Ottomans (using Janissary model from Poland Scenario)

ferretbacon

Obsessor
Anyone interested? I'd live to see the Ottomans in the game, but I don't have any experience with making my own mods. This seems like a relatively simple mod since the UU is already in the game. The leader screen would have to be made and the unique district could be modeled, but also could just be a standard Commercial Hub (or could use Poland's Sukiennice building model in a pinch).

Alternatively, can anyone at least give me a crash course into how I could do this myself? i.e. modding for dummies. I know nothing. Do I have to download mod tools or are they already in my game files? Is it mostly modifying code and placing art assets into appropriate folders? Or do I work in the Steam Workshop?

Anyway, Ottoman concept:

Leader - Mehmed II

Agenda - Padishah
Covets capital cities on his continent and will attempt to conquer them. Will not return conquered cities during peace negotiations.

Leader Ability - el-Fatih
Ranged siege units receive additional bonus damage (+20%) against cities. The Bombard unit unlocks early (not sure at which tech) and doesn't require Niter.

Unique Ability - Millet
For each unique religion (including your own) in your empire that represents a majority in at least one city, gain +1 amenity. Gain a culture bonus in your capital equal to triple the amenity bonus number.

Unique Unit - Janissary (model from Poland Scenario)
Replaces Musketman; heals 5% of its base health per turn regardless of location or actions taken. Janissary Corps receive a +5 combat bonus.

Unique District - Bazaar
Replaces the Commercial Hub; +1 gold for each improved unique luxury resource in your civilization and +1 Great Merchant points over standard Commercial Hub.

Top Bottom