,

Congrats Ahwaric, for making Orbis!

There, now it isn't a wasted post, and, congrats. =]

18. Willgar

Willgar Prince

Dominicius, you shame yourself with this comment. The mod community works for free to improve and create a game for us all to enjoy and you make a comment like this? Maybe you are not a native english speaker or have poor interpersonal either way, you come across as an ungratefull bstard :mad:

19. Opera

Opera Deity

Although what Dominicius said wasn't appropriate, please don't answer with insults ;)

20. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Complaining about mod quality is like complaining about your mothers cooking. Post constructive critique, or try to find the causes of the bugs and post that. Don't just blurb out that the mod sucks cause there is bugs. Mention it sure, but do so in a civil way.

What makes modders like Ahwaric keep going with a project like this is the fact that people enjoy his work, and you have to consider yourself a beta tester of an unfinished product, not a player of an AAA+ game when you play a mod. If you don't want to help make it better, leave it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.