OSG-25 with kyrub's patch (1.40m)

Wow guys, this thread is a great read! I'm at page 3, slowly going through it. I don't even know if the game is over yet, I assume so!
Yup - and I hope you've enjoyed it! I'm hoping Imperium 26 will come together too, though I don't know to what extent (or even if!) I can participate, due to a persistent health problem that's cropped up (and prevented me logging in here for several weeks).

Looks like you all had a lot of fun doing this. I'll watch at Realms Beyond for the next round.
Sounds great, and you'd be welcome if you want to play! I hope we get one going soon, even if I'm relegated to the cheering section....

A question about the diplo victory in 2375 - what was the reason behind that? Did Saurak sneak by Kelvan in planet count?
Thanks to Orion's election mechanics, he actually didn't have to! As Raiddinn notes, the lizards had lots of planetology tech to boost the size of their worlds, and one galactic council vote is given to each race for every 100 population points or-fraction-thereof that they control. So if one race has 301 pop and another has 399, they each get four votes.

Nominations go to the two races with the greatest number of votes, regardless of actual population or planet count, and ties are broken in player number order (i.e. top to bottom on the list from the galactic map). This means the player (us) is always nominated unless at least two other races have a larger number of votes ... and since the Sakkra were second on the list ("Player 1" to our "Player 0") in this game, all they had to do was match the Psilons' vote count to get nominated.

Top Bottom