PAE VI

I have yet got this: -->Cvplayer.cpp/5249 ; GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType(().getCivilizationBuildings(eBuildingsClass)==eBuildings --> (iNewValue&FLTA_ID_MASK)!=0
It'll be slow but it might work.
Someone reported the "pink square" as Oracle's icon. It's also the case for the Temple of Amon and also cause crashes.

On another topic, the pedia entry for slingshooter is the one for peltaste(?). I actually have found a descriptive text that I'ld have liked to put in there.
Finally, I'm not exactly disturbed by the icon for the Animism civic (which represents rock art), but you know ... a bit debatable. I'll see if I think of something better.

Wow!
Lots of new content! I shall kick off with the small Britonnia scen- looks fab! Also, I should be able to finish it before final version is out.
BTW, what would be the appropriate thread to post screenies and such in?
I'll create one for small impressions... good idea. I forgot, there is none here in this forum ;)

I have yet got this: -->Cvplayer.cpp/5249 ; GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType(().getCivilizationBuildings(eBuildingsClass)==eBuildings --> (iNewValue&FLTA_ID_MASK)!=0
It'll be slow but it might work.
Someone reported the "pink square" as Oracle's icon. It's also the case for the Temple of Amon and also cause crashes.
I don't think it's the button, but yes I found both wrong buttons. I see, there has to come a patch again.

On another topic, the pedia entry for slingshooter is the one for peltaste(?). I actually have found a descriptive text that I'ld have liked to put in there.
uh, thx, ok, I'll fix that.

Finally, I'm not exactly disturbed by the icon for the Animism civic (which represents rock art), but you know ... a bit debatable. I'll see if I think of something better.
Worshiping animals painted on rock. I think, it's ok.

@mikmac: please put some nice pics into the new thread: user pics and gaming experiences...

@Manarch: I added a new txt-key into the online text tool: TXT_KEY_UNIT_SLINGSHOOTER_PEDIA

Skirmisher: TXT_KEY_UNIT_SKIRMISHER_PEDIA (general)
Peltasts: TXT_KEY_UNIT_PELTIST_PEDIA (Greek people)
Javelineers: TXT_KEY_UNIT_JAVELIN_PEDIA (Germanic people)

Hello, as per usual highest praises for the mod and all the hard work everyone puts into it.
Still coming back to it even after playing DeI Rome 2 for a while ;)

The sheer depth and feel of control over your empire are extremely pleasant.
====

Have one question :
How can I play with40+ civs? As soon as I copy/overwrite the .dll from the Extras folder my Oracle national wonder and some other world wonders become pink and crash the game.

Here is my installation process:
1 PAE BETA VI
2 PATCH 3
3 COPY/PASTE .dll from EXTRAS

All the way up to step 2 game works perfectly. Then after the 3rd step some wonders/national wonders start crashing the game once built.

Last edited:
Thank for the clarification! Off to go already getting wrecked my Persian arse by the Hittites in the first game ( Europe XL 40. Swapped Armenian and Persian start locations )

Perhaps I have forgot something, but the AI feels extra aggressive with the colonization( including islands ) Love it!

oh sorry, I forgot to put patch 4 up there. thx brett for the help!
Patch 4 is now available in the 1st post.

I hope, this is the final one for the beta.... we'll see.

Thanks for the Patch IV Pie & Brett. Could you advise how I can confirm the game I am playing is Patch 4. Cheers guys

R

Just copy a clean PAE VI in your Beyond the Sword/Mods folder
Then copy patch 4 into there, overwrite everything -> finished ;)

you could empty the folder PrivateMaps in PieAncientEurope/ before

the correct mod folder structure is .../Beyond the Sword/Mods/PieAncientEuropeVI/

Just checking in before committing to a longer game...
@brettschmitt: is your XL 30 civs good to go or will u be editing it further?
@pie_at should I wait for your final version before kicking it off?
@JohnDay: (If active here) Really enjoyed the Britonnia scen! As for the Diadochi scen: 50 civs! You are crazy sir!!
Turns out it was fully playable even on my low end computer. I had an issue with gamespeed tho, it seems your special gamespeed doesnt apply ingame?
Best wishes to all of you, this is going to be awesome!

The Eurasia XL map is 99.9% finished.
Last thing is to find a good speedinfo, that fits for a c. 1300 turns game with corresponding science and building rates, etc.
The vanilla Marathon is not good enough (too little science)

But it's very well playable (look at the screens in the other thread here).

I've never seen John in this forum, but I will pass your praise to him ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I plan to upload the full version again on thursday. waiting for some feedback and if everything's fine, it's going to be official.

Oh.... and on the XL map the Britones have to be weakened a bit... it's unrealistic they're playing a major role in every game ;)

Oh, ok I am sorry for my two mistakes:
1) I meant health not wealth :D you checked it.
and yes, I know I could put more and more bonus stuff into the mod, but where's the end? if I add apple trees, I'd have to add pear trees too and so on... I prefer quality instead of quantity. And adding tons of sthg doesn't mean to make a game better. I like the amount of things as it is. I have to keep an eye on balance and playability and clarity.

2) second flood: that's nonsense (my fault), I had the two times of harvesting in mind. sorry, I was a bit absent in my thoughts.
Ok, let's go back to the actual problem, why barley is not cultivatable on grassland. It was a strategic reason and I didn't thought of the grassland plots in the nil delta, which looks better with grassland instead of desert with flood plains.
So, ok if this it the only problem, I change the fact that barley can be cultivated on grassland too. you're right, barley (what I forgot to account) can be spread even in northern regions. So grassland is ok for me. I'll change that.

That's bad, I improved turn times generally... but added some stuff for Barbarians (creating animals the whole game long, creating Barbarian fortresses, creating bear caves, checking plots with deer, camels, elephants, horses and war dogs every turn).
As a consolation: Barbarians should become less the more turns you play (razing cities). So perhaps, it's only a starting hurdle.

A number of people have now raised this so I thought it worth doing a longer test on the latest patch, to show how a barbarian scenario would go for most people, bearing in mind the timings are on an 8-year-old i5, so they will vary somewhat depending on hardware. L5000 18CIVS+barbs scenario.

Turn 10 - 32 seconds
Turn 25 - 36 seconds
Turn 50 - 34 seconds
Turn 100 - 35 seconds
Turn 150 - 30 seconds
Turn 200 - 28 seconds
Turn 250 - 30 seconds

I expected turn 250 to be less than 30 seconds because there had been a slow trend of reducing turn times between 200 and 250, so perhaps turn 250 was one of the 'long' turns. It does make sense that as the barbarians lose cities and space the turn times will reduce, at least until the CIVs' extra units push them up in the normal way. I can't lie though, those 250 turns were a real grind, especially the first 200 when there wasn't that much to do.

It's done!

You'll find the download link in the first post of this thread.
I currently change the posting in the general download thread.

I hope you like PAE VI as much you liked all previous versions. The pedia now contains infos about the ranking system and the veteran and elite upgrades. And it now shows a more detailed table of the leaders (ordered by CIVs) and their traits. The traits got their own pedia page. It should help to find the right traits and to choose the correct leader of your favorite traits when you want to play eg the Romans.

Let's play ancient! :D

Top Bottom