• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

Israel is being worked on, yeah. And thanks to the crash I had to remake most of my code so there's a bunch of optimization (handling parts of the UA) and design changes there. Also, a lot of compatibility. And since I got my hands on a template, SQL should be done relatively quickly.

That said, between the crash and now I went on vacations and nearly finished George III out of whim (taught me a lot about compatibility, though), so I should focus on Israel next. Civilopedia text would be extremely useful.

You know, if you ever need someone to compile and do basic XML and SQL, I'm usually available ;)

Also, I know we've had a number of leader scenes floating around for Khomeini. Those of you who did that, have you guys continued to work on them?

I think they continue to work on other projects. which understandable to me as an art is finish when the artist think "I'm done with this!" and move on

So far, there are two leaderscenes AFAIK

The Specialize
Spoiler :

and Betelgeuse
Spoiler :

I prefer The Specialize. I have read history surrounding 1979 Iranian revolution, and I like to sneak Azadi Tower in the scene. I also like to sneak Persepolis as the last city name of Khomeini (with good reason)

I might also look at how diplomacy text change with certain leader, so Khomeini may call other Darius and Timur as fake Iran and condemn USA and USSR when they met :p.

GPuzzle - I'll definitely hook you up with some Pedia text. I can do the little blurbs, but I'm a bit swamped with school at the moment to do a full pedia. Anyone interested?

You know, if you ever need someone to compile and do basic XML and SQL, I'm usually available ;)

The thing that takes me the most time is gathering the art files, such as the .dds files and the .mp3 songs, as well as the Unit Models. Also, I'm not sure whether we have a map and a Dawn of Man scene or not. SQL and XML compiling is quite easy for me since I have a template handy. That'd be really useful.

Supposing we have everything we need, folks, once Israel's art files are properly compiled, we can release it within hours!

The thing that takes me the most time is gathering the art files, such as the .dds files and the .mp3 songs, as well as the Unit Models. Also, I'm not sure whether we have a map and a Dawn of Man scene or not. SQL and XML compiling is quite easy for me since I have a template handy. That'd be really useful.

Supposing we have everything we need, folks, once Israel's art files are properly compiled, we can release it within hours!

... you have a template? Did you make it? If not, where did you find it?

... you have a template? Did you make it? If not, where did you find it?

Slightly modified version of Tarcisio's, courtesy of Nix.

So after the release of Israel and Iran, what will Our World be focussing on? I can't really remember what state a lot of the planned civs are in (at least those not in the OP) asides from the fact that Indonesia has some art and Thatcher has a LS - not sure if either had concrete designs though.

Our world will be focusing on the following war. Duh.

(Seriously though, I think Indonesia should be next. We really needs civs from this region.)

Khruschev also has a LS, as does East Timor. Japan might also have one, but I'm not sure. Venezuela had a LS in the works, but I'm not sure it was finished. I know it has a map though, and possibly an icon for the Tortuga.

Yeah, the next civs are not set in stone. Indonesia is coming together well though. I would also like to get the Cold War trinity out next but we'll see what happens with everything.

On Israel - here's what we need:

Merkava Icon, Alpha and Model
Icon for Ben Gurion (I think?)
Israel Pedia - not the one for Ben Gurion, I've got that.

Anyone care to help us out with any of these?

Very well then. You're welcome, and good luck with the project :goodjob:
By the way what's the peace and war theme music for PRC? I heard it ingame and it's like... wow... now I wanna search it on Youtube but dunno the names.

I'm 20 days late but for posteriority. The Peace song's name is "The East is Red" and the War song is "When that day Comes".

Link to video.

Link to video.

I think there are some misspells in Mao's city names

Shenzen -> Shenzhen
Senyang -> Shenyang
Kuming -> Kunming
Mingbo -> Ningbo
Tangashan -> Tangshan

Besides, Love Mao's songs.

Top Bottom