Overlord Scenario Playtest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose probably off. I guess if you two are taking Allied powers, I'd better play as Germany. Would playing as "the axis" (and taking Japan too) be overwhelming for China, or might it work out well enough given your American ally?

If that's the case I'd like Britain - maybe leave the Soviets to the AI and see if they trounce Germany again. Also, if they do, the three of us can then unite for Patton's Daydream WW3 scenario.

Depending how we choose our factions, I can create a special Events.txt to boost the Axis with some extra units...The Sovs too, we leave them as AI. Won't be too hard to add some random-triggering unit stacks.

Sounds good to me - just let us know when it's available. With three of us and a large scenario like this, we're probably looking at an every other day commitment, I'd guess. That's still a pretty good pace.

Depending how we choose our factions, I can create a special Events.txt to boost the Axis with some extra units...The Sovs too, we leave them as AI. Won't be too hard to add some random-triggering unit stacks.

Sounds good for me too. Especially if John and I or at least one of us landed in continental Europe for liberating the continent.

With some new edits to events and other files, I am doing my own playtest, logging new typos and fixes.

Playing as the Neutrals, and watching the ruthless battles of the AI - The soviets declared war on the reich on turn one.
I feel this will be a good heir to the Imperialism scenario, which was my intention. I will play a dozen more turns, and get
this one ready to an MP game, as we discussed.

Nov 1941 - Moscow, Stalingrad and Voronezh have al fallen to the reich! The Allies have to get their act together...! Where is that atom bomb?

I sorted a mixed up mess in the German events for Barabarossa, where they had no condition for final victory from taking Stalingrad and Kiev...Fixed now.

Jan 1942 - The AI Germans have taken Saratov and Leningrad - The game is up for Stalin. The AI Brits are holding their own, and soon the USA must get involved.

The game is panning out pretty well for the baddies, given the zero influence of human playing. The Axis will be a good foe for MP Allied games.

Oh, crap...! Uncle Sam where art thou?
Ger_Vic1.png

June 1944 - In our reality, the Allies where storming the beaches, and the Russians were winding up for the great push Westwards.

In this game, the reich spreads from Nantes to Perm, and is battling in Iraq with the British Empire. Stalin is reduced to meaningless hit and run attacks.
The Japanese are mired in a stalemate situation in China and in their own sealanes. At this point, my neutral civ is sitting with 80,000 gold and vigorously growing cities.
A good time to leave off, and make the edits and fixes the playthrough hinted to me.

One such thing will be big cash rewards for getting trucks to trade cities...Not easy with subs and bombers roving all over the map.
I kept the science reward boost for trucks around 250, still pretty good, but not OP. Units are expensive and the gold boost will be handy.
Trade is entirely optional, as the AI had some 1944 weapons around the correct time, but I might reduce the tech nerfing level a bit.

Time to update the edit list and make the changes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom